4.8

$65.00 on Space NK
Shop Now

Reviews

a year ago

I like this brush a fair bit. It's very soft and dense and gives a nice finish when using powder products. I'm just not sure it's much better than my lower priced brushes, such as Real Techniques, in terms of the effect and durability. I'm not disappointed with it per se, but I do see better options out there for a lower price.

About reviewer (137 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

4 years ago

This is my favorite kabuki brush since it is synthetic, super soft, cruelty-free and I prefer this over my MAC kabuki brush. I keep this in my travel makeup bag that I use frequently. I love to use it for powder foundation as well as my finishing powder. It is expensive but this brush seems like it will last forever. I've had mine for over a year and it still feels the same as it did on Day 1.

About reviewer (121 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

7 years ago

Every morning I use this brush to add my finishing powder and blend my makeup. This brush is so soft and dense and it feels amazing on my face. Really expensive, but worth it!

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

7 years ago

Let's get it out of the way... this brush is ridiculously expensive. But if you want to invest in a great brush, get this and you will not regret it! The quality is amazing. No shedding. Luxuriously soft, dense bristles. Cleans like a dream. It's smaller and lighter than I thought it would be, but it's built solid, and I feel like it will be in my lineup for years to come. The size and shape turns out to be perfect for multitasking. I use this with my liquid foundation, contouring cream, powder bronzer, gel blush, powder blush, and finishing powder.... all in a row! It wipes clean in a flash, and I'm on to the next product. Then, I buff it all to a beautiful, natural finish. I use it with my Dior Airflash, tinted moisturizer, beauty balm, and it works equally well with all of them. I feel like the product goes so much further, and really gives me my money's worth for foundation, regardless if it's drugstore or high-end. After trying this brush, I intend to try more Hourglass brushes!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

8 years ago

This brush changed my life.... Not really... But it's made applying makeup including self tanner a lot easier.... I love it, and it's great that is cruelty free ie synthetic... Which makes much more sense to me as techonology gets better and better.... I don't think I'll ever buy another 'natural hair' brush..... Synthetic is a lot more hygienic as well... This brush makes foundation look like it's been airbrushed on....amazing!!!!!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

9 years ago

One of the best brushes that I've ever used. Works great with my Jane Iredale pressed mineral makeup.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

This is a good brush, but if you have very sensitive skin- save the receipt! I had to return mine to Sephora :'( It gave really nice med-full coverage with my Buff'd Mineral foundation, but after awhile, I started noticing that my face was redder and had these little "irritation bumps" (I used to get the same bumps when I was buffing with a natural-hair kabuki). So I stopped using it for two weeks, and my skin went back to normal. One more small gripe- the bristles seemed to stiffen up and get less soft after awhile. I washed the brush same as all my other brushes, and none of them have harshened up over time. Not sure what that's all about? Maybe this brush is just *too* dense for me. But if you have regular skin (not stupid-sensitive skin like mine), I do recommend this brush.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairOther

10 years ago

OMG. This brush is awesome! The Hourglass lady at sephora applied the foundation with this brush. I didn't buy the foundation, but I definitely bought the brush. As she was applying the foundation I was mesmerized as to how soft the bristles were. I mean, I felt like the brush was actually massaging my face. The true test was my application at home. This brush applied my Dior TM better than any brush I have ever used. Even better than my 187. Unbelievable. My foundation looks flawless. So the brush feels good and applies well. So happy with this purchase!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Medium

from

11 years ago

This is one of the best kabuki brushes I've ever run across. I only use synthetic (cruelty-free) makeup brushes and have three kabukis in my collection: Too Faced Retractable Kabuki (very, very soft but somewhat floppy), Make Up For Ever HD Kabuki (a little fluffier than the TF one) and the Hourglass Finishing Brush No. 7 and this one is very different than the other two.<br> <br> At $65, this is an expensive brush purchase, but I'm very glad I broke down and got this brush. What sets it apart from my other two kabukis is how dense the bristles are. It's still very soft thanks to the taklon bristles, but there are a TON of bristles and they're very tightly packed making this an excellent brush for buffing (or sweeping) on powder or mineral foundation. It can also be used with blush if used with a light hand.<br> <br> Like all of Hourglass' brushes, the Finishing Brush has a sleek aluminum handle and triple-dyed bristles that look as luxurious and expensive as they feel. This isn't a cheaply made brush. It looks (and feels) like you've gotten your money's worth. I own almost every brush Hourglass makes and they've all wowed me.<br> <br> PROS: (1) very dense bristles; (2) super soft; (3) cruelty-free.<br> <br> CONS: (1) expensive; (2) sheds a few hairs at first; (3) some people might prefer a fluffier brush (but if you want a dense kabuki, this is an excellent choice).

About reviewer (210 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair