BeneFit Cosmetics Brow Bar - Brow waxing/shaping services

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The benefit girls really do know what they're doing. They were the only ones who were able to fix my brows into perfect shape. Though the price is a little hefty, but I'd pay extra for an excellent service.. I always recommend Benefit Brow Bar Waxing services to anyone asking where is the best place for them to get their brows done.. I only entrust my brows to them..

on 8/16/2014 3:30:00 AM

In Melbourne, Australia the Benefit girls do a fantastic job. Great value for money, nice and quick. Would definitely recommend to others.

I had my brows done at Sephora NAC in Singapore.

The 'brow expert' was not too friendly, but she knew what she was doing. She gave me the results I had pictured. They let you test out the wax temperature first, and there is no double-dipping of the wax, so it's sanitary! Excess strays are plucked by a very pretty looking tweezer, lol. Just tell them what you want and you should get it! For Singapore, it's not very pricey either, at $24. It's like.. 2/3 the price of the new It's Real! eyeliner, in comparison. Book your appointment beforehand (though I didn't.. I'm lucky she was free!) Overall it was amazing. I have my best brows ever now :)

PS: If you can, check out comments on the particular brow expert you are going to.. Different people are differently abled, and BeneFit isn't too choosy about who they hire, from what I understand. Either sneak to see someone's brows getting done, or ask around for the best browbar near you.

on 6/28/2014 6:18:00 PM

I went to get my brows done at the Benefit bar because I wanted them shaped perfectly for my wedding. The girl did a really good job and brought out my eyes/whole face. I bought the product she used to fill them in and practiced doing it myself. She was excellent. Denton Tx btw if anyone wants to know; at the Ulta store. I bought some other Benefit products because I liked their application and they stayed on for the long haul. I'm going to be a professional woman and need to look put together. These products do that for a decent price.

I did it in Ulta in downtown Chicago. She is nice but my eyebrows are now very skinny and the arches are not the same height...She didn't fill in my brows afterwards either. Totally disappointed and not going back.

on 10/18/2013 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I happened to be in Toronto at Yorkdale Mall when I walked into Sephora and saw that they were celebrating the grande opening of a Benefit Brow Bar. I didn't have an appointment but they did my eyebrows right there on the spot for $23, and wow, my eyebrows look the best they ever have! I love the shape, the trimming she did on them and most of all the product she used to make my eyebrows look perfect, the Benefit Gimme Brow gel is medium/dark to volumize my already quick thick eyebrows. I love the full eyebrow look and it's kind of my signature thing, and the Benefit employee did a phenomenal job on giving me great eyebrows and introducing me to an amazing one-step product to hold them into place while filing in any sparse areas. I also got a free Benefit makeup bag to celebrate the grand opening at that location. Totally worth the $23!

on 5/17/2012 1:12:00 PM

I live in the UK, and go to a brow bar in Debenhams. I have been to the benefit brow bar three times at the time of writing this. The first time I went was wonderful. It was my first time getting my brows done and I was really nervous but the woman talked me through what she was going to do, how she was going to do it etc. and was so nice that it made it a very pleasant experience. She was the resident brow expert and it showed. My brows ended up beautiful, thick and natural but tidier with more shape, just as I wanted them. I was pleasantly surprised at how much she listened to me as I stressed I wanted them natural, not too thin. However my next two experiences with the brow bar have been...iffy. My next appointment I had another girl and she was very friendly again, but she really overdid it despite me, again, stressing that I wanted them thick and natural. They were still nice, but not entirely what I wanted. The third time, yet another girl, my brows have ended up...very strange. They are still quite messy, and they don't seem to match. I quite like the shape, although the one brow the arch is way too sharp (yes, just the one...)

As for the process, I do like how benefit go about it. They sit you down and give you an aftercare/warning sheet to sign, then they ask what you want, before they show you a mirror and show you the points on the brow and explain what they are thinking of doing to you, and ask you if its OK. They put soothing oil on the brows, and some on your hand to test the wax temperature. The actual waxing doesn't hurt, its fairly quick and painless, although the tweezing afterwards does, although that is to be expected I think. After the one is done theyll ask for your opinion before moving on to the next, though I dont know what they expect to happen if you say you hate it- not like they can do anything about it! After both are done they massage cooling gel over the area and apply concealer to cover redness, before finally filling in the brows with brow zings. I like how they use brow zings, and the oil, wax, and cooling gel all feel nice, and smell good too. I also want to appreciate how they conceal the redness afterwards, but the brush they use is of dubious cleanliness, and they do it so half-heartedly that it ends up cakey and disgusting. I wish they wouldn't bother with that. Afterwards my skin is a bit red, and sometimes I break out but I am fairly sure thats part of the process. Its a very minor irritation which calms down after a day or so.

The second time I went they insisted on applying eye gel, blush and mascara on me...which was a bit random, but OK. They didn't make me look bad, at least.

I would recommend that if you are still curious about using the benefit brow bar, that you ask if they have a brow expert and ask to see her, and that you go with a certain amount of trepidation. It could go either way! I'm likely to go back, but I am in a love/hate with this service. I really love the process, but the results aren't always what I want. And although its not expensive, its not exactly the cheapest out there.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i really liked this service i thought it was not that painful. i woild recommend this to anyone who wants thick curved eyebrows

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My friend & I went to ULTA to find her an eyebrow product. She decided on a whim to get her brows done & it turned out so well that I decided to get my brows done too!
This was my first time getting waxed, but I had gotten them threaded a couple years ago & maintained the shape by plucking.

This service was $20, which may seem a bit much for a wax, but it's not just a simple wax. The Benefit lady actually measures where your brows should start, end, & where your arch should be. So they customize the shape of your brows to your face. While the Benefit lady was shaping my brows, I learned how to use brow powder. I have the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder which has 2 brow colors & a brow gel/wax. I've been just using the brow colors but watching the Benefit lady, I learned to mix the color with the gel, then apply.

The wax was heated to the perfect temperature (not too hot) & if you're used to getting hair pulled out of you via threading or plucking, the pain from waxing is very tolerable.

After the wax, the Benefit lady will put some soothing lotion on the areas of hair removal & massage it in. Then she'll ask if you want to try Benefit's new skincare line & if you say yes, she'll pretty much wash your face for you. I declined to try it because I'm already happy with my skincare regimen & I already didn't have any makeup on for the next step (the makeover).

Then comes the makeover. I liked Benefit's makeover because their products give you a more natural, everyday makeup look versus other places like MAC. Not that there's anything wrong with that--I just liked learning what products to use & where to apply for a natural easy pretty look for when I don't want to put too much effort (like for school or work). The Benefit lady put primer, concealer, foundation, highlighter (& I learned where to apply highlighter), mascara, blush, & lipcolor on me.

When I got home, I showed off my brows to my mom & she loved them so much, she asked me to take her to get her brows done too, so I took her the next day (:

So to recap, $20 gets you a customized brow shaping, a brow wax, a mini facial massage, a facial cleansing (I opted not to do this), & a makeover. Overall, I was VERY happy with my new brows. My old brows weren't bad before, but my new brows are cleaner & still natural-looking. I honestly couldn't stop checking my brows out in the mirror the next day lol!

FYI, the customized brow shaping is actually free if you just want to see how your brows are supposed to look like. Then you can decide whether to pay $20 for the wax service. ALSO, if you come in on your birthday or birthday week, you get a free brow wax (:

on 12/29/2011 4:29:00 AM

I'm going to the Benefit Brow Bar in Berlin (Galeries Lafayette) and my brows have never looked better. I'd rather spend 31 (shaping and dye) once a month on my eyebrows than go for a professional manicure. The lady who does them is super friendly and very good, she can make the most of any brow shape (I took a friend with me once with really overplugged eyebrows and even hers look great after).
The only thing that is a bit annoying: after doing your brows, they almost insist on freshening up your makeup and always seem a little annoyed if you buy less than 2 products...so if I can I pretend to be in a hurry, so they won't redo my makeup. I give a tip but don't necessarily buy a lot of stuff I don't need.

In all great service!