Pacifica Mexican Cocoa Spray Perfume

3.2

This is a spicy warm scent that has very good lasting power compared to the other pacifica scents that i own. I like it a lot and enjoy wearing it

I love pretty much all of the Pacifica fragrances I have and this is no exception. Its delish! Now, I will say that I detect very little 'cocoa' and get more almond and cinnamon but it's still really yummy and wearable. I even put it on before bed and love to smell it as I fall asleep. Love Pacifica! Great product, great scent, great company.

I don't understand the negative reviews for this at all! I LOVE this scent. I have the spray perfume, I tested the solid in Whole Foods and couldn't smell it on me at all, so I went with the spray. I actually tested the spray about a year ago and couldn't stop thinking about it, and finally got my own bottle. There is something so unique about this scent--I have truly never smelled another perfume like this, ever. It's sweet and spicy, perfect for a Southern California winter day or evening--it's exactly the cozy scent I want when there is a chilly wind blowing and the fog is rolling in, also perfect for days and nights in the mountains and snow!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my signature fragrance. It's so sexy, warm, and inviting. Although Pacifica's products aren't cheap, they're all natural and safe to use.

this is a unique and soft scent. I think it would be great on the winter.

I love this fragrance! It is made with essential oils and organic alcohol. It is important to me that I keep synthetic fragrances AWAY! Some of of the main notes in the fragrance are cinnamon and clove. I used to smoke clove cigarettes during my rebel, so this is a very nostalgic scent.

I love how unique this fragrance is. I also love that the smell of the alcohol is not very present. So many commercial perfumes reek of alcohol!

If you are searching for a warm, spicy, and completely feminine signature scent, then look no further!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'll give my usual speech when reviewing fragrances: I don't believe that I should review this product based on fragrance- I think scent is a personal preference and wouldn't recommend/not recommend a product due to scent.

That being said, I don't particularly love this fragrance. It's quite spicy at first but I think it dries down into a nicer chocolate-y scent; for those who like a warm and spicy scent, as another reviewer said, this will be good for you. c: I generally spray it into my hair after showering and would recommend it for wearing in the fall. As for staying power, I'd say a few hours as long as you apply correctly, as with most Pacifica fragrances.

As usual, I feel inclined to give Pacifica a great review, and will give this some leeway considering it's not my go-to fragrance- I know it very well could work for others.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This fragrance captures dry, dark cocoa. The dryness makes it pretty unique. There is spice in it, but not overwhelmingly so. It is not very sweet at all. I think this would be great in the heat when other gourmands might be too much. I was going to give it a "3", but that dryness and the price raise it to a "4". Notes (from The Perfumed Court): Mexican chocolate, bitter almond, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla

This is the perfume version of the Pacifica candle in Mexican Cocoa. It's described as chocolate with cinnamon and almond. To my nose I don't really get a lot of chocolate or cocoa, just a very sweet almondy fragrance with a hint of spice. I actually wish that this had a bit more chocolate to balance out the almond sweetness. It's a great purchase for $20 and you can layer it with the Mexican Cocoa body butter. Now if they would just bring back Indian Chai and the Zen Green Tea fragrances and make those into perfumes and body butters, my life would be complete.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I you enjoy spicy/warm scents, then I'd say there is a good chance that you will like this one. I was fully expecting a foody and sickly-sweet chocolate scent when I spritzed this on, and was pleasantly surprised when this was not the case. It is not sugary, there is a nice warmness that dominates through, and the chocolate almost fades completely into the background. I find it really comforting and lovely, but it is difficult to describe unless you smell it yourself. What has always kept me away from most chocolate scents is the tendency for these types of scents to smell almost "dusty", but this does not happen with this perfume.
So why the comparatively low rating? The lasting power of all the Pacifica sprays I have tried is all of half an hour, which is devastating to no end. I understand that natural perfumes will not have the lasting power of traditional ones with all of their stabilizers, but these fade into oblivion on me almost upon the first spritz. Maybe I'll try a layering approach, but I'm not ready to give up on this yet.

Popular Fragrances