Bobbi Brown Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

Bobbi Brown Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.8

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am totally in love with this product and it has become a staple in my everyday look. It is too light to be a blush but AMAZING as a highlighter for my NC30 skintone with golden undertones. Once I have on all my makeup on, I lightly swirl a skunk brush on the surface and apply it to the areas of my face where the sun will hit like my nose, and chin, and across my cheeks.I avoid my forehead since I don't want to look sweaty. It gives me the prettiest translucent golden beige glow that I have never achieved with any other highlighter. The difference I notice with this and other highlighters is that it lets your own skin shine through and not cover it up with a layer of thick powder glitter or shimmer.This is like the initial glowy tan you get from being on vacation in Hawaii. Where your nose and cheeks get a little shiny but is flattering since it looks like the results of a healthy tan. t is finely milled so it doesn't ever look cakey. I recieved this in a swap in the winter and didn't really use it much. It's beginning to get warmer here so I pulled it out about a month ago and was amazed at the glow I had achieved with this product. I cannot wait to use this in the summer when I get a little darker. I think it will look ever more amazing..The best part is the packaging. It is not the ugly standard black casing that BB's other shimmerbricks come it. It is housed in a luxe golden case that is so pretty and not tacky at all. I doubt I will ever run out of this but if I do I would definitely repurchase. I believe it retails for $40 but in my opinion it is worth every penny at least for me!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't like it very much because the quality of Limited Edition is worse than the permanent collection I think. Anyway I love it but won't buy again

on 6/16/2009 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted a slight glow without too much color and that is exactly what I got with this shimmer brick. I'm so pleased with it. It gives me a lovely glow and it looks beautiful over my Maui bronzer. A light hand is needed with this, a little goes a long way.

on 5/8/2009 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Copper Diamond is my 2nd Shimmerbrick. the first being the original Bronze one.

This one builds like the Bronze with a different color strips:
champagne, dark gold, warm light copper, bronze (same color strip as the 3rd one down from the top in the original Bronze shimmerbrick), and light warm gold.

All in all, good for when I want a candle-glowy hue as opposed to color - which I want when I'm doing a smoky eye. I also combine over my regular blush for a warm glow.

This is one of those things where I can layer it over my Bronzer or Bronze Shimmerbrick when I want to lower the color volume and not sacrifice glow. Previous to this purchase, I was using powder foundation to tone down the color but I ended up looking too dusty even when tapping the excess off with my brush.

Comes in a goldish compact with a leather-look center, which is good cuz then I'm not confusing it with my other Shimmerbrick.

Would definitely repurchase - have to order it online from bobbibrowncosmetics.com since its no longer sold at the counters.