Maybelline Mineral Power Blush Fresh Plum

Maybelline Mineral Power Blush - Fresh Plum

4.1

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am pretty sad that this seems to be discontinued in Canada...I couldn't seem to find it on the Maybelline website either so I wonder if it's totally discontinued. This was the first blush I bought (for some reason, I was really late to enter the blush market, I was about 20). The colour payoff is absolutely wonderful. I am an NC40 (maybe a bit less yellow than that), and as noted by other reviewers, this colour sings on those who are a bit brown or tanned. It requires an extremely light hand. I don't even use what's in the pot when I open the lid--I just use what's in the lid!! Literally! I sweep the brush into the lid and blend onto my cheeks, then dip the very tip of the brush into the product, swirl around the lid again, and blend onto the other cheek. That's enough, or I'll definitely end up clownfaced. So, while I'm still disappointed that I can't buy this again, I've used so very little over the years that there's still a massive amount left. It's a very fine powder so it can get all over the place, but otherwise the colour, texture, and longevity are all great for me.

on 11/24/2011 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

On a whim, I bought this blush at Big Lots for only $3 and I'm glad I did! The color of this blush is so gorgeous, it's the perfect plum shade :) however, it is EXTREMELY pigmented which some people may like but I find that i always end up getting too much product on my cheeks and end up looking ridiculous. So if you use this product correctly and barely pick up any product, it's an amazing blush and should last you a long time.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really like this as far as drugstore blushes go. It's a very pretty reddish color that looks great on my NC30 olive toned skin. It can easily look like windburn if applied too heavily, but I use a big fluffy Sonia Kashuk powder brush, and it comes out just right. I think this is also a really good dupe for NARS blush in Dolce Vita. The staying power isn't as good as I would like, but NARS are the only blushes that really have good staying power on my super oily skin.

on 10/10/2010 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this at the dollar store on a impulse. This is the best blush I have ever used. I have never thought about buying a mineral blush, but I will go back and buy two or three more and I think they may be continuing it because it was in the dollar tree. It show up great on my caramel colored skin, and it last all day, looking extremely natural.
Update: went back to dollar tree and bought five. I know they are discontinued and I have a heard time finding a blush I like.

on 6/27/2010 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I found this blush colour really nice but i didn't like how it didnt last as long as i expected! it only lasts for like less than an hour and then it starts to fade!! Unless i am missing an ingredient to put on before wearing it , it is not my cup of tea!

i want to love it because the colour is so intense and nice, and good for winter shade but unfortunately i love my blush, and this is not the blush that lasts, as i hate reapplying .

The packaging is OK its small but not great to put in ur bag it tends to get messy if the loose powder shakes up in the container, so when you open it the blush is everywhere out of its place!!
I think the good aspect of it is it being mineral, which is good for ur skin, but i would say that i dont think i will buy it again. havent used it for a while because i know it wont last long.

on 6/19/2010 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a very pigmented blush. It's too dark to apply liberally on my NC30 skin. However, I'm using it anyway...just making sure I get the tiniest bit out. I usually dip my blush brush into the cap of the product, then tissue off the excess before applying. If your skin is darker, you can probably apply this more easily. It's staying power is phenomenal, and I would recommend it. I will not be repurchasing as I still probably have 95% of it left after 2 years...if I do buy another blush it would be in a lighter shade.

on 6/11/2010 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

UPDATE: So so sad....the Bismuth Oxychloride in this and the foundation broke me out and irritated my skin. Made me oily like every other mineral makeup with that ingredient. So sad. :(
I like EVERYTHING about this blush. I have the peach too, but it doesn't show up on me. I have grown to love this above all my other blushes. It looks very natural on me, lasts all day, and I love the fact that it's already in powder form since I am notorious for dropping and breaking my blushes. : ) I use the Mineral Power Loose powder foundation as well. VERY happy.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I LOVE THIS BLUSH! it looks so natural! it goes on so well, its pigmented just enough...you get a ton of it...I would give it more than 5 if i could. I am NC45-NC50 and it always looks amazing on my skin. I can use it with any makeup. I dont wear blush everyday (im more of a bronzer on the cheeks kind of girl) but i love this. If i ever run out i would def purchase again and again....

it lasts all day (8+ hours)...and ive even gone swimming in it and it stayed put (no primer)

i have 3 or 4 MAC blushes, other DS blushes, NARS blushes...and this one competes with all of them!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is such a beautiful colour on me! I use it mostly in the winter to give me even more of that flushed look, I love it! It's so soft in texture and a little goes a long way, it's so pigmented! This stuff will last you forever. It's also really easy to blend. It's the perfect plum for my skintone. It hasn't given me any negative skin reactions, which is a huge plus with me. It's not too matte and looks natural on the skin. I'm so glad I bought it before they discontinued selling it in my drugstore.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this blush! It's my first mineral blush and I'm really satisfied with how highly pigmented it is! I know that some people think this is difficult to blend, but I personally don't find this a problem. I do, however, find it hard to shake out just the right amount of blush. If I do it too gently, I don't get enough color. But if I shake it too vigorously, I end up getting powder overload. It actually took me a little while to realize that application would be easier if I shook the blush onto the cap, rather than have parts of it spill onto my floor. I like "Fresh Plum" because it is a beautiful deep pink/plummy color. It's great for the wintertime because it gives you rosy cheeks! I'm amazed at how this blush can appear so vibrant and still look so natural!