Aloe Vera Gel 100% pure gel

No Image

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Please someone give me feedback. I applied aloe vera gel directly from the leaf on my face after cleansing every night for almost two weeks and I started to notice some random blackheads all over my face, in spots where I never had them. I stopped using the AVG immediately and blackheads were gone. Did I do something wrong? What is the right way to apply this gel?

on 9/14/2016 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Pure AVG is a life saver for my hair and skin. I mix it with a drop of argan oil for my face in summer as a light moisturizer and primer that doesn't break me out or make me oily. I mix it in with my shampoo and conditioner to hydrate my hair, add shine and manage frizz. I use it mixed with carrier oils and tea tree oil for sunburn to heal, prevent sunspots and minimize peeling. I have dehydrated/combo skin and slightly porous hair and this seems to seal moisture in and reduce frizz. Its a humectant so I always mix it with a moisturizing oil, lotion or hair product. I've heard of people in dry climates having issues with it pulling moisture out instead of sealing it in when used straight so YMMV and it may take some experimenting depending on skin type and climate. I always have a bottle in the fridge and it improves the performance of just about every moisturizing product I've ever mixed it with.

on 4/22/2015 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I use this brand from TT. It is pure Aloe Vera. I buy it on EBAY, as this one comes with an expiration date. So many costmetics in the USA may be 1-3 yrs old before you buy them, as we have no regulation.

I typically add this to my St Ives, with my favorite skin and body oils (purchased on EBAY and ETSY), and hyaluronic acid (purchased separately) and make a silky greasy concoction to slather over my face and body.

I have dry skin, and no product on the market comes close to what I mix myself. My own mix is fresh, absorbs right into my skin, and leaves my entire body silky fresh not greasy and hydrated.

My hyaluronic acid comes fromjabalabs or https://www.jabalabs.com/

My skin gets so dry, I had hydroxatone and the main ingredient is hyaluronic acid, plus some carrier creams. It did wonders for my dry skin but I could not believe how fast I went through 4 jars or cream ($65 a pop).

So, I looked at the ingredients, and started making my own to suit my own skincare needs. Now my mix won't work for everyone, but you can tailor your own to suit your own skincare needs.

Aloe Vera, the pure kind without menthol or other junk that is in the USA brands, is a silky hydrating product that has been used for hundreds of years to moisturize and protect the skin.

I also like Rose Hip Oils, Safflower Oil, Olive Oil, Marjacu (Sp?) Oil, pure Argan oil.

I buy all of my oils direct; not from the beauty counter where the oils are purified removing the skin care benefits and perfume is added

I can't stand anything with perfume

Cheeers

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've used various products over the course of time with aloe vera as an ingredient. I have very reactive and hormonal acne prone skin and I seem to be fine with this ingredient. Recently, I decided to go straight to the source and use 100% aloe gel to see if this would be a nice light refreshing moisturizer for my oily skin. Well, I was shocked of how bad the outcome was after using this! I applied a thin layer and massaged it into my face after my cleansing routine. It dried very fast, almost like I put nothing on. But, minutes later, my skin felt very uncomfortable and very tight. It looked so dry and left like I had dried plastic on my face. I also started to peel like crazy. I had to wash it off and put on a regular moisturizer. Not the result I assumed would happen. I actually got the same result with aloe as I did with hyaluronic acid. Instead of moisturizing, it dried out my skin.

Love this. I decided to try it after endless anti redness creams that were expensive and that did nothing. I bought a big bottle of this which wasn't expensive in Holland and Barrett health shop. Its is 100% pure. I put a bit of this on the red patches on my cheeks and within a week the redness already calmed down a lot. I get flushed red cheeks in the winter especially. I put this on before bed and it is a cold thick gel so you couldn't wear it out. Even in the morning I notice less redness. Very happy with this definitely recommend.

AMAZING! Best moisturiser i've tried so far. It makes my face SOOO soft! Very moisturising. Great for my combo skin and perfect for summer cause it's a gel formula so it'll soak into my skin quicker than a lotion would :) defo will be repurchasing

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

oily skin miracle! tried a bottle by chance on holiday in lanzarote, fell in love and can't find anything better for my oily, break out prone skin (still keep wasting my money looking though, it's an addiction...) gives an unbelievable smooth texture to skin, seems to blur pores slightly in a primer like way, and heals spots/ soothes redness quicker really love this! all oily girls who's skin gets worse with normal moisturizers but then dry with ones specifically for oily skin, please try it!!!!! dirt cheap, all natural and good for my skin. holy grail?!??!

on 3/16/2014 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Aloe vera has been proven in research studies to cause free radicals (ROS) to form which damage DNA in the presence of sunlight. Why companies insist on putting it in sunscreen and other daytime products is beyond me. EWG says they are "investigating it" but moving at a glacial pace. Meanwhile we wonder why we get skin damage in spite of using our sunscreen and other products? Check for aloe vera in it.

Natl Toxicol Program Tech Rep Ser. 2010 Sep;(553):7-33, 35-97, 99-103 passim.
Photocarcinogenesis study of aloe vera [CAS NO. 481-72-1(Aloe-emodin)] in SKH-1 mice (simulated solar light and topical application study).
National Toxicology Program.

Toxicol Lett. 2007 Jan 30;168(2):165-75. Epub 2006 Dec 6.
Photo-irradiation of Aloe vera by UVA--formation of free radicals, singlet oxygen, superoxide, and induction of lipid peroxidation.
Xia Q, Yin JJ, Fu PP, Boudreau MD.
Source
National Center for Toxicological Research, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA.

Indian J Biochem Biophys. 2010 Jun;47(3):161-5.
DNA degradation by aqueous extract of Aloe vera in the presence of copper ions.
Naqvi S, Ullah MF, Hadi SM.
Source
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Life Sciences, AMU, Aligarh, India.

Other studies may claim its anti-inflammatory but they have not looked for what it does in the presence of UVR apparently.

on 3/16/2014 5:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love aloe vera. I use it straight from the leaf because I find that the bottled ones contain a few chemicals that I don't fancy putting on my skin.

I keep my aloe leaf in the fridge with its end covered in aluminium foil. I cut about 2 inches and slice it into half, squeezing the gooey slime all over my face. Then I massage it into my skin for about 2 minutes. Allow to dry and I usually leave it on for minimum 45 minutes.

Honestly, cold aloe feels amazing. And I really love how my skin looks covered in aloe because it's so moist and smooth.. ah, my skin goal. It's very soothing and refreshing, also has a minor plant-y smell to it.

When aloe dries, it hardens and you may feel tightness. Initially it's uncomfortable but you'll get used to it, just move your mouth a little.

I use aloe at night only, on days I am not working. Around 2 - 3 days per week. Aloe helps me in adding moisture to my skin and keeps it supple. It also calms my redness and.. soothes me. Haha.

on 5/19/2013 12:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i could find 99,9% aloe vera gel in brand called Planter's. it smells like cat pee, but i started using it on my acne scars (the red spots) since 1 month religiously every night or more than that if i can, and the result is good. but if you use it too much it causes alergic reaction (redness). im not gonna buy again this brand.