3.8

Shop Now

Reviews

3.0

22 days ago

I grabbed a deluxe sample of this primer, after the years and years of positive press/reviews. I have reactive skin, which is dry but can get oily in the T-zone, with large pores from acne lotion use. This primer has a very neat consistency, it's very lightweight and once applied, disappears on the skin with a powdery finish. Not oily at all (it's oil-free). Some have compared this to NYX's Angel Veil, and I own that primer as well, and right off the bat - no - they aren't the same. Angel Veil is very thick and doesn't spread well. This stuff just vanishes! I wore this one full work day without any makeup, to see how my skin might react. What I noticed right after application is that this definitely leaves a white cast to the skin. It's hard to miss. It blurs a little, not very much, and gave my skin a "glow" which I think comes from the white cast. I'm NC15 - NC20. I do have redness, so the white cast diffuses that a bit. However, once the day started, I couldn't tell that I had anything on my skin, other than knowing I had put this on, and that if I touched my face, you could feel that powdery finish. I still had that feeling after a full day - so it doesn't wear off. I tested this again, under a foundation, and I'm just not that impressed. It does grip your foundation, as most primers do, but I noticed the 2 times I wore this with my foundation, my makeup looked much more stark on my face than normal, and I'm pretty sure it's from the underlying "white cast" from this primer. The foundation I used to test normally oxidizes darker on me, which is how I knew something was strange. My makeup wore fine, but I do think this primer causes your skin to dry out a bit because the first day I applied it without any makeup, the primer caused me to have flakes because of the powdery finish. Under foundation, it's not so bad, but I don't feel the price point of this primer justifies the result. I'm glad I have a little sample, but unless I see some radical improvement with a different foundation, I wouldn't buy this primer with this price point. There are tons of others out there. I give it points for not bothering my skin and being absolutely light and oil-free.

About reviewer (430 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

25 days ago

This primer makes my skin look airbrushed in real life, it fills in my pores and gives my skin an even and smooth texture which makes my makeup look flawless all day long.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

EyesGreen

2 months ago

I said yes to buying it again but am not sure. Honestly, for all the $$ I've spent over the years on makeup and skincare this is the first higher-end primer I've ever tried. It works well over sunscreen and under powder foundation to smooth and make foundation last longer and doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin. Now that I am convinced primers can actually work, I have 2 more I want to try but the travel size bottle at Sephora is a great start.

Age56 & Over

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

1.0

7 months ago

I only received a sample of this product, but threw it out after one application. Some products have a white cast- this product is metallic purple! I'm fair and shouldn't notice too much of a white cast, but this primer made me look like the Tin Man! It persisted even after all my makeup was on. I presumed it would diminish with time, but it didn't, so I had to redo my whole face to look presentable in the public, and not like I was auditioning for The Wizard of Oz. Baffling. The consistency is a very slippery, silicone texture which dries down tacky and matte, making it hard to blend foundations and other products on top of. For the price, the poor performance is unacceptable.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

7 months ago

I resisted getting this primer for the longest time and finally caved in. I only regret not getting it much sooner and saving money from the other primers that are just collecting dust in my makeup bins. My combination skin likes the texture and it doesn't make me look like a disco ball like other primers can. Nor does it dry out my skin like others have. A little goes a long way and I use a couple of small pumps of the primer which covers the entire face. The finish is a nice semi-matte finish on my complexion and my base applies beautifully. It's also fragrance free which is a bonus and Hourglass is cruelty free as well. Yes, it's very expensive but it's worth the splurge to get your base right. A definite re-purchase so I'll be saving up my pennies for this stuff.

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

7 months ago

This is the most expensive primer I've ever purchased and it is an absolute dream. It makes my skin silky smooth and leaves a slight pearl finish giving my skin an airbrushed look rather than a flat dry look I get from a lot of primers. I spend less time smoothing out my foundation because it doesn't settle into my pores and lines. My makeup lasts all day now even in the rain and it also survived a heatwave last week. Thankfully, this bottle seems like it will last a while because while it's way more than I would typically spend, I don't think any other primer can come close to this one. Dare I even say, HOLY GRAIL! It's that good!

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

8 months ago

I ADORE this primer! I hate silicone based primers because I often use too much, and it balls up on my face. This has very little sillicone in it and feels like a lightweight lotion when you apply it. It gives my skin a smooth, ever-so-slight luminescence. Yes, it's quite pricey, but I only need to use a little amount, so it's well worth it to me.

About reviewer (453 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

8 months ago

This is by far the best primer I have used & trust me I've tried a lot! It's expensive but a little goes a long way so it lasts a good amount of time. It makes your skin feel so soft & every foundation I've used just works better with this. But if you're expecting miracles - don't. I have oily skin and I still shine after 1 hour, but blot and that's it for the day. You can get a trial sample of this which I would highly recommend first.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

9 months ago

I have recently started to use face primers within the last year and this is by far my favourite one. Albeit most expensive primer which I’ve purchased but I only use a few small dots each time. The product spreads nicely, has a lovely slip to it, no tacky feel. Doesn’t leave my face feeling dry after application. It’s a little running in texture and oddly the white product has a bluish tinge to it. Once applied it is clear. Makeup looks great on top, blurs fine lines and textures, aids in keeping my skin texture smooth in appearance. I don’t think I’ll try another primer, this is the ‘one’ for me. Exceptional performance, I just love the way it feels on my skin! The bottle is pretty too...

About reviewer (248 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

9 months ago

I'm currently using the sephora mini size of this, but I'm definitely going to buy a larger one when I run out. This is the first primer I've ever used so I have nothing to compare this to, but I do find that my foundation goes on a lot smoother with this underneath. It also seems to help my skin out moisture-wise, and definitely does not irritate my sensitive skin at all. It is a little pricey, but given that I only wear a full face of makeup every now and then I think it's worth it, especially because of its great quality.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24