BeneFit Cosmetics Brow Bar - Brow waxing/shaping services

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I went to the Brow bar at Ulta on Fry St. In Katy, Tx. My husband and I are moving cross country and stopped to see family. My brow expert was KK. Al though not sure if that's the correct spelling.

Overall, a little more expensive than I've paid in the past but I'd do it again without any doubt. I walked in, very convenient, no line, described how I liked my brows shaped (natural, full, not dramatic or skinny), then how I liked them to be treated after the shaping (no heavy make up or fillers, only fill in if needed,please use brow gel, and light concealing for redness).

I was in and out of the chair at the Benefit area in 15 minutes. I had waxing done mainly, but KK tweeted and trimmed a little as needed. There was no pushing of product, although I did want to purchase brow gel and asked what she used on me because I liked it and wanted it purchase it. KK was polite and friendly, not too chatty, and asked me a few questions about things to make sure she'd do things the way I wanted.

I had a great experience and would go again, for convenience sake, especially.

pros:
- nice cooling gel
- nice seating area

cons:
- (at Ulta nearest to me) brow waxers go too fast, leaving brow area irritated
- the brow shaping is MEDIOCRE
- expensive
- Benefit sells in China, so they're willing to hurt animals for profit

on 12/30/2014 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been having my brows done for a year now by Lynette at the House of Fraser in Glasgow. She's fabulous and I recommend her. However...I've been staying with family and as I wanted a little freshen up for New Year's Eve, I made an appointment with Shona at the John Lewis in Edinburgh. Bad mistake.

Shona clearly couldn't care less about how her customers actually look. She was distracted the entire time. I explained that I just wanted a tidy up and that I liked my brows to be thick, dark and a strong look. She said "Oh yes, we like a thick brow," so I thought she knew what I was talking about it. So, fast forward ten minutes and I look in the mirror to see she has given me the tiniest, thinnest looking brows ever. There is seriously one hair for much of the tail. They look totally stupid as you can see the line where they were compared to the new look. I feel like my old primary school Maths teacher who used to draw them on. Awful, awful, awful. What is it about some people in the beauty industry who either don't listen or feel they know better? I actually burst into tears when I got home, I've been so upset at my changed appearance. It's put me off Benefit altogether as the standard of their training and employees is so widely different.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wish ULTA did not have such an attitude somexs coz I really liked the results! I had it done there once, it was $20 back then + tip & I bought Brow Zings so that set me back a ways. I always wanted to go back, but don't like the general vibe of the place, if only the people whom worked there were a bit more pleasant... :/

on 1/10/2013 8:48:00 AM

I LOVE Benefit Brow Bar....I have been having my brows done once every few months for the last year always in Leicester Debenhams, UK and by the same girl!! She does such a wonderful job every time and always makes sure the tint and wax is 100% before she does anything. I have changed from blonde to brunette a few times and she's always matched to suit the colour. My best friend is always saying how nice my eyebrows are and so next time she's coming with me!! :D

on 5/17/2012 1:12:00 PM

I live in the UK, and go to a brow bar in Debenhams. I have been to the benefit brow bar three times at the time of writing this. The first time I went was wonderful. It was my first time getting my brows done and I was really nervous but the woman talked me through what she was going to do, how she was going to do it etc. and was so nice that it made it a very pleasant experience. She was the resident brow expert and it showed. My brows ended up beautiful, thick and natural but tidier with more shape, just as I wanted them. I was pleasantly surprised at how much she listened to me as I stressed I wanted them natural, not too thin. However my next two experiences with the brow bar have been...iffy. My next appointment I had another girl and she was very friendly again, but she really overdid it despite me, again, stressing that I wanted them thick and natural. They were still nice, but not entirely what I wanted. The third time, yet another girl, my brows have ended up...very strange. They are still quite messy, and they don't seem to match. I quite like the shape, although the one brow the arch is way too sharp (yes, just the one...)

As for the process, I do like how benefit go about it. They sit you down and give you an aftercare/warning sheet to sign, then they ask what you want, before they show you a mirror and show you the points on the brow and explain what they are thinking of doing to you, and ask you if its OK. They put soothing oil on the brows, and some on your hand to test the wax temperature. The actual waxing doesn't hurt, its fairly quick and painless, although the tweezing afterwards does, although that is to be expected I think. After the one is done theyll ask for your opinion before moving on to the next, though I dont know what they expect to happen if you say you hate it- not like they can do anything about it! After both are done they massage cooling gel over the area and apply concealer to cover redness, before finally filling in the brows with brow zings. I like how they use brow zings, and the oil, wax, and cooling gel all feel nice, and smell good too. I also want to appreciate how they conceal the redness afterwards, but the brush they use is of dubious cleanliness, and they do it so half-heartedly that it ends up cakey and disgusting. I wish they wouldn't bother with that. Afterwards my skin is a bit red, and sometimes I break out but I am fairly sure thats part of the process. Its a very minor irritation which calms down after a day or so.

The second time I went they insisted on applying eye gel, blush and mascara on me...which was a bit random, but OK. They didn't make me look bad, at least.

I would recommend that if you are still curious about using the benefit brow bar, that you ask if they have a brow expert and ask to see her, and that you go with a certain amount of trepidation. It could go either way! I'm likely to go back, but I am in a love/hate with this service. I really love the process, but the results aren't always what I want. And although its not expensive, its not exactly the cheapest out there.

on 11/15/2010 9:19:00 PM

Well I didn't get mine *waxed* at a Benefit brow bar - thankfully the atrocity they created washed off. I had just gotten mine done when the Ulta opened up here with the brow bar, but I was already excited to try it out. I was in the Benefit section to buy Benefit's Brow Zings, and the SA offered to show me what it would look like on me and a free lesson on how to apply it. That sounded great, because I wanted to try out the color before buying anyway, and I wanted to see how the pros do it. What this lady did to my brows.. was awful.

First of all, she used the way wrong color on me. I have pale, very pink (cool) toned skin. She used a warm brunette shade on me which would have stood out on its own - if it didn't already because she drew WAY WAY out of the natural line of my brow. You could see my brows, with this different-color outline. To be fair my brows are naturally tougher to deal with - they grow sparsely, yet really long, and are asymmetrical. No one (including myself) can ever get them looking "great".. but usually they're within the realm of "normal". It was beyond ridiculous the way she sent me out of there. I know the checkout clerks stared at me. I looked like a clown. It was super, super obvious. How any human could fail to see this looked funny, I do not know, but especially not a supposedly trained professional.

Before you go to a brow bar all excited, look at the pictures in my profile. Do I think all Benefit employees would do this bad of a job? No, I know some of them (maybe most) do fabulous jobs. But before you go to one, make sure you've seen/heard good things about a specific individual's work, and do not just let anyone there do them. Or at least approach it with the caution you would going to any new, random place. Do not assume because it's a Benefit brow bar that all the employees are well trained and have skill.

Edit: Not sure where the "evidence" pictures went but I re-uploaded them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The Brow bar at Benefit is such a friendly atmosphere! The lady that did my eyebrows has been doing this for 10 years so she was very professional and a pro at eyebrows! I will definitely go back to get my eyebrows done. They look better than they ever have.. EVER. I'm so glad the brow bar wasn't a fluke. It also seems like they won't hire someone unless they have a license and a ton of experience under their belt so you know you're in good hands.. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I definitely recommend everyone to go to macy's then to the benefit brow bar counter to get their eyebrows done!!!! :) The only con i would see is that it's a little expensive.. it's $20 for a wax/shaping but they also put special moisturizers on you after the waxing and give you a little makeover so it's alot for your money...every time i look in the mirror, it proves that the money was soooo worth it!

Popular Brows Products