Laura Geller Real Deal Full Coverage Cream Concealer

Laura Geller Real Deal Full Coverage Cream Concealer

All shades may contain:Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Isohexadecane, Diisopropyl Adipate, Calcium Carbonate, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Beeswax, Dextrin Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Bisabolol, Centella Asiatica Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ultramarines.

on 12/31/2016 12:05:00 PM

Looks okay, but doesn't stay on and doesn't seem to "set" enough for it to help my eye makeup stay on.

on 10/11/2016 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Pros: Decent coverage

Cons:

This stuff creases in seconds! It gathered in lines I didn't even know I had.
Drying - made my undereye area feel really uncomfortable.
At the same time it feels very 'slippery' and likes moving around - which it does immediately after application...
Very yellow undertone across all shades - this isn't personally a con for me (because I'm olive) but majority of my friends wouldn't a find shade for them in the range
This one is very personal but I don't like the packaging - you need a brush to apply it which makes the application a bit fussy (not for busy mornings)

I feel like a bad person now because I've completely slammed this concealer, but be warned, this is not something you want to put on your undereye area.

on 9/23/2016 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I must have been sleeping in this one.one of the best concealers.full proof cover up,hides blemishes and a must have.only con is that it dries up fast so you have to work in it pretty fast! For Mac reference nc44 the shade med deep is good match

on 7/21/2016 9:42:00 AM

After seeing it in QVC I bought it and I am absolutely disappointed. It creases in seconds, I have tried with and without applying different powders, using fingers, using blenders and brushes with no success. I´m starting to think the product shown on TV is different than the one sold in shops .. .I don´t have many wrinkles around my eyes but when I use this concealer I look 100 years old !!!

My favorite concealer! I have acne and this easily covers blemishes and scars. It is super pigmented and lasts me months.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have serious dark under eye circles and eye lid discoloration. I have tried low end high end concealers . Some did nothing while others were too heavy or thick. I tried this when ULTA had a coupon sale. This had enough pigment in the formula without being too heavy and the medium was just right for skin tone. In fact, once I corrected my eye problems, I really didn't even need foundation, and mind you, I am 60+. I was able to use a medium coverage foundation such as the Buxom. I am on my second tube and this will be my mainstay concealer. When I got to the bottom of the first tube, I cut it with scissors and dug out the rest so that I did not waste a drop.

Great coverage. A little goes a long way. Can't speak for the lighter or darker, but a strong orange tone in the medium color.

I like this product. A lot of concealers tend to not match me very well (they turn orange later in the day), they don't cover my under eye circles or pimples very well, and/or they are too drying and cake up very easily/don't blend. This is perfect. It IS very heavy, so you don't need a lot and it takes a lot of blending because it is so heavy. However, it covers a lot of my breakouts and scarring on my cheeks and it's super moisturizing. I'm very fair skinned and it surprisingly matches me perfectly and doesn't oxidize. I would definitely buy again. A little goes a long way.

on 9/30/2015 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this concealer, I ve tried a lot of them and this one is my favorite (with Mac Pro Longwear).
This concealer is really concentrated. You only need a pea size to cover both under eyes. Is really concentrated but the feeling is not too heavy if you don t use too much and blend well, it s really natural & easy to use. It does conceal really well my undereyes circles (even without corrector).
It creases just a bit, nothing dramatic (so need to be set with a finishing powder).
Texture : really thick, you can t shake the product in the tube. It s like a thick paste, but it spreads easily on the skin.
The only downside it that it fades it bit during the day. So you may need to reapply it during the day.
Some compare it to MUFE full coverage. In terms of coverage there are similar, as opaque. But I prefer the texture of Laura Geller, it s less sticky, creamier than MUFE. But MUFE stays longer (really waterproof).
Color range : for reference, I’m an NC43,5 in Mac foundation or Nars Syracuse. And I use LG in Med/deep which is just PERFECT. It s tone to tone for me, no highligter effet & has a yellow undertone. Usually, I have to use an orange corrector underneath yellow concealer but no need with this one. Maybe because it s so opaque?
I think it could suit NC42 to NC45 girls (and even a bit darker if use to highlight)

on 7/13/2015 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am in love with this product, the Laura Geller "real deal" concealer. An Ulta MUA applied it for me last week, and the result was thrilling. I have Rosacea and like to try different products to conceal redness (and texture). A tiny amount of this pigmented concealer goes a long way. And it can be layered if you feel you need to add a bit more.

I've used it over my Rosacea patches but have not tried it over wrinkly bits. I tried what I had left over on my eyelids, and that was a fail; it creased.

pro's:
extremely pigmented, great coverage
smooth coverage
long-wearing (coverage stays in place, but does not prevent oily break through)

con's
a little on the pricey side, about $22?

Update: I find I hardly ever reach for this product. It's paler than my skin, which normally I like. But this summer I've been more in the mood to match my skin. I've just repurchased IT Cosmetics Bye-Bye Redness concealer.