Sukin Cream Cleanser

Sukin Cream Cleanser
Cream Cleanser

4.1

Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (Rose Hip), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Equisetum Arvense Extract (Horsetail), Arctium Lappa Root Extract (Burdock), Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Vanillin, Vanilla Planifolia Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene*, Linalool*. * Natural component of essential oils.

on 3/12/2018 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

I have been using this off and on for awhile now. And really I can’t think of any negatives (apart from the fact that I like trying different products). Love the citrusy scent, it cleans up my eye makeup, hasn’t caused any skin issues, good price. So will continue to be a repeat buy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

A surprise favourite, bought by accident - I broke my tube of a foaming cleanser and I thought I should get something in a more comfortable packaging = a pump. This was very good price and the packaging was right for my needs so off I popped it in my Boots basket.

The bottle is TINY, the product is only 125 ml. It is a white cream, not too thick but not too runny either. It smells like an orange desert and when you read the ingredients list the fragrance indeed comes from orange peel oil and vanilla. It reminds me a lot my favourite body balm from Aesop.

I only use it as my morning cleanser and I'll use only one pump. This way it should be more economic thought the content of the bottle goes down really fast. I usually wash it off with just water - it is really nice that it rinses off clean and does not leave any residue but skin does not feel stripped afterwards. Sometimes when I feel like my skin needs a little more gentle treatment I'll use a washcloth with it and use it as a second cleanse in the evening too. For cold, windy winter and for my parched skin it is a very pleasant product to use. Additional surprise was that it really cleanses the pores on my nose.

Why will I not buy it again? Mainly because this bottle with a regular use twice a day would last me 3 weeks max (last tube of a Clinique face wash I had for a YEAR!) and I sadly cannot recycle it in Scotland. I'm planning to pour my usual face cleanser (foaming one) and prolong its usability that way. Sukin should really pack the products in glass bottles if they want to be that good for the planet. I would honestly not mind paying more as otherwise it is a really great product for a winter, dehydrated skin.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I've been using this for a few months and I love it! It cleans very well but doesn't sting during use or leave my skin feeling super dry. I get pretty congested pores (not pimples, just oil pockets and blackheads) but this is clearing up my skin quite nicely, too. Very pleased overall and would recommend it to anyone.

on 1/22/2017 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've gone through two bottles of this and can say it is a gentle cleanser that does get makeup off. When I wear heavier makeup I use an oil cleanser before hand and then this. It is pleasant and smells lovely. Only gripes are I find it hard to get the last bit of product out with this packaging and the pump usually dispenses too much so I only need half of a pump to clean my face. Getting the last bit can be a bit frustrating.

on 9/24/2016 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've used this for years. Every so often I stray from it but I always end up coming back. Everything about it is perfect. The smell is light and citrusy and doesn't linger. It is affordable, which is a big deal for me because I go through cleansers very quickly. I use one full pump of this morning and night, and each bottle lasts me about two months. The consistency is rich and creamy and feels wonderful when I massage it all over my face. You can use it with a wash cloth or just rinse it off with water, this cleanser doesn't leave any kind of sticky/pore-clogging residue behind either way.

That having being said, do note that my skin type is dry, and foaming cleansers make my skin feel stripped and uncomfortably tight post-wash, so girls with oily or combination skin types may prefer something more heavy duty instead.

on 9/4/2016 9:44:00 AM

This is my favourite cleanser. It disolves makeup effortlessly and leave my skin clean, moisturized and completely clear. I feel like my skin hasn't been this happy since before I hit puberty 20 years ago. Whatsmore, its organic and incredibly affordable.

on 9/1/2016 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this product thinking it would be great for my dry, acne prone skin, but no! It clogged up my pores being a thick cream consistency and left a heavy feeling on my face after using it. I have the exfoliating scrub which is great, so a bit disappointed in this one.

on 7/17/2016 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My go to cleanser. Bought this on a whim because I was sick of wasting money on high end brands.

It's gentle, soft and nourishing. A slight citrus scent that is refreshing. I use this once a day in the shower and follow with toner and moisturiser. Although I'm not that susceptible to breakouts, oil or redness I still have slight uneven tones and some acne scarring I like to keep at bay and this has helped dramatically.

on 1/28/2016 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I have been using shisheido benefiance cream cleanser for many years. Unfortunately it seems that it is discontinued. Such a pity because it was wonderfully soothing and gentle as well as keeping my skin looking great.

I have been trying to find a good replacement so I bought the Sukin cream cleanser to try. It is gentle, much more affordable but it smells like caramel. Why on earth would you do that? Honestly smells like something you would put on a 4 year old.

I will probably have to buy this again unless I can find another cleanser that checks all the boxes my shisheido benefiance did.

on 8/16/2015 12:54:00 PM

Summary: very gentle, smells lovely, not quite good enough for my skin type though.

CONS:

1. I want to feel a little bit of "grit" when I wash my face - cream is so smooth I feel like my pores haven't been cleaned properly
2. Not sure it really DOES clean my pores properly - if I use this without something after I have blocked pores in the morning
3. Not convinced by its claims about makeup - when I use it as remover it just melts everything into a weird paste, and seeing as it's cream rather than "grit" the make up feels like it's still partly there after rinsing

PROS:

1. It is very gentle and I have sensitive skin
2. It feels lovely - massaging that thick cream on is just so nice!
3. Packaging is perfect - I can use the pump in the shower if I want to