Bobbi Brown Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

Bobbi Brown Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.7

on 5/8/2009 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Copper Diamond is my 2nd Shimmerbrick. the first being the original Bronze one.

This one builds like the Bronze with a different color strips:
champagne, dark gold, warm light copper, bronze (same color strip as the 3rd one down from the top in the original Bronze shimmerbrick), and light warm gold.

All in all, good for when I want a candle-glowy hue as opposed to color - which I want when I'm doing a smoky eye. I also combine over my regular blush for a warm glow.

This is one of those things where I can layer it over my Bronzer or Bronze Shimmerbrick when I want to lower the color volume and not sacrifice glow. Previous to this purchase, I was using powder foundation to tone down the color but I ended up looking too dusty even when tapping the excess off with my brush.

Comes in a goldish compact with a leather-look center, which is good cuz then I'm not confusing it with my other Shimmerbrick.

Would definitely repurchase - have to order it online from bobbibrowncosmetics.com since its no longer sold at the counters.

This is the second shimmer brick that I have bought (Bronze was my first) and although I like it, I can't say that I love it as much as the one I had bought a few years ago. I agree with previous reviewers, this compact contains more gold tones than copper. It gives me a light, golden hue on my cheeks and works well on eyes, however I don't think it is nearly as pigmented or shimmery as my Bronze shimmer brick is. I also find the packaging beautiful and sophisticated, however it is a bit chunky in my makeup bag. Overall, I do like this shimmer brick, but I wouldn't repurchase it, even if it wasn't LE. Ladies with fairer skin or those looking for more subtle shimmer might like this better, but this only got me craving a new Bronze shimmer brick (which I just bought this weekend!)

on 11/6/2008 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was waiting for somebody to review this, I was too lazy to start the review. ;o)

I DO like this shimmerbrick, but I liked the last two LE bricks that BB came out with, too. I like this Copper one better than the Gold one because this one shows better on my skin becuz it isn't as pale. This looks nice over blush; it gives my cheeks a nice, healthy glow. I also tried dusting this a few times over my eyeshadow and it gave my lids a touch of a warm, coppery sparkle. Very pretty shimmerbrick to have, and the packaging is also something special. I like that it is gold and embossed on top, it makes it easy to find amongst my other highlighters. Check it out before it's gone, othewise, you will wind up getting ripped-off buying it on ebay... unless you get lucky.