Pacifica Mexican Cocoa Spray Perfume

3.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Im sorry in advance for what I am about to say...There is no nice way to put it, this fragrance may be the most offensive smell I have ever experiences, next to maybe low tide or rotten food that you didnt realize was in the back of the office refrigerator for 3 weeks. And I dont mean bad in that I simply thought it was too "sugary" or too "flowery" I mean this is a scrubber - and I have only felt that way about 1 other perfume in my entire life. Perhaps its the clove and cinnamon that lingered too long on my skin, but I usually go for foody, gourmand scents (hence why I sprayed it in the first place). Something in my chemistry ate up all the cocoa goodness and left the nasty on my skin. Pleaaassseee try this on before buying as it smells nice from the bottle and wore very differently on my skin.

For reference, frags I enjoy include: lolita lempicka, BBW vanilla sugar, coco mlle, just cavalli, gucci rush, VS coconut

I didn't care for it, but then it was spring and cold. Though this fragrance would suit a cold environment or fall/winter. It was too sweet/ spicy for my taste at the time. Perhaps I'll try agsin in winter,when I'm craving a spiced cocoa. This reds on my skin as light spice and very little cocoa.

The Mexican Cocoa solid perfume must be very very different from the spray. The solid doesnt smell like spiced cocoa. It doesnt smell like chocolate of ANY kind. Its VERY heavy with clove--even though the product isnt described this way. And theres nothing Mexican about it.

The dominant smells in this are clove and almond and, I think, cinnamon. Theres also something slightly woody in there--which may be the nutmeg. Its hard to tell. I generally like spices, but I dont like this Mexican Cocoa solid at all.

This is not a pleasant smell. You might not be able to repel any humans with this, but it might work as an emergency insect repellent.

Truly I cant imagine a man or woman wanting to smell this. Its harsh and antiseptic and catches in your throat like some kind of cleaning fluid. Its just........yuck. I have nothing good to say.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This stuff smells nice when you first spray. Spicy warm chocolate type scent. The dry down is not that great. To me it just turns into a loud cola smell. I gave it to my fiancÚ. He likes it when he layers it with his sweeter colognes. Idk. It's ok....nothing special. I'm done with Pacifica, everything has been a miss.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted this to work for me... i was so excited when i finally got it. then i smelled it... the good news is that it does last for quite a while... the bad news is i dont like the smell! to me it is straight up rootbeer. a very strong cinamon blast opens the scent, then it goes to rootbeer. oh well. ya win some ya loose some! this one will most def be going up for swap!

I tried the solid fragrance, not the spray perfume. But I agree with the reviewers that say there is not much chocolate smell here...if you are looking for a warm gourmand chocolate fragrance...this isn't it. It mainly smells of cloves, and I really don't like cloves :-/

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I you enjoy spicy/warm scents, then I'd say there is a good chance that you will like this one. I was fully expecting a foody and sickly-sweet chocolate scent when I spritzed this on, and was pleasantly surprised when this was not the case. It is not sugary, there is a nice warmness that dominates through, and the chocolate almost fades completely into the background. I find it really comforting and lovely, but it is difficult to describe unless you smell it yourself. What has always kept me away from most chocolate scents is the tendency for these types of scents to smell almost "dusty", but this does not happen with this perfume.
So why the comparatively low rating? The lasting power of all the Pacifica sprays I have tried is all of half an hour, which is devastating to no end. I understand that natural perfumes will not have the lasting power of traditional ones with all of their stabilizers, but these fade into oblivion on me almost upon the first spritz. Maybe I'll try a layering approach, but I'm not ready to give up on this yet.

At first this smells like rootbeer and then I get a little bit of chocolate but I smell more spice (clove, nutmeg, cinnamon) than cocoa. To me it is missing something. When layered with a sweet vanilla, this is really nice - gives a sweet vanilla an extra kick. I might purchase a full bottle.

I should also mention that the dry down is very similar to the discontinued BCBG sexy.

this is a unique and soft scent. I think it would be great on the winter.

I love this fragrance! It is made with essential oils and organic alcohol. It is important to me that I keep synthetic fragrances AWAY! Some of of the main notes in the fragrance are cinnamon and clove. I used to smoke clove cigarettes during my rebel, so this is a very nostalgic scent.

I love how unique this fragrance is. I also love that the smell of the alcohol is not very present. So many commercial perfumes reek of alcohol!

If you are searching for a warm, spicy, and completely feminine signature scent, then look no further!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!