Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15
Hourglass Mineral Veil (oil free) SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

OMG...... this stuff. It is like whew.... liquid gold for oily skinned folks. Where do I start? I can't even afford the regular size. It's $44.00. I buy the travel size and only use it on special occasions when I know that I need/want my make up to look flawless for like 12 hours without touch ups. Yep, that's right I said NO TOUCH UPS!!! This primer is amazing!! HG goes on like a lotion, absorbing almost instantly into the skin --- leaving a powdery/velvetizing texture to the skin totally preparing the skin for a perfect base for your foundation. I'm obsessed with this. It's my absolute holy grail of primers --- and I have at least 5 or 6 that I play with and or in between. High to drug store --- this is the QUEEN of primers and she knows it. The only downfall is the packaging - it must remain upright or it will not pump out and you will not get the product that you need. There are other formula's but I've never tried them. I have a sample of the Ambient Light Correcting Primer in Mood light -- but I've just never tried it. I"m like saving it for the "date of my life".... LOL. It's right up there with the Chanel wrinkle creme!!! Geeze, one of these days!! However, I will repurchase because it's that gosh darn fabulous - and I will repurchase over and over. HG never lets me down, ever. Don't hesitate to try it......run!!!! RUN!!!

on 6/30/2017 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

It hurt paying $54 for this primer. I could have bought a nice foundation. I've used it for 2 months and I can say that it's a great primer. I haven't used another primer that gives my foundation such a smooth finish. It also does well in controlling oil. I love the mousse like texture and the SPF is a plus. The only problem I have with this primer is the outrageous price.

on 6/6/2017 10:39:00 PM

LOVE! Best primer for my acne prone skin. The texture is like no other. It is not thick and silicone like. It is fine and smooth. Plus it serves as a sunscreen. Pricey but so worth it.

on 5/24/2017 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Disappointed.

Very pricey product but does not work differently than say, a drugstore primer. Does not help control oil and leaves a white tint on the face (im light-medium skintone and it still does that).

Price paid: S$33-ish for mere 9ml of product - gave 1 lippie as I think it's seriously overpriced for what it does.

Packaging: 5 lippies, lovely pump and glass bottle, no complains.

Conditions of wear test: Singapore, 30+ degrees celcius consistently year round, high humidity, rain, sweat, whatever a tropical country has, the primer has been through it on my face.

Overall thoughts:
I thought it was an amazing primer when I swatched it in store. It felt silky smooth and so lightweight and feathery feeling. However, on the face, it didn't feel any different from a regular silicon drugstore primer, maybe just a tad bit smoother but nothing more. Feel like I keep repeating myself but really I was so disappointed given all the hype on this product :(

Update: I think this primer is breaking me out. Gave me 2 cystic acne on my finally clear skin, so sad rn

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Without any doubt, this is the best primer I have used thus far. I am not sure what it does to my makeup but even a cheap LA Girl Foundation makes the application and appearance so beautiful.

I highly rave this product and I did not make a mistake of purchasing the 30 ml bottle. This will last me for awhile and I am planning to purchase the jumbo size as soon as I finish this one.

For reference, I have pit scars and some fine lines and it makes my skin so smooth :)

Will definitely repurchase xo

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have tried Hourglass products, mostly because I was looking for a natural brand that wouldn't demage my skin. I first tried some products in a Sephora in Canada.
Pros:
This primer makes my skin silk.
It dries up fast
My foundation lasts much longer (I also use Houglass's foundation and without the primer it doesn't have a perfect finishing)
Cons:
Price
It may become too liquid when you open the bottle
Need to shake well before using
Note: I haven't used this product during summer yet so I'm unable to evaluate it's dureability under hot and humid conditions. I'll update this review later.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not sure how I feel about this primer. I have repurchased it, and I like it but it's expensive and seems there should be a dupe. It also separates and I have to shake it really hard or it's watery. It gores on smooth and improved the texture of my skin and my foundation stays put all day so I have no complaints and really do love that. I have tried numerous other primers and this one is the best.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It seems like this has quite a following, and I hate being the "Debbie downer" of a beloved product, but this just really didn't do much to help my makeup last throughout the day.

The application is smooth and my makeup went on very well over this (hence the two lippies), but sweet fancy Moses, my face was a hot mess after about five hours of wear. Creasing and separation was evident, and my pores looked like Moon surface craters. Granted, the lighting in my bathroom is harsh, but my makeup looked great as I left this morning so...

Just for reference, I have mostly "normal" (slightly oily), and even-textured skin with some enlarged pores but no fine lines or wrinkles yet, just a couple laugh lines that this definitely did nothing to help with the creasing of. I used a foundation that is supposed to hold up after 12+ hours of wear and has never let me down.

If this were $15 at Target I'd probably toss it and be over it immediately.. but this set me back quite a bit more than that and the saleslady at the very shee-shee makeup corner of a Vegas Nordstrom was singing it's praises like it was the best thing since the Beauty Blender.

The formula is fine, feels nice and evening on the skin and doesn't have any obnoxious odor or glimmer. It just has zero wear-time enhancing or pore-filling properties IMO.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This primer is perfect. Yes it's expensive but it's worth it. Not only did is it the greatest primer ever, it also has SPF.

on 3/13/2017 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The price tag of this primer is atrocious, but this makes my makeup look so flawless throughout the day and it's spectacular in photos. I have oily skin and I found many matte primers felt tacky and did nothing for controlling oils or blurring out my pores. I got the HG Mineral Veil Primer as a deluxe sample from Sephora's 100 point perk because I found the price to be outrageous, yet so many people raved about it.

The texture is silky and not a heavy slippery silicone texture. It feels lightweight in the skin and I used a dime sized amount on my largely round face. In addition, my skin did not react or break out from this primer and I have sensitive acne prone skin. I feel this primer works best with matte foundations such as the Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Full Cover Foundation Concentrate or Revlon Colorstay because the foundations didn't cling onto my dry patches as much and I found it was easier to apply the foundation onto my face. With this primer, my makeup appeared airbrushed and soft in photos as well as in person. As an oily skinned person, I found this controlled my oils at a moderate rate as I did not look like greasy mess, but rather slightly dewy and glowing. I also like the SPF 15 included in this primer, which is suitable for everyday use and it doesn't cause flashback.

After finishing my deluxe sample, I can commit myself to buying the full size of Mineral Veil as I almost love everything about this primer. I highly recommend people to try this before buying the full size. I found my holy grail primer, which I thought wasn't possible for my sensitive oily and acne prone skin.