Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15
Hourglass Mineral Veil (oil free) SPF 15Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

on 2/19/2018 11:16:00 PM

I rotate between this and UD Optical illusion. Everytime I wear this one, I notice my makeup has held up and least 2x better than the UD one ( which does do its job fairly well). My days are over 12 hours long so I really see to what extent a product will hold up on my combo-oily-large pore-red skin. Although I'm oily, I need to mosturize well regardless and this primer works best when my skin is at its best (if I'm feeling dryer than usual, I'll stick to UD).
I like the way it spreads easily over the skin, doesnt feel tacky, yet I can tell my foundation or BB is grabing hold and that it wont budge for the rest of the day. I'll need to blot once eventually, and thats it. Theres a slight glow I notice after my base is applied.
Smells like school glue.

When I lived in a northern climate, I used to use
Hourglass no 28. Since I moved to South, I found the primer too heavy. I purchased the travel size of the mineral veil and I fell in love with it. It smoothes the things I want smoother and foundation slips over it like butter. I was so impressed that I purchased the full size! Beautiful primer!

There is a slight white cast when applying, but it does dissipate. I still recommend a sunscreen with it even though it does provide some protection. You would have to use almost 3 pumps to get appropriate sunscreen protection and then makeup would likely slide off your face!

on 1/10/2018 5:18:00 PM

I’m disappointed. I get crazy creases when I use this primer. I have combo/oily skin. It sits on top of my notes and emphasised my pores. For the price, I won’t buy this again soon.

on 1/7/2018 12:31:00 AM

I really like this product but your skin has to be well hydrated to use it. Has the potential to make your foundation look kinda funny but more times than not, makes my skin look amazing and helps it wear a lot longer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Used to like this but have since tried this again and am so disappointed. It does nothing for my skin but does leave a white cast. Does not make my makeup last longer. Is not good for SPF unless you use enough and then the cast and it then seems to emphasize pores and does not work well with my various foundations. It also does not work well with my dry skin. So not liking this lately. This needs to be updated. It WAS a great product but has been surpassed by other products.

on 12/4/2017 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I’m so on the fence with this product. It really does keep my super oily skin looking great all day but that’s only when i use 2.5 - 3 pumps of this. the price is ridiculous. My pores aren’t huge, but they’re noticeable to me and this really doesn’t fill them at all. This doesn’t keep my makeup on all day, I don’t get creasing but it my makeup will transfer. If i can’t find anything that helps with my oil, i’ll repurchase.

on 11/14/2017 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I registered in this site just so I can write review on this product. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT. And it's so expensive on top being a crappy product. I was so excited about this. This must be the only product that received so many good reviews and so many people in youtube claimed it to the IF primer for them but turned out to be so ineffective. I have oily skin which it claims to be good for but it didn't make my make up stay longer, my skin appeared to be oily within couple of hours and on my nose i could see my foundation made patterns like that of a leopard because the foundation kept slippy off . And the foundation would come right off if i even slightly touch a part of my face. This wouldn't happen if i apply the foundation on its own or with other primers. Smashbox was way way better. I moved to hourglass hoping for something even better. It's really shameful that hourglass created such a crappy product and charged so much for it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first used this product, I was wowed by how amazing it made my foundation looked. It just makes my foundation looks better than before. However after subsequent use, I find that after 3-4 hours it makes my foundation turn into tiny spot especially my chin and cheek area. I have oily/combination skin. I tried to pair this with a longer lasting foundation and it has the same tiny spot results. At first I thought it was because I was using a BB cushion which does not last well on my skin.

I find that this expires really quickly as well. After subsequent use, its the product does not pump well. It tends to make my foundation look whiter than before.

Overall, this does not work for me. Will not get this again.

Aww man...this is going to be an unpopular review, but god knows I really tried.

Since I have super oily Tzones so I was looking for a summer primer. A girl at sephora strongly recommended this primer and she gave me a very generous sample. I have always heard good things about Hourglass and it seems that they can do no wrong so I was so hopeful.

Well, not only did it not help control my oily tzone, it accentuated my lines and pores and I even looked greasier than usual. Fortunately is that if you like, this primer a little goes a long way but my skin just doesn't like it.

Too bad - I had the 2oz jumbo size sitting in my sephora cart for a week and I sadly had to remove it.

I was not a fan of this primer. I didn't really notice a difference in the wear of my foundation. But my biggest peeve is how it goes bad so quickly. I had this primer for two months and it started separating, and it started developing an odd smell. For how much you gotta pay for this, I expect it to last longer than just a few months. Maybe it works for people with oily skin, but don't buy the full size, because there's no way you'll get through the whole thing before it goes bad in a few months.