Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo

3.8

Ingredients (* is Organic): Water, *Tea Tree Oil, *Peppermint Oil, *Eucalyptus Oil, *Rosemary Oil, *Nettle Oil, *Thyme Oil, Birch Leaf Oil, *Chamomile, *Clary, *Lavender, *Coltsfoot Leaf, *Yarrow Oil, *Mallow, *Horsetail Oil, *Soybean Protein, Coconut Derivatives (C12-14 Olefin Sulfonate), Vitamin E, Trace Minerals, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxymethlglcinate, Sea Salt, Grapefruit Seed.

on 3/20/2018 10:27:00 PM

I love tea tree oil, so I really wanted to love this shampoo. My scalp also gets irritated with too much SLS, so this looked great! However, it just did nothing for my straight, long hair that tends to be on the oily side. My hair didn't feel less oily and yet it felt ridiculously dry and tangled. I had MUCH better results with the "Yes To" tea tree oil line, although they are more expensive at about $8 for a medium size bottle.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This shampoo and the matching conditioner saved my scalp! I have issues with eczema on various parts of my body, including my scalp.
My hair is very fine in texture but thick in quantity, and shoulder length with a very slight wave. I wash and condition every other day. The only styling product I use is sea salt spray for texture and I blow dry each time. I occasionally use temporary natural henna dye, but never anything chemical or permanent. Both hair and scalp tend to be a little dry.
This shampoo gently cleanses my hair and scalp. The minty tingle is mild and refreshing. It doesn't leave my hair stripped, but I always follow with the matching conditioner to help with tangles.
Using this pair leaves my hair light and smooth with body and shine, never weighed down or dry, just nicely balanced. And my scalp is very calm & happy, all eczema & irritation has cleared!
Most shampoos and conditioners have irritated my scalp eczema over the years. I have tried many dandruff shampoos with no success. This pair is the only thing that has cleared my scalp. I’ve been using for about a year.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Oh, this stuff is awful! It is so drying and my naturally dry hair just couldn't take it. It's too much. I really wanted to like this product because I've heard so many good things about it, especially from those within the natural hair community. However, my hair is not a fan.

on 2/11/2018 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

For reference: I have incredibly thin, low porosity hair with type 2C-3A curls. My hair gets greasy/weighed down really easily, and my scalp is on the dry/flaky side.

This is my holy grail shampoo. Even after trying $30+ options, this one is the best for my hair. It is sulfate and silicone free, so it keeps my curls healthy and happy. It is also incredibly lightweight. I've used a bunch of "no-poo" options from brands like DevaCurl, but they are always too heavy and make my hair look greasy. This does a great job of gently cleaning my scalp without leaving any heavy residue or excess moisture, leaving my curls light and bouncy. It doesn't ever strip my scalp or make it feel tight/dry. I can get dandruff when a shampoo is too harsh and drying, and that doesn't happen with this one.

If you have thicker hair/tighter curls, this will probably won't provide enough moisture for your hair, and if you have straight hair this will probably just be a standard shampoo. But if your hair type matches mine, or if you're just looking for a cheap sulfate free option that actually gets your hair feeling clean, this is an awesome product.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is just a shampoo. Wasn't noticeably good or bad. If you're just looking for something cheap and cruelty free, this is a good option! If you want to be wowed at all (as much as a shampoo could possibly "wow" someone) then this isn't for you.

on 2/21/2017 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

love the scent and doesn't leave my hair dry like other shampoos do.Also doesn't foam too much.

But losing a lot of hair from roots(know there will be some loss of hair naturally,but this is beyond far compared to other shampoos).using it for the past 3 weeks and this is the only new product in my hair care routine.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was wary to use an oil-based shampoo on my hair, but I prefer this to the hydrating products that TJ's sells. I was very surprised that it kept the oil at bay and kept my scalp healthy. It's my HG shampoo, but it's hard to come by unless you live near a TJ's.

on 3/8/2016 7:55:00 PM

This shampoo isn't bad but it did not make a big difference in my hair. I have oily hair and this did not do much to take care of it. Just beware that if this shampoo gets in your eye, it will be one of the least pleasant experiences you'll have. It burned nonstop for 5 minutes.

on 12/24/2015 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Horrible, drying shampoo

Yikes, I DID NOT like this shampoo. The ingredients and price are great, but I would still never repurchase. I have a bit below shoulder length hair and tend to have a somewhat oily scalp and dry ends. I have a lot of trouble with dandruff so I thought this product would be great due to the tea tree oil. When I went to wash my hair, it was like I couldn't disburse it through my hair, it just sat on top and matted everything down. No matter now much I scrubbed I couldn't feel any oil being removed from my hair. I still washed and used the conditioner (which has almost the same ingredients, I found it to be very drying and not moisturizing) and then blow-dried my hair. My hair felt very waxy and my scalp was freaking out, it woke my dandruff up more than ever. Really terrible results. I would like to add that I have very hard water and I think if this product were to work, you would need soft water. But if you have hard, I would reconsider purchasing this! I was hoping it would be the answer to my complicated scalp but I guess I will keep looking :(

Popular Shampoos