Hourglass Cosmetics Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

Hourglass Cosmetics Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15
Hourglass Mineral Veil (oil free) SPF 15Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

on 9/13/2018 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I almost never return make-up, but I returned this. I was really happy with it at first. I loved the feel of it and it made my foundation apply better and last longer. However, within about two weeks I started to get milia around my eyes. I haven't had milia in more than a decade! I wasn't using any other new products so I was pretty sure this was it. And I was right, the milia stopped as soon as I stopped using this. Such a disappointment. Also, the packaging is very pretty but not at all travel friendly.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is popular, but very expensive. I was going to purchase this when Sephora gave me a free sample. I immediately tried it with my normal routine. My holy grail primer is Dr Brandt pores no more for pores, but it does not control my oils. I did half face test. This performed better than Dr Brandt for oil control, but Dr Brandt is a better job on pore minimizing. This really curbed my oils in cheeks and forehead, but chin still got shiny. This did wonders for fine lines under my eyes.

This is white cream at blends into skin beautifully. It is not sticky or make skin feel slippery. I like the finish, but I did get whitecast in flash photos.

My routine is toner, moisturizer, and then primer. I was so impressed, I purchased this at Sephora.

Sadly, after three days in row, this gave me severe acne on my cheek, chin, and temples.

I will not repurchase, but rather return.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I received a free sample of this at Sephora and good thing I did, because otherwise, I would have NEVER of purchased it. I have large pores on my cheeks that accumulate lots of oil during the day and dry skin everywhere else. In addition to that, I use Retina-A every other night. I put this on under my tinted sunscreen because I notice that it will leave an ever so slight white cast. Anyway, my skin looks like velvet for 8 hours straight. It works with any foundation I use - from cheap $5.99 BB cream from Covergirl, $6.00 stick foundation from Maybelline, to $42 stick foundation from Smashbox. Before I bought it, I tried to find cheaper dupes, like Angel Veil - hell no, not a dupe, not even close, Glow Skin Beauty has a tinted primer with SPF where the ingredient list is virtually the same as this - also not a dupe, Almay has an SPF 15 primer that leaves a little bit of pink tinge to the skin - not a dupe and on and on. Nothing compares to this beautiful, but expensive primer. I will purchase it again and again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

My forehead is extremely oily in the summer. I can't go on for more than two hours after applying foundation without getting all disgustingly shiny. I have tried a few primers for oily skin but none of them really worked well. I decided to buy this when I tried it on my hand in Sephora, it seemed like it would really work well - and it did. It really helps to keep oil at bay, seriously. Since it's SO expensive (58$ for a primer is insane), I use it only when I am going out or if I'll be out of the house the whole day and I want my makeup to stay on.
It didn't break me out (and I have sensitive skin and rosacea).
I would recommend this.

I wanted to love this. I have combination skin with an oily t zone (all the perks including large pores) so I was looking forward to this being ‘the One’. I received a sample in my Mecca Beauty Loop box ☺️ It has an amazing texture and makes your skin feel like silk. But that is it. Nothing more. It didn’t prolong the wear, it didn’t reduce my pores. I appreciate that perhaps I really only should use a silicone primer so this may not be for me...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It’s hard for me to notice the difference a primer makes but this stuff is fantastic! I bought the travel size & I’ve purchased the full size. It’s very smoothing & my base products go smoothly on top of this. A little expensive but it’s worth every penny!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Extremely oily and dehydrated. Large congested pores, lots of redness.

PROS
A little goes a long way
Leaves my skin feeling very smooth
Foundation glides beautifully over the primer

CONS
High price
Did not conceal redness
Did not minimize the appearance of pores
Did not extend the wear of makeup

You can watch my quick demo here:

on 6/30/2018 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don’t get why this primer have so many good reviews and highly praised. It just didn’t do much to my oily skin. It does make my skin very smooth, but this primer is a bit difficult to work with especially with other foundation brands, doesn’t really extend the longevity of the foundation plus it cakes and makes my pore look bigger. Since this primer contains SPF, its very suitable for daytime. Despite it dont really work with my oily face, so i put this primer on my neck and it smooths those lines and evens out the complexion.
I really wanna love this primer and still giving it another try til i finish it. I don’t think i will purchase this again.

on 6/27/2018 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I was very excited to try this primer because I have heard great things for those of us with oily skin. When used it in combination with the EL Double Wear and the Laura Mercier powder I could instantly feel my skin being sucked of all oil (that is a very drying combination!). The primer under other foundations looks good, but I don't think that it really did much for the wear of other foundations. I've got a little more to go before I finish the bottle and it lasted me quite a while (over 9 months). This is a really pricey primer so I would recommend getting a sample before you commit to the larger bottle! I also have to say the bottle is very classy!

on 6/8/2018 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I decided to try this primer after a while of trial and error with mattifying primers. I was like you know what? I should try something that’s promised to work! There has to be something amazing that has everyone raving about it. So I bought it!

It came out like an oily foam (a weird description, I know) and it was white. As I was dotting it on my face I realized it wasn’t going to be a problem because it disappeared, but it did leave a purple cast that had me confused, but it disappeared and there is no flashback (and I have olive brown skin). A minute after applying this I noticed how my skin was blurred, like a real life Snapchat filter. Pores what? The redness from my acne that was on my cheeks was gone, and my skin just had a velevet matte finish. I also don’t need to use as much foundation because of the blurring and color correcting properties of this primer.
When you touch your face after applying it you feel that it’s so slippey and soft, on Sephora it described as an airy slikey-cloud texture, which is spot on! my skin feels amazing with this on. By the way I haven’t changed my skincare routine in a while and I’m noticing a different in the texture of my skin... it’s smooth. No more texture. Maybe it’s this primer? It has like minerals and all of that.

It doesn’t make me break out, foundation application is flawless, long lasting, BUT it doesn’t keep me oily free in the t zone.

My skin isn’t super oily, I prep with a moisturizer and this primer, and then I use a hydrating soft matte foundation, and I set with a matte powder. Now I believe that prepping the skin by max hydration is the best you could do to your makeup application- it will be flawless, rather than a matte skin prep routine that crack and settles into lines. So I like a hydrated base and matte finishing touches. But I still get oily. (Disclaimer: I never found a primer that really kept me matte and summer just started so the humidity is crazy where I’m from, so this does affect my makeup- I can’t blame the primer just yet. I need to work with my primer if I want it to work ya know)

I will keep using this for ever becaus honestly there are not better primers out there for me. I’m just gonna have to improve my makeup techniques for a matte finish!
I’m also gonna try setting the primer with setting powder in the T zone so I will update if that helps my oils.