Hourglass Cosmetics Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

Hourglass Cosmetics Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15
Hourglass Mineral Veil (oil free) SPF 15Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

3.7

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

on 10/8/2018 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was so disappointed in this. I bought the travel size and I’m so glad I didn’t buy the full size. First off, when I apply it, it lightens my skin. When I apply my makeup it gets better but I still feel like it affects the overall lighting of my makeup. Worst is the smell... I am not sure what happened but a few months after I bought this it developed an awful smell. Bad enough to not make me want to finish the bottle. I’ve tried makeup forever primer and the Smashbox primer and I liked both of those over this.

I really don't like this primer BUT I will use in my tzone if I got a long day, broke me out.

on 9/27/2018 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I cannot say how excited I was to purchase this. I just KNEW it would be my holy grail primer. Everyone, everywhere loves it and people rave about how it performs. I originally planned to buy the full size bottle for about $60 but in the end, I purchased a trial size (which is pretty big for a trial size) for $19.00. I tried it immediately and...HATED IT. I could not believe that I didn't love it. I have tried it with four or five different foundations and I hate it with every fiber in my being. It feels great, it doesn't have a smell, it goes on smoothly and that is where the things I like about it end. It just looks terrible on me. It makes my skin feel tight even with a ton of moisture before use. It does nothing to fill in pores but somehow sinks into them and takes my foundation with it and makes my face look like I have holes in it (my pores are what I consider normal).

I decided to give it one more try today before donating it to Beauty Share - I still have nearly a whole bottle. Well, what an error that was on my part. My makeup has not looked this bad in months...not since the last time I tried to use it. My every day foundation looks fine every day (that's why I use it)...and today, I look like a holey-faced Crypt Keeper. It has manufactured crinkles where I don't have any, made my make up flake and peel off and of course, turned my pores into craters.

I do love the packaging - it's a sturdy glass bottle with a good pump.

I know this works wonderfully for so, so many people and I'm sad ti doesn't work for me but it doesn't. I would never, ever purchase again.

*I am 41 with good skin (I've always used sunscreen and don't have a lot of visible signs of age, my skin is clear) that does tend toward oily. Somehow with this product, I am oily, dry, tight, peely and look like I have pores that are three inches deep. ICK.

on 9/13/2018 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I almost never return make-up, but I returned this. I was really happy with it at first. I loved the feel of it and it made my foundation apply better and last longer. However, within about two weeks I started to get milia around my eyes. I haven't had milia in more than a decade! I wasn't using any other new products so I was pretty sure this was it. And I was right, the milia stopped as soon as I stopped using this. Such a disappointment. Also, the packaging is very pretty but not at all travel friendly.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is popular, but very expensive. I was going to purchase this when Sephora gave me a free sample. I immediately tried it with my normal routine. My holy grail primer is Dr Brandt pores no more for pores, but it does not control my oils. I did half face test. This performed better than Dr Brandt for oil control, but Dr Brandt is a better job on pore minimizing. This really curbed my oils in cheeks and forehead, but chin still got shiny. This did wonders for fine lines under my eyes.

This is white cream at blends into skin beautifully. It is not sticky or make skin feel slippery. I like the finish, but I did get whitecast in flash photos.

My routine is toner, moisturizer, and then primer. I was so impressed, I purchased this at Sephora.

Sadly, after three days in row, this gave me severe acne on my cheek, chin, and temples.

I will not repurchase, but rather return.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I received a free sample of this at Sephora and good thing I did, because otherwise, I would have NEVER of purchased it. I have large pores on my cheeks that accumulate lots of oil during the day and dry skin everywhere else. In addition to that, I use Retina-A every other night. I put this on under my tinted sunscreen because I notice that it will leave an ever so slight white cast. Anyway, my skin looks like velvet for 8 hours straight. It works with any foundation I use - from cheap $5.99 BB cream from Covergirl, $6.00 stick foundation from Maybelline, to $42 stick foundation from Smashbox. Before I bought it, I tried to find cheaper dupes, like Angel Veil - hell no, not a dupe, not even close, Glow Skin Beauty has a tinted primer with SPF where the ingredient list is virtually the same as this - also not a dupe, Almay has an SPF 15 primer that leaves a little bit of pink tinge to the skin - not a dupe and on and on. Nothing compares to this beautiful, but expensive primer. I will purchase it again and again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

My forehead is extremely oily in the summer. I can't go on for more than two hours after applying foundation without getting all disgustingly shiny. I have tried a few primers for oily skin but none of them really worked well. I decided to buy this when I tried it on my hand in Sephora, it seemed like it would really work well - and it did. It really helps to keep oil at bay, seriously. Since it's SO expensive (58$ for a primer is insane), I use it only when I am going out or if I'll be out of the house the whole day and I want my makeup to stay on.
It didn't break me out (and I have sensitive skin and rosacea).
I would recommend this.

I wanted to love this. I have combination skin with an oily t zone (all the perks including large pores) so I was looking forward to this being ‘the One’. I received a sample in my Mecca Beauty Loop box ☺️ It has an amazing texture and makes your skin feel like silk. But that is it. Nothing more. It didn’t prolong the wear, it didn’t reduce my pores. I appreciate that perhaps I really only should use a silicone primer so this may not be for me...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It’s hard for me to notice the difference a primer makes but this stuff is fantastic! I bought the travel size & I’ve purchased the full size. It’s very smoothing & my base products go smoothly on top of this. A little expensive but it’s worth every penny!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Extremely oily and dehydrated. Large congested pores, lots of redness.

PROS
A little goes a long way
Leaves my skin feeling very smooth
Foundation glides beautifully over the primer

CONS
High price
Did not conceal redness
Did not minimize the appearance of pores
Did not extend the wear of makeup

You can watch my quick demo here: