Bobbi Brown Brights Eye Palette Spring 2009

Bobbi Brown Brights Eye Palette Spring 2009

Matte-talc, polyethylene, zinc stearate, tricaprylin, tetrasodium EDTA, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate. May contain: choromium oxide greens, iron oxides, ultramarine blue, manganese violet, mica, titanium dioxide, ferric ferrocyanide, bismuth oxychloride, carmine, chromium hydroxide green. Shimmer-talc, polyethylene, zinc stearate, tricaprylin, tetrasodium EDTA, chlorphenesin,potassium sorbate. May contain: mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, bismuth oxychloride, ultramarines, carmine, yellow 5 lake, blue 1 lake, chromium oxide greens, chromium hydroxide green.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this as a gift, and was at first dubious- i was worried that with all the bright colours i might end up looking like a child who had been messing around with her mum's makeup set.

But it is amazing!!! There are some more neutral colours which are gorgeous- i use them so much!!! Then there are the brights- so pigmented and fabulous for nights out or to putt along the upper lash line!!

on 9/12/2010 11:11:00 AM

I had got this palette out of excitement of the colours on the website and read 'limited edition' and thought a must have item!
The palette has many shades ranging from red/oranges to yellows, greens, blues and purple/pinks. However they are mostly matte. I wouldn't say they are highly pigmented either but using a base or primer does make them brighter and long lasting. After a year of it sitting in my drawer from the lack of knowing what to do with the matte shades,I have dug it out and can do colourful yet subtle smokey eyes and now use it on a daily basis. Not worth having/saving but since i have it I will use it up sooner than later :)

on 3/15/2009 10:32:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Spring in a palette--and what a pretty palette this is! I've really enjoyed all the new matte shadows introduced this year (sometimes a girl just doesn't WANT to sparkle, right?), though most that I've found are neutral. These are wonderful, bright, joyous shades that perk up any color wardrobe and can add fun to any look. I have to appear somewhat stuffy and somber at work, so I will only use bright colors sparingly, for holidays or "occasions." And, if I were to keep this, it's darn lucky that I don't wear brights every day, because these perky shades come in teeny, tiny, little, almost-microscopic pans (seriously--each pan is only a little bigger than the eraser-end of a pencil! I'd guesstimate they're approximately 8 mm in diameter). For the love of all that's colorful, Bobbi, this isn't $70 worth of eye shadow! That being said (and that being true!), these are totally cute and totally fun. Anyone who doesn't have anything better to spend $70 on should get this. Bright, pretty mattes are hard to find...but I'm sending this back and buying a new hot water heater this month instead.

on 3/25/2009 2:05:00 PM

I just got this item in the mail and while I was waiting for it, I kept thinking I will probably take this back bc who needs 35 colors. Well, now that it's here there is no doubt in my mind that I'll be keeping this for a long time. 35 colors are great to have when they are packed neatly into one compact. The colors I have swatched and tried on are AMAZINGLY pigmented. I only poked at 5 or 6 but they have convinced me to keep the palette. The colors are true to what they look like in the pan, they apply like a dream, are not scatchy or chalky at all, and there are so many of them! The pans are small, like sample sizes, but that's how I like them. I've never come close to finishing a shadow in my life. Brights are fun but I'll be graduating law school soon and I won't be able to do bright honking eyes most of the time. This is perfect for the occasional bright eye, or to add a dab of color on the outer corners or near the lashes. I also like the option of a light wash of faint color that this can do, unlike some way-too-pigmented shadows I've owned. Furthermore, the small pans will still last a very long time. I barely dab my brush in the shadow and I pick up ALOT of color. The surface still looks untouched.

The compact is also gorgeous. Hard black plastic with a heavy duty hinge, and it folds up into almost the palm of my hand. I love downsizing so this is going to replace alot of loose MAC pans I have. I love to travel, so it's so handy to have an all-in-one. The shadows are matte, but HELLO, you can just ADD SHIMMER! I have a very light sandy colored shadow from Clinique that I can just sweep over my eye and voila! Instant shimmerwash. It's so much easier to add shimmer than to take it away. This truly does it all.

Oh, did I mention I got this during BB's 25% off? Yeah - worth it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've actually bought a backup of this. Yes I am crazy!

This BB palette is fantastic for those that want a great eye shadow palette with lots of great bright colours. I normally wear neutrals or do a smokey eye to go out... so this is great to add heaps of possibilities all in shot. Yes, I could go out and buy one of those big palettes like CS, but I like the fact that these are (1) BB so I know the quality is there, (2) it's a smaller serving of pans so I hope I will get to the bottom (those huge ones would probably get tossed before ever finishing it it) and (3)it's so portable, so when you do a coloured eye you can touch it up during the day or night.

So far the blending has been great, I have been using a primer and patting the colour on, then blending it. And because these are BRIGHT, I am not using too much each time.

The down side is it is expensive. But if you are looking for high quality (matte) shadows that is super portable, you need this.

I know that this particular palette comes in for some very mixed views and I have to admit I did hesitate, a lot, before buying. I am someone who has stayed safe with neutral eye make-up for far too long and lately I have fancied brightening up my look and these have proven perfect and its great picking a different colour to wear each day depending on how I feel or what I'm wearing!

What worried me was the apparent selection of bright colours but I have to say they are definitely not quite as they seem. Yes, they are very bright in the palette, but I am finding that once applied, they can be layered to your preferred depth depending on how bold you are feeling or what you are wearing etc!

I know also a lot of people feel that the pans themselves are very small and I would agree. However, I really don't think it would be practical to have these in a larger size because they are kind of "of the moment" colours if you like - you will find yourself flitting from one colour to the next (or at least that's what I'm finding I do!) and, by the time you even get close to reaching the ends of these colours, you would have long since moved on to some new kid on the block.

on 3/1/2009 4:48:00 PM

I'm liking some BB these days. This palette is great. I like brighter shadows, as neutrals tend to just blend together on my LLL-MMM golden olive skin. I also go for bright colors that I can mute rather than vice-versa. Most of the colors show up well. The ones that don't make a great base. Great for washes of color, but can definitely be layered for a circus look! I love to use them to accent drab browns, purples, grays, and blacks, or, to add color to the countless number of insipid shimmery, beige shadows that look the same of me. Wonderfully portable. I like the small size of each shadow pan. I won't give it a four because this is worth no more than $50, not $70. Would repurchase if BB lowered the price.

on 1/9/2009 3:53:00 PM

While I didn't purchase this I did play around with it while purchasing a pot rouge. This just smacks of Coastal Scents palettes to me. I think for anyone intrigued by bright colours the 88 pans from CS for less than a quarter of the price are a far better value!

on 1/10/2009 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Spring is all about color - riots of joyful, bright shades brimming with promise. The colors are fresh, new, exuberant, and so are the shades in Bobbi Brown's Brights Palette.
Bobbi has designed a Collector's Edition palette bursting with 35 heavenly hues, matte eye shadows to be worn wherever and whenever you please. It's all about adding a certain flare, a playful zest to your look with shades ranging from pinks to purples, blues to greens, all exclusive to this palette.
I'm loving Buttercup, a warm hint of sun for day and Mulberry, a deep shade of evening is my nighttime special. Samba, a bit of pomegranate, makes me smile as does Watermelon, a delicious pink.
Thirty-five shades - more than one for every day of the month - color me very pleased with Bobbi's Brights Collection!

This cost 70 bucks. Yep. I love it tho! It's a one time deal because the colors are so bold you will only need to buy one palette like this and Bobbi Brown stuff lasts a long time. Just know that these colors are very matte. It is very long lasting. This is a lot of fun. I love it.