Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15
Hourglass Mineral Veil (oil free) SPF 15Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

on 11/14/2017 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I registered in this site just so I can write review on this product. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT. And it's so expensive on top being a crappy product. I was so excited about this. This must be the only product that received so many good reviews and so many people in youtube claimed it to the IF primer for them but turned out to be so ineffective. I have oily skin which it claims to be good for but it didn't make my make up stay longer, my skin appeared to be oily within couple of hours and on my nose i could see my foundation made patterns like that of a leopard because the foundation kept slippy off . And the foundation would come right off if i even slightly touch a part of my face. This wouldn't happen if i apply the foundation on its own or with other primers. Smashbox was way way better. I moved to hourglass hoping for something even better. It's really shameful that hourglass created such a crappy product and charged so much for it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first used this product, I was wowed by how amazing it made my foundation looked. It just makes my foundation looks better than before. However after subsequent use, I find that after 3-4 hours it makes my foundation turn into tiny spot especially my chin and cheek area. I have oily/combination skin. I tried to pair this with a longer lasting foundation and it has the same tiny spot results. At first I thought it was because I was using a BB cushion which does not last well on my skin.

I find that this expires really quickly as well. After subsequent use, its the product does not pump well. It tends to make my foundation look whiter than before.

Overall, this does not work for me. Will not get this again.

Aww man...this is going to be an unpopular review, but god knows I really tried.

Since I have super oily Tzones so I was looking for a summer primer. A girl at sephora strongly recommended this primer and she gave me a very generous sample. I have always heard good things about Hourglass and it seems that they can do no wrong so I was so hopeful.

Well, not only did it not help control my oily tzone, it accentuated my lines and pores and I even looked greasier than usual. Fortunately is that if you like, this primer a little goes a long way but my skin just doesn't like it.

Too bad - I had the 2oz jumbo size sitting in my sephora cart for a week and I sadly had to remove it.

I was not a fan of this primer. I didn't really notice a difference in the wear of my foundation. But my biggest peeve is how it goes bad so quickly. I had this primer for two months and it started separating, and it started developing an odd smell. For how much you gotta pay for this, I expect it to last longer than just a few months. Maybe it works for people with oily skin, but don't buy the full size, because there's no way you'll get through the whole thing before it goes bad in a few months.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this because of a recommendation for oily skin. I typically use too faced hangover rx or benefit porefessional. I can now say this may be my HG primer. It even lasts through all of the sweat. My first impression was confusion because it appeared purple on my brown skin and I said F it I'll try it anyways. After I put my foundation over it I was satisfied. Throughout the day I'd check a mirror and was impressed throughout the whole day. Will buy again

I am super oily in Tzone with large pores on nose and cheeks.
I have some mixed feelings about this. I bought it because of reviews I saw on YouTube. It only took me two times wearing it to make my decision. Positives: It has a beautiful, silky texture. It smells nice. It is definitely water resistant. When I got very hot, the perspiration just beaded on my face like wax on a car. My makeup did stay in place all day. Negatives: it did not do what I bought it specifically for. I bought it because it is supposed to diminish pores while it is on. It didn't. It is super expensive and I only bought the smallest travel size. A full sized bottle is $75. So it does have some great positives if you are looking for what I stated but for the price, Isn't worth it to me. I'll stick to Benefits Porefessional and my Urban Decay Deslick setting spray.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

OMG...... this stuff. It is like whew.... liquid gold for oily skinned folks. Where do I start? I can't even afford the regular size. It's $44.00. I buy the travel size and only use it on special occasions when I know that I need/want my make up to look flawless for like 12 hours without touch ups. Yep, that's right I said NO TOUCH UPS!!! This primer is amazing!! HG goes on like a lotion, absorbing almost instantly into the skin --- leaving a powdery/velvetizing texture to the skin totally preparing the skin for a perfect base for your foundation. I'm obsessed with this. It's my absolute holy grail of primers --- and I have at least 5 or 6 that I play with and or in between. High to drug store --- this is the QUEEN of primers and she knows it. The only downfall is the packaging - it must remain upright or it will not pump out and you will not get the product that you need. There are other formula's but I've never tried them. I have a sample of the Ambient Light Correcting Primer in Mood light -- but I've just never tried it. I"m like saving it for the "date of my life".... LOL. It's right up there with the Chanel wrinkle creme!!! Geeze, one of these days!! However, I will repurchase because it's that gosh darn fabulous - and I will repurchase over and over. HG never lets me down, ever. Don't hesitate to try it......run!!!! RUN!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this primer from the recommendation of Nikkia Joy from Youtube, she highly recommends this primer for oily skin. I have oily, acne-prone skin so I am always skeptical of trying new products because of fears of breaking out, makeup breaking up etc. I was so excited to try this because so many people rave about it. I heard it was a great primer for oily skin. I bought the smaller version of the primer at Sephora just to test it out to see if I liked it. The texture is very liquidy, it is a white primer but it has a sort of blue iridescent colour to it as well. The reason I disliked this primer was because of the liquidy texture but mostly because as soon as I put it on my face my skin looked even more greasy! I tried applying with my fingers and tried with a brush and the problem persisted! I tried this with Dior's Forever foundation, Clinique's Beyond Perfecting foundation, Kat Von D Lock It foundation and the primer did absolutely nothing for my makeup. I ended up returning it to Sephora after giving the product many chances. Benefit's Porefessional is much better for oily/acne-prone skin!

on 7/27/2017 9:14:00 PM

I love this primer and I dare say, it is my all time favourite. I was first introduced to primer during my years of breaking out and having sensitive skin that would react to anything. This primer allowed me to wear makeup without the harsh repercussions of having overly sensitive breakouts. I have since realised over time, this helped to keep my pores less prone to clogging and helped protect from external stress, but I must note that careful evaluation of ingredients, elimination of foundations that caused sensitivity and a gentler way of makeup removal, really were the major contributing factors to my overall skin health.

But this was my friend, during those hard times and remains my favourite primer even today. I find that this primer allows my foundation to last long 12-14 hour work days, helps reduce shine and protects my skin. It also just makes my skin look fresh all day.

The cream/silicon texture allows for a little to go a long way and I find it takes me a year to finish a tube. Even so, the cost is exorbitant and I feel a little ache in the chest when reaching for this. So i have looked for alternative primers. Unfortunately for me I have come to realise this is the only one I enjoy the most and will keep repurchasing. The results speak for themself and I have wasted money trying to find alternatives.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this primer! Everybody says its a HG for oily and problematic skin, but I honestly don't see that.
While it does an amazing job with keeping oil at bay, i found that it did nothing to fill my pores or smoothen out my acne-scarred face.
As a result, for 54$, i'd rather go for something else.