Bobbi Brown Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

Bobbi Brown Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.4

on 2/12/2009 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Ok, so I found this at a CCO. It looked pretty and I loved the gold compact. I thought I may have a Milani shimmer stripes at home similar but got it anyway. All I can say is WOW...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. I went back and bought 3 more the next day. I am fair/pale and can't really wear much color on my cheeks or I look like I have rosacea. This just makes me GLOW in a fair-skinned kinda way. It gives me subtle color with some shimmer that's not too much for my 35 year old skin. This would look good on anyone!

Copper Diamond is Bobbi Brown's Holiday 2008 Limited Edition Shimmerbrick. When I opened up the shiny metallic box, a couple of things stood out to me immediately. First of all, the packaging (metallic faux leather case) is so different from the other Shimmerbricks, my inner Rainman wanted to cry "No, no, must be shiny black case..." But the actual brick is a bit different from the others I own (Bronze and Pink) in that it's much more powdery. Upon the first swipe with a skunk brush, there was a lot of fallout. That's okay, since I've had my others for years and no where near hitting pan. But, it does seem more prone to breakage and crumbling.

Also, the name Copper is quite misleading. I wouldn't buy it if were actually my definition of copper - pink/orange based metallic. This is more of a soft warm beige and gold. On the face, it reminds me of the glow cast on skin by the setting sun. So, I'll just ignore the packaging and keep this one!

on 3/20/2009 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have a compulsion to buy every single shimmerbrick Bobbi comes out with, and I was so happy when a friend purchased this for me for my birthday. It's similar to Sandstone but more golden and less brown, but not as gold as the Gold shimmerbrick and more pigmented, and the shimmer is finer than the Gold as well. On my fair skin it works alone if I use a slightly heavy hand, but it's also nice layered over bronzer. I think this would be most useful on fair/medium skin tones (on dark skin the color probably wouldn't show up, only shimmer.) I took off a lipstick only because most of the colors don't work on my eyes - for some reason as eye shadow they appear too warm - but this is a nice buy as a blush/highlighter. I will definitely be using this a lot in the summer!

Tears of joy. Sniffle. Love it. Gives you a glow.. you can't beat it. It's around 42 dollars but you get what you pay for.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am totally in love with this product and it has become a staple in my everyday look. It is too light to be a blush but AMAZING as a highlighter for my NC30 skintone with golden undertones. Once I have on all my makeup on, I lightly swirl a skunk brush on the surface and apply it to the areas of my face where the sun will hit like my nose, and chin, and across my cheeks.I avoid my forehead since I don't want to look sweaty. It gives me the prettiest translucent golden beige glow that I have never achieved with any other highlighter. The difference I notice with this and other highlighters is that it lets your own skin shine through and not cover it up with a layer of thick powder glitter or shimmer.This is like the initial glowy tan you get from being on vacation in Hawaii. Where your nose and cheeks get a little shiny but is flattering since it looks like the results of a healthy tan. t is finely milled so it doesn't ever look cakey. I recieved this in a swap in the winter and didn't really use it much. It's beginning to get warmer here so I pulled it out about a month ago and was amazed at the glow I had achieved with this product. I cannot wait to use this in the summer when I get a little darker. I think it will look ever more amazing..The best part is the packaging. It is not the ugly standard black casing that BB's other shimmerbricks come it. It is housed in a luxe golden case that is so pretty and not tacky at all. I doubt I will ever run out of this but if I do I would definitely repurchase. I believe it retails for $40 but in my opinion it is worth every penny at least for me!

on 2/9/2009 12:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

my first BB Shimmerbrick and I'm happy. bought it at holiday time while looking for something special for the parties and wow! did it work! it's the only thing I added to my day makeup for the evening and suddenly men-people were telling me I looked terrific. in fact, that happens whenever I wear it. so, of course, I would buy it again. and maybe try the Bronze, too, since this is a bit more golden than it is coppery.

on 1/19/2009 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first shimmerbrick from Bobbi Brown and I love it. It gives a nice glow without looking too oily or glittery. The colors are very sheer and would probably look good on any skin tone. I'm currently using it as on my cheeks and on my eye lids during the day when I am too lazy to apply my eyeshadow. I've been using it for a good month and I haven't put a dent in mine so although they are $40.00, they last forever.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

So lovely. This shows as a beautiful gold/copper highlight on my cheekbones and brow bone. Looks gorgeous on my medium olive skin, but would probably work on many skin tones.

Disappointed that its limited edition, but it takes forever to get through, I may never finish it.

I want to try the other shimmerbricks on the market, but they are a bit pricey!

on 10/9/2011 6:12:00 AM

This is just so gorgeous to look at. I got this as a gift, so personally I would not have chosen these colours as I would love to use a shimmer brick more as a blush. This is not possible as a blush due to the colours but look beautiful and subtle on my eyelids. I love how it shimmers, not glitters.

on 3/30/2011 2:45:00 AM

This is my favorite shimmer brick (I have Bronze and Apricot as well). Unfortunately, it is no longer available as it was part of the holiday line in 2008. I would say the stripes blend into more of a golden than a coppery color. It adds an amazing sheen to my cheek bone, yet it doesn't look oily. I also use the 2 darker colors to contour my eye and the light colors as eyeshadow to highlight. The case of this particular shimmer brick is different from the tradition plastic black case. This case is gold in color and the top is composed of plastic and leather-like material. Many people use a duo fibre brush to apply the shimmer bricks, but from my experience, Bobbi Brown's Face Blender brush does a much better job in depositing the shimmers. Even though it is a limited edition item and I wouldn't be able to repurchase when I hit the pan, I don't see myself running out anytime soon. There is enough product in the shimmer bricks to last for years.