Pacifica Mexican Cocoa Spray Perfume

Filtered by skin tone : Other

3.0

At first this smells like rootbeer and then I get a little bit of chocolate but I smell more spice (clove, nutmeg, cinnamon) than cocoa. To me it is missing something. When layered with a sweet vanilla, this is really nice - gives a sweet vanilla an extra kick. I might purchase a full bottle.

I should also mention that the dry down is very similar to the discontinued BCBG sexy.

The Mexican Cocoa solid perfume must be very very different from the spray. The solid doesnt smell like spiced cocoa. It doesnt smell like chocolate of ANY kind. Its VERY heavy with clove--even though the product isnt described this way. And theres nothing Mexican about it.

The dominant smells in this are clove and almond and, I think, cinnamon. Theres also something slightly woody in there--which may be the nutmeg. Its hard to tell. I generally like spices, but I dont like this Mexican Cocoa solid at all.

This is not a pleasant smell. You might not be able to repel any humans with this, but it might work as an emergency insect repellent.

Truly I cant imagine a man or woman wanting to smell this. Its harsh and antiseptic and catches in your throat like some kind of cleaning fluid. Its just........yuck. I have nothing good to say.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This fragrance captures dry, dark cocoa. The dryness makes it pretty unique. There is spice in it, but not overwhelmingly so. It is not very sweet at all. I think this would be great in the heat when other gourmands might be too much. I was going to give it a "3", but that dryness and the price raise it to a "4". Notes (from The Perfumed Court): Mexican chocolate, bitter almond, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla

This is the perfume version of the Pacifica candle in Mexican Cocoa. It's described as chocolate with cinnamon and almond. To my nose I don't really get a lot of chocolate or cocoa, just a very sweet almondy fragrance with a hint of spice. I actually wish that this had a bit more chocolate to balance out the almond sweetness. It's a great purchase for $20 and you can layer it with the Mexican Cocoa body butter. Now if they would just bring back Indian Chai and the Zen Green Tea fragrances and make those into perfumes and body butters, my life would be complete.

Popular Fragrances