Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15
Hourglass Mineral Veil (oil free) SPF 15Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

on 5/15/2018 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Broke me out, and I AM NOT prone to breakouts. Also did nothing in terms of extending wear of foundation, definitely prefer my All Hours primer, which does everything it claims to do.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is wonderful, but boy is it also expensive. I really find NYX Angel Veil to be like 90% dupey of this; they're very similar in wear, feel, and performance, it is only the texture of the product before it is applied that is different. My skin hates heavy silicone primers, so Veil (and the dupe) is great for me since it is lightweight. It feels like nothing on the skin except a kiss of extra smoothness. It helps foundation to glide on seamlessly and it does add to the wear time. If I was more of a baller I'd use this every day, but as I am just middle class I have to be realistic and splurge elsewhere.

I thought primers were an urban myth, until I tried this one.

I have never tried one that actually keeps my makeup on for the entire day, and keeps the skin looking great. Usually my skin looks fine for 3 hours and then my nose starts to grease and my pores start to look awful, even worse with primer on.

I do not understand how some say this did not mattify their skin beyond 2 hours of wear. This is literally the holy grail of keeping the makeup in place and skin oil free. Its not concrete mat, but a luminous playdoh like "mat".

It does not cover huge pores, like really huge pores completely (like porefessional does) but unlike porefessional it doesn't transform into a mess after half a day. It stays PUT unlike anything else I've ever tried.

LOOOOOOVVEEE IT.. I would pay a monthly fee to make sure it never goes out of sale. I love it that much.

I would say that if you suffer from very dry skin, this may be a bit much.

PS. I use this with my cheap FitMe Poreless foundation - and even my greasy sunscreen underneath which usually make all foundations look like shit ! HOORAAAYY

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

For the most part I guess it’s worth the 70 bucks…??? I’ve yet to find a primer that doesn’t break me out, shrinks my pores for the majority of the day and keeps my face in place. It DEFINITELY makes the foundation application a whole lot easier and feels lovely on the skin, however I don’t notice a major difference in pores. I use this one on my cheeks and chin, and then CoverFX blurring primer for my forehead and nose- too drying on cheeks and chin though so that’s where Hourglass kicks in. Silicone primers turn my face into a warzone so for now I’ll stick to this stuff.

on 4/15/2018 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I have an only t-zone and sadly, this primer did not mattify my skin beyond 2 hours of wear. I had oily patches on my T-zone and had to reapply powder as usual. I also did not see any minimization of pores. Too bad.

My skin is so oily in my T-Zone that I break out with oily patches just 2-3 hours after putting on foundation (I use Double Wear, which is supposed to last all day, but on me lasts only four hours at best). I have lost count of how many sunscreens I have tried which are said to be oil-controllng but which aren't - or at least, only for a couple of hours. I tried this primer by Hourglass today, and I have already been wearing it for five hours with not a sign of oil or cakeyness! My very sensitive skin likes it, and it has not caused any problems. With an spf of only 15, I would not wear this product outdoors in the summer, but it is excellent for indoors and on less sunny days. Best primer I have found, and I will keep on using it, even though the price seems unduly high. Worth it for this length of time without oil. The packaging is also very good, with a pump to keep the product clean and bacteria-free. Next time I'll buy the larger size.
Later - I have worn it now for 12 hours, and it still works! I have a very small patch of oilier skin beginning to show through on the side of my nose, which is easily covered up with my powder compact.
I love this product! The answer to prayer!
Tomorrow I'll put on an oil-free sunscreen first, with an spf of 30, to get the extra coverage and see how that works.

on 4/10/2018 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This primer gave me a flawless poreless base underneath my Becca poreless foundation. However it seems on every occasion that I use it I break out. I tested it and used it on only one side of my face and woke up the following day to pimples all on that side of my face and chin. So upset because my face was clear of acne for months and was at its best.
I also bought my friend one as a gift because I was so hyped up from the reviews but she hasn't used it yet. I bought them from Space NK and they don't do returns :(

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have use this product for the longest time. I have combination skin, oily T-zones and this primer not only moisturises my skin, my make up could last for more than 12 hr with just 1 touch up. However the product is abit pricey.

on 3/12/2018 9:27:00 PM

I have combination skin and this is the silky primer is amazing and worth every penny.

on 2/19/2018 11:16:00 PM

I rotate between this and UD Optical illusion. Everytime I wear this one, I notice my makeup has held up and least 2x better than the UD one ( which does do its job fairly well). My days are over 12 hours long so I really see to what extent a product will hold up on my combo-oily-large pore-red skin. Although I'm oily, I need to mosturize well regardless and this primer works best when my skin is at its best (if I'm feeling dryer than usual, I'll stick to UD).
I like the way it spreads easily over the skin, doesnt feel tacky, yet I can tell my foundation or BB is grabing hold and that it wont budge for the rest of the day. I'll need to blot once eventually, and thats it. Theres a slight glow I notice after my base is applied.
Smells like school glue.