Bobbi Brown Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

Bobbi Brown Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.4

on 3/30/2011 2:45:00 AM

This is my favorite shimmer brick (I have Bronze and Apricot as well). Unfortunately, it is no longer available as it was part of the holiday line in 2008. I would say the stripes blend into more of a golden than a coppery color. It adds an amazing sheen to my cheek bone, yet it doesn't look oily. I also use the 2 darker colors to contour my eye and the light colors as eyeshadow to highlight. The case of this particular shimmer brick is different from the tradition plastic black case. This case is gold in color and the top is composed of plastic and leather-like material. Many people use a duo fibre brush to apply the shimmer bricks, but from my experience, Bobbi Brown's Face Blender brush does a much better job in depositing the shimmers. Even though it is a limited edition item and I wouldn't be able to repurchase when I hit the pan, I don't see myself running out anytime soon. There is enough product in the shimmer bricks to last for years.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I found this at my local CCO last week for $28. I have used it as my highlight everyday since. It gives a nice glow without being overly shimmery. There's NO glitter. It blends easily. The packaging is beautiful. I haven't found any negatives about this product. If you find this at your CCO buy it! As this was my first Shimmer Brick, I look forward to trying out some more.

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I found this at my local CCO last week for $28. I have used it as my highlight everyday since. It gives a nice glow without being overly shimmery. There's NO glitter (like MAC MSFs). It blends easily. The packaging is beautiful. I haven't found any negatives about this product. If you find this at your CCO buy it! As this was my first Shimmer Brick, I look forward to trying out some more.

on 7/1/2010 8:05:00 AM

I love this highlighter, especially now in the summer with some tan it looks great. I already have Platinum Pink and Rose Quartz and they all are different enough to have something suitable for every makeup colour. You just have to be careful on not using too much at a time, and use it only on the sides of the cheek, not too close to the nose or it will make your cheeks look chubby pretty easily.

I don't think I'll ever have to buy again since this will last for years, but if I lost this, I could consider hunting it again. This has been a LE so it's propably difficult to find anymore, so I'll better not lose/break this one!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am totally in love with this product and it has become a staple in my everyday look. It is too light to be a blush but AMAZING as a highlighter for my NC30 skintone with golden undertones. Once I have on all my makeup on, I lightly swirl a skunk brush on the surface and apply it to the areas of my face where the sun will hit like my nose, and chin, and across my cheeks.I avoid my forehead since I don't want to look sweaty. It gives me the prettiest translucent golden beige glow that I have never achieved with any other highlighter. The difference I notice with this and other highlighters is that it lets your own skin shine through and not cover it up with a layer of thick powder glitter or shimmer.This is like the initial glowy tan you get from being on vacation in Hawaii. Where your nose and cheeks get a little shiny but is flattering since it looks like the results of a healthy tan. t is finely milled so it doesn't ever look cakey. I recieved this in a swap in the winter and didn't really use it much. It's beginning to get warmer here so I pulled it out about a month ago and was amazed at the glow I had achieved with this product. I cannot wait to use this in the summer when I get a little darker. I think it will look ever more amazing..The best part is the packaging. It is not the ugly standard black casing that BB's other shimmerbricks come it. It is housed in a luxe golden case that is so pretty and not tacky at all. I doubt I will ever run out of this but if I do I would definitely repurchase. I believe it retails for $40 but in my opinion it is worth every penny at least for me!

on 6/16/2009 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted a slight glow without too much color and that is exactly what I got with this shimmer brick. I'm so pleased with it. It gives me a lovely glow and it looks beautiful over my Maui bronzer. A light hand is needed with this, a little goes a long way.

on 6/10/2009 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I got this at a CCO for $28, and I am so glad I bought it! It gives just the perfect amount of glow, without looking glittery at all. I think it's a LE product, but I just saw it on the BB website, so I guess it's still available. It's my first shimmer brick, but I'm definitely looking forward to trying more out!

on 5/8/2009 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Copper Diamond is my 2nd Shimmerbrick. the first being the original Bronze one.

This one builds like the Bronze with a different color strips:
champagne, dark gold, warm light copper, bronze (same color strip as the 3rd one down from the top in the original Bronze shimmerbrick), and light warm gold.

All in all, good for when I want a candle-glowy hue as opposed to color - which I want when I'm doing a smoky eye. I also combine over my regular blush for a warm glow.

This is one of those things where I can layer it over my Bronzer or Bronze Shimmerbrick when I want to lower the color volume and not sacrifice glow. Previous to this purchase, I was using powder foundation to tone down the color but I ended up looking too dusty even when tapping the excess off with my brush.

Comes in a goldish compact with a leather-look center, which is good cuz then I'm not confusing it with my other Shimmerbrick.

Would definitely repurchase - have to order it online from bobbibrowncosmetics.com since its no longer sold at the counters.

on 5/8/2009 12:51:00 AM

I love this highlighter! I have yellowish undertones to my skin, and this product gives my skin a subtle glow, nothing extreme. It is expensive, but its LE so I went ahead and bought a spare because I loved it so much! I've used it daily for about 2m and I've barely made a dent in it. I use the face blender brush to apply it. I do think the size of the compact could be much smaller for the amount of product inside. The mirror is great though.

on 2/12/2009 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Ok, so I found this at a CCO. It looked pretty and I loved the gold compact. I thought I may have a Milani shimmer stripes at home similar but got it anyway. All I can say is WOW...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. I went back and bought 3 more the next day. I am fair/pale and can't really wear much color on my cheeks or I look like I have rosacea. This just makes me GLOW in a fair-skinned kinda way. It gives me subtle color with some shimmer that's not too much for my 35 year old skin. This would look good on anyone!