Dr. Bronner's rose liquid castille soap

Dr. Bronner's rose liquid castille soap

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Organic Coconut Oil*, Potassium Hydroxide**, Organic Olive Oil*, Natural Rose Fragrance, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Citric Acid, Tocopherol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this soap! I put a little on a washcloth and it suds up well and gets me clean and fresh. I also use it for my baths, a little goes a long way. I do enjoy the writing on the bottle, I don't think it's crazy or weird at all, it's pretty cool actually. The ingredients are amazing, non toxic and safe. Please remember, this is a true soap, not a detergent, and a tiny bit goes a long way.

Also, this is Dita Von Teese's favorite, I found out from her book "Your Beauty Mark"

I have heard so much about the dr bronners line of soaps all over YouTube and from friends. I've never used this on my face ever I'd like to think that this really would dry my already dry face out more and from the reviews it looks like it's a good thing I haven't used it on my face. Some one recommend the tea tree soap to was my brushes with but I couldn't find it so I picked up the rose and almond scented ones and I love the rose (I'm a huge rose fan). I think that for brushes it does a fantastic job in deep cleaning it really gets I there and pulls all the gunk out of the inside of the brushes. I do recommend this as an awesome brush cleaner I no longer have to "waste" money on the beauty blender soap and liquid that thing just ran out so fast! This you only need a little bit an it lathers so well and lasts a long time!

The soap is extremely harsh , good for general household cleaning not on body God forbid face

on 10/8/2014 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this soap, i love the rosy fragrance and the way it foams to a nice lather. It lasts a long time as you only need a few drops AND it's made from basic ingredients. Will buy again and again.

on 6/14/2014 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought a 2 oz bottle of the Rose Scented Liquid Soap at my local health food store for about $2.00 dollars. I love the natural rose scent. It's not a strong aroma, but smells more like real roses from your garden. I think if people are getting too strong an aroma from this it's because they're using too much. Dr. Bronner's Liquid Soap's are all very concentrated. I use this as a hand wash, and it literally takes five drops to get the job done. Previously, I had always bought the lavender scented soap, which I still love. However, I'll definately buy this rose scented soap again.

on 11/10/2013 10:06:00 AM

I was so excited to find Dr. Bronner's in my country. Having used the peppermint one before in the US, I thought I'll try something different. So I grabbed the Rose one. Maybe it's just me, but the "rose" scent smells a bit like rotten vegetables? That said, I like how clean I feel each time I use this. Won't get the rose one again but I'll definitely try the other scents.

on 12/26/2012 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this as a body wash. You only need to use a little and you get a lot of suds without your skin being dried out. The rose smell is subtle and lovely. It is really cheap and you can choose between a few different sized containers. The only downside is having to choose between the different scents!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really like how this cleans. It's excellent for makeup brushes. I also like it as a body wash. My only complaint is that it doesn't really smell that much like roses. It's not an unpleasnt smell, but still not really rose like. I will try this in other scents.

I purchased the large bottle at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $9.99. I mainly got this to wash my makeup brushes. I have tried the small sized lavender scent before, so I thought I'd try a different scent. The scent is not like luxurious roses, it's smells like roses and plastic mixed together....What I love this for~
1. Getting makeup brushes clean- works on Sigma F80 and other hard to clean brushes- also great for cleaning the beauty blender sponge.
2. Washing my face- I have oily skin and this cleans it very well- almost to the point of stripping it- yet my skin isn't dry or tight feeling after I use it.
3. Works great for getting self tanner off your hands. I dislike using gloves, so this does the trick.
What I won't use it for is hair or body washing... I used it on my hair, which I though would be good for clarifying---when I rinsed my hair felt horrible and had a very bad texture- just like when you've bleached the heck out of it- it just felt---bad---. So I then washed it again with a regular shampoo, and it was ok. I don't know, but using this on your hair seems to suck all of the moisture out of it.
I would not use it to clean your body- I happened to use it one time in the bath, and when I got out my private part was burning-- burning like I had a UTI... I don't know if it was the soap or just the fragarance. I continued to burn for a few hours, but then it went away- thank God!! I won't chance it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I initially bought this as a 2 oz travel size and I'm glad I didn't buy the big bottle right away. The scent reminds me too much of my great-grandmother (in an old lady kind of way). I am giving it 5 lippies anyway even though I will buy other scents in the future.
Nevertheless, this makes a fantastic face and body wash. Dilute it and put it in a foaming soap dispenser for best results. I've also used this for dishes and laundry. It's great to be able to minimize the number of cleaning products to just one bottle. My favorite thing about this soap, however, is the fact that it's eco-friendly, vegan, Fair Trade, and made with natural ingredients. It's a feel good product that I just love!!