Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15
Hourglass Mineral Veil (oil free) SPF 15Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It’s hard for me to notice the difference a primer makes but this stuff is fantastic! I bought the travel size & I’ve purchased the full size. It’s very smoothing & my base products go smoothly on top of this. A little expensive but it’s worth every penny!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Extremely oily and dehydrated. Large congested pores, lots of redness.

PROS
A little goes a long way
Leaves my skin feeling very smooth
Foundation glides beautifully over the primer

CONS
High price
Did not conceal redness
Did not minimize the appearance of pores
Did not extend the wear of makeup

You can watch my quick demo here:

on 6/30/2018 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don’t get why this primer have so many good reviews and highly praised. It just didn’t do much to my oily skin. It does make my skin very smooth, but this primer is a bit difficult to work with especially with other foundation brands, doesn’t really extend the longevity of the foundation plus it cakes and makes my pore look bigger. Since this primer contains SPF, its very suitable for daytime. Despite it dont really work with my oily face, so i put this primer on my neck and it smooths those lines and evens out the complexion.
I really wanna love this primer and still giving it another try til i finish it. I don’t think i will purchase this again.

on 6/27/2018 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I was very excited to try this primer because I have heard great things for those of us with oily skin. When used it in combination with the EL Double Wear and the Laura Mercier powder I could instantly feel my skin being sucked of all oil (that is a very drying combination!). The primer under other foundations looks good, but I don't think that it really did much for the wear of other foundations. I've got a little more to go before I finish the bottle and it lasted me quite a while (over 9 months). This is a really pricey primer so I would recommend getting a sample before you commit to the larger bottle! I also have to say the bottle is very classy!

on 6/8/2018 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I decided to try this primer after a while of trial and error with mattifying primers. I was like you know what? I should try something that’s promised to work! There has to be something amazing that has everyone raving about it. So I bought it!

It came out like an oily foam (a weird description, I know) and it was white. As I was dotting it on my face I realized it wasn’t going to be a problem because it disappeared, but it did leave a purple cast that had me confused, but it disappeared and there is no flashback (and I have olive brown skin). A minute after applying this I noticed how my skin was blurred, like a real life Snapchat filter. Pores what? The redness from my acne that was on my cheeks was gone, and my skin just had a velevet matte finish. I also don’t need to use as much foundation because of the blurring and color correcting properties of this primer.
When you touch your face after applying it you feel that it’s so slippey and soft, on Sephora it described as an airy slikey-cloud texture, which is spot on! my skin feels amazing with this on. By the way I haven’t changed my skincare routine in a while and I’m noticing a different in the texture of my skin... it’s smooth. No more texture. Maybe it’s this primer? It has like minerals and all of that.

It doesn’t make me break out, foundation application is flawless, long lasting, BUT it doesn’t keep me oily free in the t zone.

My skin isn’t super oily, I prep with a moisturizer and this primer, and then I use a hydrating soft matte foundation, and I set with a matte powder. Now I believe that prepping the skin by max hydration is the best you could do to your makeup application- it will be flawless, rather than a matte skin prep routine that crack and settles into lines. So I like a hydrated base and matte finishing touches. But I still get oily. (Disclaimer: I never found a primer that really kept me matte and summer just started so the humidity is crazy where I’m from, so this does affect my makeup- I can’t blame the primer just yet. I need to work with my primer if I want it to work ya know)

I will keep using this for ever becaus honestly there are not better primers out there for me. I’m just gonna have to improve my makeup techniques for a matte finish!
I’m also gonna try setting the primer with setting powder in the T zone so I will update if that helps my oils.

on 5/15/2018 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Broke me out, and I AM NOT prone to breakouts. Also did nothing in terms of extending wear of foundation, definitely prefer my All Hours primer, which does everything it claims to do.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is wonderful, but boy is it also expensive. I really find NYX Angel Veil to be like 90% dupey of this; they're very similar in wear, feel, and performance, it is only the texture of the product before it is applied that is different. My skin hates heavy silicone primers, so Veil (and the dupe) is great for me since it is lightweight. It feels like nothing on the skin except a kiss of extra smoothness. It helps foundation to glide on seamlessly and it does add to the wear time. If I was more of a baller I'd use this every day, but as I am just middle class I have to be realistic and splurge elsewhere.

I thought primers were an urban myth, until I tried this one.

I have never tried one that actually keeps my makeup on for the entire day, and keeps the skin looking great. Usually my skin looks fine for 3 hours and then my nose starts to grease and my pores start to look awful, even worse with primer on.

I do not understand how some say this did not mattify their skin beyond 2 hours of wear. This is literally the holy grail of keeping the makeup in place and skin oil free. Its not concrete mat, but a luminous playdoh like "mat".

It does not cover huge pores, like really huge pores completely (like porefessional does) but unlike porefessional it doesn't transform into a mess after half a day. It stays PUT unlike anything else I've ever tried.

LOOOOOOVVEEE IT.. I would pay a monthly fee to make sure it never goes out of sale. I love it that much.

I would say that if you suffer from very dry skin, this may be a bit much.

PS. I use this with my cheap FitMe Poreless foundation - and even my greasy sunscreen underneath which usually make all foundations look like shit ! HOORAAAYY

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

For the most part I guess it’s worth the 70 bucks…??? I’ve yet to find a primer that doesn’t break me out, shrinks my pores for the majority of the day and keeps my face in place. It DEFINITELY makes the foundation application a whole lot easier and feels lovely on the skin, however I don’t notice a major difference in pores. I use this one on my cheeks and chin, and then CoverFX blurring primer for my forehead and nose- too drying on cheeks and chin though so that’s where Hourglass kicks in. Silicone primers turn my face into a warzone so for now I’ll stick to this stuff.

on 4/15/2018 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I have an only t-zone and sadly, this primer did not mattify my skin beyond 2 hours of wear. I had oily patches on my T-zone and had to reapply powder as usual. I also did not see any minimization of pores. Too bad.