Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

on 7/9/2016 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have combination skin, and very large pores.

I must admit, I have been very impressed with how it covers up my pores!

Cons: not convinced it really improves the longevity of my make up; it can actually form a layer and 'crack', leaving obvious gaps between your foundation/primer layer vs underlying skin; does not prevent your skin from getting very oily around the T zone. It makes my make up cakey. Also, it dries really quickly - and when I put my foundation on top, sometimes it applies patchy. (I might have to resort to doing my face in sections of primer/foundation, since it dries so quickly).

This product is expensive. It is $28 for less than 9ml (smaller than a finger) and $108 for 57grams. If I pay this much for a primer, I expect that it would do its job.

Unfortunately, this does not live up to the hype.

on 7/9/2016 12:27:00 AM

Upon reading reviews of this primer I was excited to try it out. Instead of purchasing the entire bottle I went to my local Sephora and received a small sample. While I do enjoy this primer initially, I found that after a few hours my foundation would smear from an accidental swipe on the face. Or if I happened to have a particularly persistent itch and would scratch it, I would find foundation under my fingernails. I am aware that is because I itched my face; but of all the other primers I have tried I would not have that much come off. I get particularly oily on my nose after a couple of hours and have to blot. I find that when I blot the foundation comes off on the paper. I will praise this primer because it does mattify my face a lot more than other primers and is silicone free.

I use a higher end foundation (Dior DiorSkin Forever Perfect Makeup in 021 Linen) and that, combined with the price of this primer, I would expect the makeup on my face to survive through rain, snow, wind, sweat, etc.

To Read all 407 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/7/2016 5:07:00 AM

I live in a very humid country and there isn't a day where you do not perspire, so it is very crucial to get hold of a great primer to prevent my skin to become oily easily. Apparently, this product failed terribly at not only preventing oiliness, it also did not help to minimise my pores after a few hours, and even made my foundation melt of rather easily. I personally do not think that the price is worth paying for for this kind of result. Utterly, disappointed.

on 7/7/2016 4:35:00 AM

This is my absolute FAVOURITE primer. As someone who has had to fight their way through a number of primers in order to find one that wouldn't break me out, this was a dream come true. On top of that, as someone who works in a kitchen, I found this to be the only primer to date that has held my foundation in place. It is lightweight, makes my skin feel crazy smooth, and spreads so well; a little goes such a long way! Only downfall is the price - as a Uni student I can no longer afford the $80 price tag for such a small amount of product :(

This stuff worked really well but it irritated my sensitive skin with all of those chemicals. Could be good for someone with less sensitive skin.

This primer is my life! It is my all time favourite, and absolute go to if I need my makeup to last, or want it to look extra good.
> I purchased it after hearing all the beauty guru's rave about it. I was a bit shocked at the price, but I would say its worth it.
> A little goes a long was with this product I find that one full pump is more than enough for my full face
> I tend to get oily skin especially after a long day of wearing makeup, my skin is noticeably less oily if I use this primer
> The staying power is excellent
I would 100% recommend this product even if you just try out the sample size, which you can get from Mecca!

on 6/20/2016 11:29:00 PM

Used a tad bit on my chin and immediately broke out. Will not rebuy.

Decided to give this a shot and was pleasantly surprised. Works well with my skin type. I adore the fact that this has spf in it. What a difference that makes killing two birds with one stone and not worrying about spf at all. That is very nice to think about. This is very overpriced but I found it worth it. I would rebuy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I tried this due to reviews and because my current holy grail is the hourglass no. 28 serum. I wanted something that would do a little more for my pores in the summer for they show a lot more then the winter. Unfortunately it didn't do much. The white cast wasn't a problem nor was the texture. It just didn't do anything for my dry oily skin.
I tried it many different ways and nothing.
It didn't make it worse nor better it was as if I didn't have a primer on at all. For me specifically it is not worth the price.

on 6/15/2016 7:44:00 AM

OMG, my holy grail primer! No one will understand how long I've searched for the perfect primer for my oily skin, sooo, when I found this, I was over the moon!

I cannot emphasise how much I love this!

I was almost put off from buying it because of older reviews I'd read on here (I always check reviews on Makeupalley before purchasing - I've wasted too much money on crappy products)! But something was niggling away at me & there was 20% off at Harvey Nichols, so I gave in.

Initially, it wasn't "wow" but since using it properly (u have to moisturise it into your skin properly) - it's the best primer ever.

I apply it after my moisturiser & sun cream...and the primer still manages to control all that oil!

With other primers, I usually have to powder my face again but with this, my make up stays on for 8+ hours and my skin doesn't feel oily, even in HOT weather!!!

It's very smooth when u put it onto ur skin - I use my fingers to melt it in. Ensure u put it on properly or else you may be left with a white cast. I also have a few large pores on my cheeks & it does well to help full these in & allow foundation to cover these.

Only downside is: it's super expensive (£52 in the UK) but it is soooo worth it! Plus, only HALF a squirt is enough for me, so this product will last me ages!

I'd 100% buy it again, I may even get the foundation, as I'm now hooked onto the brand.

For others, this primer may be average but for oily skin people: this is one of the best out there - much better than silicone primers!