Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Distortion

No Image

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/30/2008 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this on a bit of a whim while at Sephora. Halloween is coming up, and I had a passing thought that a glitter liner would be fun, although I have no particular desire to wear glitter on my eyes on a regular basis.

Until now. Distortion is beautiful in the tube-I do love to look at glittery things, especially in lip products (MAC Dazzleglass is one of my favorite products). It looks white with green, purple, and pink glitter. The website describes it as "iridescent", and that is a good description of the color in the tube. On my eyes, it is green, purple, and pink glitter in a clean base. I can see the glitter on it's own, and over a black liner, so I assume it will show up over any color liner. And look AMAZING.

I have yet to notice any irritating fallout, and I've had it on my upper eyelid for about seven hours now. This is unusual, because I wear contacts and I have very sensitive eyes. I'm sure that in a few hours it will start to irritate, because everything usually does after the oil on my eyelids gets ahold of it. But I am impressed so far.

Although $18 is a bit expensive for a glitter liner (because how often will one really use a glitter liner?), it was absolutely worth it. I don't plan on buying any more colors, but this, for sure, was worth it. I will repurchase, if need be.

on 2/14/2012 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is lovely stuff. The base is clear and it is filled with relatively fine iridescent opalescent glitter. The glitter itself is almost clear, but the light reflective quality is amazing, and it sparkles in a rainbow of pastel and mid-range colors.
Because it is almost colorless - other than those bright iridescent sparkles - and depending on the shape of your eyes and eyelids, it can actually be almost subtle on its own, some may think too subtle. But i like it on its own, to add a glint to my eyes.
It is also nice as a second line: line with your usual darkish liner, then use this to make a second line just above it. As other have said, you can also layer this over your regular liner.
There is little to no fallout from the glitter. It does take a little effort to get off, although in my experience far less than taking off waterproof liner or mascara. I would recommend soaking a cotton pad in eye makeup remover, the putting it gently but firmly against your lid and leaving it for a few seconds so the remover can penetrate. Then wiping it off will be easier.
This is just happy making stuff!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

What I love most about this particular color of the Heavy Metal Glitter Liners is that it's a sparkly white-ish clear, which is SO pretty! I prefer it over the silver glitter because this light color makes a beautiful little sparkle. It's super easy to apply and goes a long way!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I am obsessed with ud glitter liners. distortion is pretty subtle, but i layer it up. it flashes multi colors! i usually wear this over black eyeliner on my upper lashline, but im thinking about trying it on my lower lashline in the inner corner. theres no fall out but they can be hard to get off. the tube is big but 18 is expensive. i wouldnt buy this shade again since i need to layer it up which wastes a lot of product but i think ud glitter liners are worth it

on 5/25/2010 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I got this in a set with some 24\7 liners a few months ago and i'v worn it a few times, i really like the brush just because its easy to use. I guess the color is clear with like pastel colored sparkles in it.. i mostly like putting this over my black eyeliner but im guessing it would look good over anything. Its pretty fine glitter, its not super huge chunks, its also probably the easiest glitter liner i have to remove. Im not sure if i'd pay full price for this, just because its not something you wear everyday, but i like it. Its fun for a night out too add some sparkle :)

on 3/21/2010 4:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i got this in a mini set so not sure how much it is on its own but i think it's prob more than i'd be willing to pay.

i love the colour, it's cool layered over whatever eyeshadow you are wearing as it is just iridiscent and not coloured.

i wear contacts and have to say the glitter didn't bother me at all. however it is hard to wash off and had a few days with random bits of glitter on my face - but that's to be expected with anything glittery! :)

on 2/27/2010 3:59:00 PM

I love this liner! I'm terrible at apply liquid liners, but the brush on this one made it a piece of cake!
I got this in the Hi-Fi set, and since have bought another color because I loved it so much.
It goes on easily. One coat gives you a decent amount of sparkle, two for a more even and heavier coverage. I prefer it on my upper lash line over bright shadows or over a black liner.
It's a really pretty irredescent color that shifts with whatever color is underneath it. When I wear it with vibrant greens, the green sparkles become more dominant. It's wonderful!
It doesn't look trampy or too over-the-top...I wear it all the time during the day and at night. Surprisingly versatile!

I got this with the pack of mini eyeliners and I absoloutley lovee it. I apply it in the morning and by the end of the day it still looks amazing! Doesn't flake at all. I deff will be repurchasing and I would like to try other colors as well.

on 1/10/2010 12:26:00 AM

this product is really nice for parties and/or costumes. it looks strange by itself, so i usually layer it over a darker color. there is absolutely no fall out, which i love! however, it is a pain in the but to remove the glitter, i'm picking it off my face weeks later... this stuff is fun, but i wouldn't repurchase.

So fun! My boyfriend bought me this at Sephora yesterday and after wearing it all day today, I have to say I am very impressed. There is no fall out. I have it lined on my lower lids and it has managed to stay on and not stray on my cheeks.