Urban Decay Universal Powder

Urban Decay Universal Powder

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

wonderful product. i don't use a ton of makeup much anymore..i find this really helps to cover the redness from breakouts. it was a lifesaver for me when i woke up with a horrible stupid pimple and it covered it up well and toned down the redness..love it! i'll end up buying this again since i believe cargo plantlove discontinued there loose powder foundation

on 4/21/2008 2:05:00 AM

I love this powder. It was a little scary to use it at first, being as it is yellow, but it looks phenomenal. I was blessed with skin that doesn't always need concealer and this is a nice product to freshen up my face.

on 1/10/2005 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was recommended this product by a sephora makeup person and I was suprised how well it works. For my light olive skin tone, the yellow neutralizes the redness around my nose and mouth. I apply it with a brush instead of the puff, because you can control the powder better.

I really liked this product BUT.....after a couple of weeks, i started to break out big time around my mouth and chin, so I stopped using the powder for 2 wks. I'm a bit wary about it now, so I clean my brush often and I rarely use it and I won't buy it again.

on 6/15/2005 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Quite like this product, but I'm being wary as a couple of friends of mine said it made them break out. But so far so good with my FFF skin. This product does lessen the redness, but I'd rather stick to my Benefit Get Even, which gives a more noticeable effect. Would not repurches this product, but it's packaged well enough to show that it'll last for ages anyway.

on 9/3/2005 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this at Sephora because of the star on the jar. Yes, I didn't expect anything out of it. After all, it's just loose powder, right? Also, the fact that it claims to be a 'universal' color attracted me to it. Plus points to any powder with a little bit of yellow in it (I have reddish tones I need to tone down). And guess what? I absolutely love it. Normally, I am iffy about products but this one I used up up to the last speck of powder. It's non-cakey, not crepy, very fine, evens out my skin beautifully after makeup.

Now, am having withdrawal symptoms 'cause am back in Manila and it's not available here. I can't wait to get another jar of this. Use it. Love it. Buy it.

on 5/4/2006 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this powder to even out some of the redness that I sometimes experience. I really like how light and airy it is. I also like that it isn't very obvious (unless it sticks to your moisturizer too much- happened once). I didn't like that the holes in the container are so big, they let too much product come out; you have to be certain that it doesn't tip when travelling or it will really seep out into the top portion. Otherwise very worth the purchase.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This powder is sooooooo finely milled and soft. I bought it to brighten up an ashy foundation and it looks okay, nothing special. It does nothing for oil control. I just thought it was a bit expensive and I won't buy this again.

on 8/17/2004 8:41:00 PM

I keep staring at this thing and thinking, what the f###?!?!?! I paid $20 for this teeny tiny little container of powder?? The container is very cute, and I will reuse for travel, phft, it's so small I'm thiking "travel size" can ya believe it? The powder itself I really do like. Evens out the red blotches on my face, and does feel silky and soft, but I have it sitting on top of my almost empty other container of Clinique powder(which was cheaper and almost three times the size), and just stare at them in amazement because of the size difference. Will not repurchase unless they come out wiht a larger container.

on 5/17/2004 2:10:00 PM

Use to set your foundation. It works best when applied with a brush, using the puff included can cause a freaky yellow tint if you put on too much. It seems like a small amout of powder for the price, but it has lasted my awhile. It can be messy though trying to get the powder through the sifter.

I like this powder. It makes my face smooth and keeps the color even throughout my whole face. (I am an LLL with yellow undertones, pale right now, tanner in the summer.)

At first I balked because it was so yellow, but it doesn't look like that when you put it on your face. There are also teeny tiny microscopic sparkles in it, but don't let that put you off. You can't see them unless your face is a half a centimeter from the mirror so when others look at you all they see is a beautiful matte with the tiniest bit of glow.

I give it 4 instead of 5 because it isn't as finely milled and doesn't wear as well as T. LeClerc's loose powder in Banane which is the same color.

I wear Nirvana over my Stila tinted moisturizer and my skin looks FABULOUS.

I'm not a fan of the puff it comes with. It's cute, but I prefer my face brush.