BeneFit Cosmetics Brow Bar - Brow waxing/shaping services

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

3.1

on 12/17/2015 8:04:00 PM

Okay so let me begin by saying that I've gone to the benefit brow bar for about a year. The first few times I went I loved my brows. The girls did a great job and I was very satisfied. I like a thick brow with a nice arch. I went in and told this to the girl waxing my brows. At the end when she showed me them I was completely mortified. She started my eyebrow IN THE MIDDLE OF MY EYE. My eyebrow is all together around a centimeter and a half long. They're incredibly skinny and I've never felt so depressed and unconfident in my entire life. I tried drawing the other half of my eyebrow on but it looks terrible considering I'm very fair with dark eyebrows, and blonde hair. I made an appointment to get bangs, something I've never had before, simply to cover my terrible eyebrows. I'm praying they will grow back because if they don't I don't know what I'm going to do. I cried all the way home and can't even look at myself in the mirror. I went from a strong confident 17 year old girl to a girl who walks down the hallway at school with her head down and hair over her face. My friends all laughed when I showed them because it's honestly so bad. I'm sorry benefit, but I will not ever return, simply because this has been the worst experience of my life.

on 5/21/2015 1:52:00 AM

I went to Yvonne Barrie in Glasgow's braehead id over plucked for years and spent a long time growing them back in. Yvonne made me feel at ease I told her I wanted dark thick brow with an arch and that's what I got has changed the look of my face. This girl knows what she's doing love them

pros:
- nice cooling gel
- nice seating area

cons:
- (at Ulta nearest to me) brow waxers go too fast, leaving brow area irritated
- the brow shaping is MEDIOCRE
- expensive
- Benefit sells in China, so they're willing to hurt animals for profit

I love benefit brow bar. I have always gone to waxing places inside of nail salons or malls. I was always satisfied with them until i went with a friend to a Benefit inside of Macy's in northern California. OMG. I love it and will never go anywhere else. I love how they draw in exactly where your brows should be and they work from that. They even have a whole set of different tools you can use. They will even teach you how to fill in your brows for a more dramatic look. LOVE benefit.

I went to the benefit brow bar at Chadstone today. I left feeling like POOP. The girl was nice enough but was very rough - very - with the waxing and left a whole chunk of my face BRIGHT red. Seriously it looked like I painted from my eye crease to 2 cm above my brow bright red. Thank GOD I have a fringe because I looked horrible. She left the wax on my face and I had to actually ask for something to remove it. It's still on and my hair keeps getting stuck to it. The brows look fine enough but for $40 it's a flipping rip off. Not a pleasant experience. I will not return. Do not go if you have sensitive skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless you have a crazy concealer you can plaster on afterwards.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The Brow bar at Benefit is such a friendly atmosphere! The lady that did my eyebrows has been doing this for 10 years so she was very professional and a pro at eyebrows! I will definitely go back to get my eyebrows done. They look better than they ever have.. EVER. I'm so glad the brow bar wasn't a fluke. It also seems like they won't hire someone unless they have a license and a ton of experience under their belt so you know you're in good hands.. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I definitely recommend everyone to go to macy's then to the benefit brow bar counter to get their eyebrows done!!!! :) The only con i would see is that it's a little expensive.. it's $20 for a wax/shaping but they also put special moisturizers on you after the waxing and give you a little makeover so it's alot for your money...every time i look in the mirror, it proves that the money was soooo worth it!

on 2/17/2010 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I generally get my brows waxed at my nail salon and have never really had a problem. Recently I noticed that there weren't quite even and there were some gaps. While shopping at Macy's, I noticed that the brow bar was empty. The girl (makeup artist? brow expert?) was sooooo nice! She pointed out the areas that needed to be fixed and did a quick wax. She must be good- it was painless! She showed me how to fill them in and highlight under the brow. I would normally say that the price ($20.90 USD) is a little pricy compared to my nail salon ($7), but the service and results were so excellent! She even showed me how to tweeze at home so that the brow shape could last longer between waxes. She also did my makeup, which was pretty nice. I will definitely go back when I need my next wax. It's worth the money for great results and a mini makeover!

on 7/26/2009 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Ok..so I got cornered by a Benefit sales assistant and got bullied into her doing my makeup - I looked like a drag queen. Then she convinced me to get my eyebrows done. My eyebrows are quite sparse after too much plucking and she managed to talk me into going to the brow bar and getting them tinted. Which I did. It took about 20 minutes to get them shaped and waxed. After I got home and removed the hideous makeup, I examined my eyebrows and noticed that the wax job and plucking was crap, and I had to tidy it up myself! The only thing I was happy with is she managed to get my eyebrows arched nicely.
Would I use them again for my brows? Probably not, felt the 18 year old was too inexperienced in the brow department!!

UPDATE 16/08/09 - went back for my next appointment to get brows tinted, arched and plucked. Absolutely crap, got home and AGAIN had to finish the job the 'brow expert' was supposed to have done. I have lowered my score to a 1, and will not be returning.

Popular Brows Products