4.3

price range

Reviews

3.0

10 years ago

I have such a love-hate relationship with this product. I love the color. Normally I'm into bright or dark cremes, but this shimmer is awesome. It's silver with silver shimmer, which sparkles so much that one might be tempted to call it micro-glitter. On those days when I don't want to wear a crazy color on my nails, this is a good color for a clean look. It's also a good color for a dress-up occasion. Really, really good silver. However, I don't have much else to say that's positive. Horrible application - mine was thick and application was splotchy. Three coats for opacity. It also dries so slowly! I use a fast dry top coat that dries every other polish in 5 minutes, but I dented this like twenty minutes later. That's a long time to me, but it would be longer for someone not using a fast dry top coat. The brush is also uneven and crazily thick. I love the thickness of OPI brushes, but this brush is short and thick, and application isn't smooth at all. I wouldn't buy it again; I would try to find a similar color.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBrown

11 years ago

This review is for overall brand quality. I removed one "lippie" because the brush was cut unevenly on about 4 different colors that i recently purchased. That's not good for so expensive and unique fat brush so check the brush! I recommend any of their pearls or shimmers because they're so rich looking. I have Cristallo Shimmer (similar to OPI Happy Anniversary but sheer), Via Veneto Chrome, Luna Pearl, Patina Pearl, Messa Luna Glow, & Argento Mist). They are all elegant and have a deep luster and shimmer. Pretty slow drying so use a good quick-dry topcoat. Check it out on sale if you love a deep complex shimmer.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

from

11 years ago

This is actually for the color Patina Pearl, but I couldn't find a way to add a product and the color sounds similar. Anyway, best nail polish I've ever purchased. I normally ignore nails altogether, but passing through CVS (the Neiman Marcus for the poor college girl) this color caught my eye. A sheer swirling pink color like soap bubbles, not matte and strange, not sparkly. And $5.99. The color looks like pearls, and despite being a sheer unassuming color, two people have mentioned how beautiful it is, one being my boyfriend who doesn't notice things like that.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

11 years ago

There are no words for how much I love this color. It's a gold-tinted silver, that appears variously as silver, gold, olive, pewter, and bronze, in various lights. It really is a chameleon. It's lighter in tone than Chanel's Kaleidoscope, but the behaviour is the same. The application is really nice, not at all streaky. My nails take two coats for complete coverage, although one coat works gorgeously as a sparkly topcoat over other colors (try it over a strong red!). And this one is SPARKLY. Very very sparkly. The Borghese polishes all use a thick brush, kind of like the OPI large brushes. I like it, it fits my nails perfectly and makes manis really fast, but I could see how some people might not. It takes a little getting used to. For this color though, it's more than worth it. This one gets 'wow's every time I wear it.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age19-24