Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15
Hourglass Mineral Veil (oil free) SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

on 2/8/2017 7:31:00 PM

This is my dream product. I applied it under my makeup one morning before work, as I normally do. However, on this morning I had to walk to work in the pouring rain... with no umbrella. Finally got to bluemercury and looked in the mirror after tissuing off the rain... flawless. Not only is this product effective, it just feels amazing on the skin. Won't go without it.

on 2/1/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Only primer that doesn't allow my make up to smear off

I use much less TM / foundation / concealer as well

A winner in my book as it actually does something

Every other primer has just cost me money

on 1/26/2017 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm giving this stuff a 4 star rating even though I will not be purchasing it. I got a sample of this from Sephora recently and used it for a couple of days. It makes applying my foundation so much easier. It also really helps my makeup to look better by the end of the day. The only thing that's keeping me from buying a full size is that it breaks me out. I am incredibly breakout prone, though, so I feel like this is more my skin's fault rather than the products fault. If you run the ingredients through cosdna none of them are incredibly comedogenic. I'm sad that I can't continue to use this.

on 1/18/2017 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is as close as I've come to a holy grail primer.
First, a few quick words about my skin. Just finished accutane and now on a 'maintenence dose' (40mg /week) to keep the oiliness away. So, my skin is 'normal' to slightly dry but, above all else, sensitive. Large pores, some wrinkles, no blemishes.
As for the texture, this stuff is neither thick nor thin, opaque white, almost 'powdery' and very slippy. Very much a 'cone' based primer.
I spread this on my skin and I can a beautiful, even canvas. Slightly powdery finish. Perfect amount of slip to smooth over my foundation. Does help to minimise pores and wrinkles. Doesnt irritate my skin. Contains SPF for added sun protection.
So, why do I love it so much? This stuff makes my foundation last all day. Really extends the wear of my foundation- by the end of the day, my foundation is still looking fresh and in place. Honestly, I've never before not since encountered a primer capable of extending the wear of my foundation- if it weren't for this stuff, I'd swear the entire notion was a pernicious mythology.

I do have a few gripes, though.
First, the bottle. I find the pump really poor quality and, when it's starting to run low (not even super low- like, a quarter left low), it doesnt pump out product. I ended up having to unscrew it and get it out with a q-tip. Leads to a lot of wasted product not to mention a pain in the ass.
Second, this stuff is too thick to shake up before use and I find that I often get a few pumps of liquid.
Finally, the price. Wickedly expensive, and I do have to use a couple of pumps to cover my face so it doesn't really last a long time.

So, try yourself a sample first. Just be careful- you may fall in love with a really expensive must have, HG product.
I'll keep searching for a primer as good as this. There's gotta be a dupe out there... o_O

on 1/13/2017 1:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a nice primer for drier skin imo, I'm just too oily for this unfortunately. Love that it has an SPF in it and it is a bit thinner than many other primers but at this point I just can't use these heavy silicone primers. Would not repurchase but this would probably be great for those with dry skin.

on 1/12/2017 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily combo skin and I can safely say this saves my foundation longevity no matter what foundation I use. Big call I know but I'm on my fourth bottle and use it daily under my foundation.
This has a slight silicone feel but glides over the skin giving it a slight blur. Foundation applies much more evenly with this underneath.
But the gold is the longevity! Without this primer my foundation will most likely oxidize and be sliding on my face after two hours. With this primer I don't get oxidisation (unless it's a bad foundation) and I don't have to blot until the 4/5hour mark.
Pricey but worth the investment for my skin type.
If you're not sure grab a sample or the small travel size. You'll know after a couple uses!

on 1/3/2017 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a free sample even though I'm happy with my Kiehl's Microblur. I have very oily skin and once applied, I found it to be oily but magically soaked up my foundation. I had to work quickly because it started to dry out my foundation when applying. I was pleasantly surprised that my face felt dry and matte which is a good thing for me. I checked the mirror again about 30 minutes later and saw that it exaggerated my fine lines and my face looked more "pink." I kinda freaked and tested it on my hand then applied my foundation on top as well as my Kiehl's Microblur beside it. It absolutely oxidized the foundation! Ugh!! Now my foundation is MUFE Matte velvet and it's a good neutral color and not pink! So just a "head's up" if you want to try it....it could have been just my foundation.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I adore this primer. This primer has put me off wearing foundation. It blurs pores, helps makeup (like blush) stay on skin all day and leaves my skin with a natural, bright finish. I can't say much for controlling oil, as that isn't my personal concern, but it does not exacerbate any dryness and has a lovely, soft and smooth feel. Truly a great product, and when I do wear foundation, it plays nicely with them (I use MUFE stick and MAC Face And Body mainly).

Would recommend, have and will repurchase :)

on 11/18/2016 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I dont consider my skin oily I do have a major problem with sweat and can def get a oily around my nose especially. I just don't feel like this lives up near anywhere to the hype. I was face timing the other day and after months of using it realized how oily I was getting. I was just setting my foundation with meterorites or mac studio sculpt powder but after that I went and reuped on my nars naked loose powder. Its supposed to be mineral based but u can feel the silicone in it...it actually reminds me of how mallys poreless face defender feels when I touch my skin afterwards even though mallys is a solid and this liquid they feel so similar on my skin and mallys is NOTHING but silicones! Then add the fact there no real pore smoothing going on its just a total fail for THAT price. I will of course continue to use it because I paid so much for it and didnt realize how much it wasnt working til it was to late to take back. So Im still on the lookout for a hg primer.....still mad at sephora for changing there anti shine primer even though they pretend they just changed the bottle.

on 10/29/2016 1:00:00 PM

I have only used Benefit " that gal " brightening face primer & Benefit Porefessional before trying out this Hourglass primer. I extremely love this primer compared to the 2 benefit primers & let me tell you why.
Using the Benefit " that gal " primer, by the end of the day, 12-14 hours of wearing make up, my base looks like it's totally gone. I'm using BB cushion, not foundation. I don't wear eye make ups. However, if I use the hourglass primer, by the end of the day, my make up looks like I just put it on!
Recently I bought the Urban Decay Naked foundation & tried it together w the primer + Urban Decay Setting Spray. Holy cow, my make up is still perfect by the end of the day. I look like a Barbie doll. This primer doesn't fail me under crazy sun & sweating.
I don't have sensitive skin nor am I acne-prone so I'm not sure whether will it break you out but it definitely doesn't break me out. Suitable for dry & oily skin. I'm not crazy oily so this makes me a look matte most of the time & slightly dewy on some days.
The only down side to it is that it's very pricey, I'm paying $84 for full size , not jumbo size as I live in Singapore. Otherwise I have absolutely no complains.
I would totally recommend it if you are looking for a really good product & love high end products!