Phyto phytodensium

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Phyto phytodensium
phytodensium

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I USED to love this shampoo. For awhile, I couldn't find it anywhere. Then, it was available again, in different packaging and it's...you guessed it...REFORMULATED. It's gone frtom awesome to meh. Used to leave my hair bouncy, now leaves my hair kind of heavy and dull. Texture of shampoo is heavy gel-like and can hardly get it out of bottle. Am now going to have to look for new shampoo brand. Other phyto products also reformulated, also not nearly as good. Just whenI was really getting into the Phyto line. Most of the reviews posted are for the pre-reformulated products...so hard to follow their recommmendations. I bought the reformulated phytodensium in 10/2013. Makes me very angry,, because phyto was so good. Phyto 7 is still good, however.

on 1/16/2013 7:17:00 PM

WOW!! This is now my HG shampoo. I have fine hair and whenever the product label said "leaves your hair soft and managable" I stayed away. Does NOT leave your hair lifeless and flat. My hair is soft, but with so much volume I can't believe it and doesn't dry out my scalp. I will definately repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've been a huge fan of Phyto for years now and with a few exceptions, they're all I use. This shampoo, like all their products, is miles ahead anything else I've ever used. I've been trained by the Phyto representatives (around the Chicago area) on how to use their products, and since the instructions on their packaging don't match up to the reps', I figured I'd share them. I will also say that I've tried the shampoo and mask the reps' way, and the packaging's way, and the former works WAY better!
Phyto looks at your hair the same way that most people look at their skin. Therefore, they keep the same steps in their recommended regime. Cleanse once to get the grime off, cleanse twice to tone and prep for moisture, moisturize, and protect. Shampooing your hair twice takes care of the first 2 steps. With the first cleanse, you leave the shampoo in for about 30 seconds to 1 minute (I wash my face while I wait) then rinse with warm water. It will not foam, and your hair will feel clean. Leave the second shampoo in for about 1-2 minutes (I wash my body while I wait) rinse with warm water. This will foam and your hair will probably feel like straw. This is what you want because it means that the cuticle is completely open, so your mask will penetrate well. Then I follow up with conditioner (I shave, scrub my feet, and apply my KP treatment while I wait for that), then rinse with warm water, then cool water to close the cuticle. It works great. My hair is full, healthy, and shiny, but still feels and looks like hair. Not slimy silk (I HATE that look and feel). I usually throw some Phyto 7 or Phytodensium Serum on after my hair dries a bit as a leave in treatment, but sometimes I don't even do that and my hair is still radiant. The Phyto reps have this little machine that's basically a microscope camera that's the size of a pen, so you can see your hair and scalp up close and see what you're hair looks like. Before Phyto, I had build up, split hairs at the roots, and gunk on my scalp. After 6 months, I was clean as a whistle and the reps actually used me as a model to show customers what clean hair should look like (one of my proudest hair moments). I don't know if it's the exceptional cleanliness of my hair, or the product itself, but my hair is fuller and stronger that it has been since I was a teenager. Even my SO noticed a difference. Phyto has definitely changed my hair and I owe a huge part of that to this shampoo. While I still sometimes use the Phytojoba, Phytocycane, and Phytorhum shampoos, this has the best smell and feel to it. It gives almost a satin finish to the hair instead of too shiny or matte, and the smell is like clean water. I can't even describe my satisfaction with this. Gone through 4 bottles and plan on going through a lot more. Thanks Phyto!
One extra note. I love that the packaging is recyclable, but I hate that you don't have the greatest control over the amount that comes out. I invested a whooping $2 in a small glass pump bottle that I use to store my shampoo in so that it's easier to manage. Great solution for those who aren't too keen on the bottle.

on 11/27/2008 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Pros: My hair indeed felt like broom after I washed off the shampoo and even after conditioner. But once my hair dried, felt great. The strands appeared to be healthier, like they have a light coating outside, shining (more than light beer could do). Somehow the split ends seem less visible too. All in all, I will buy it again.
Cons: the bottle and the price. As many other shampoo from Phyto, this has no pumping or valve. It is really inconvenient when you have to twist the cap with hands full of shampoo, under the shower. There is also high chance of over pouring. Why on earth didnt they change the packaging for the price they charge, I wonder?

(I have fine hair, normal cond. scalp. I use this shampoo once/ 2 weeks.)

Cheers