BeneFit Cosmetics Brow Bar - Brow waxing/shaping services

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

4.1

on 5/21/2015 1:52:00 AM

I went to Yvonne Barrie in Glasgow's braehead id over plucked for years and spent a long time growing them back in. Yvonne made me feel at ease I told her I wanted dark thick brow with an arch and that's what I got has changed the look of my face. This girl knows what she's doing love them

pros:
- nice cooling gel
- nice seating area

cons:
- (at Ulta nearest to me) brow waxers go too fast, leaving brow area irritated
- the brow shaping is MEDIOCRE
- expensive
- Benefit sells in China, so they're willing to hurt animals for profit

on 8/16/2014 3:30:00 AM

In Melbourne, Australia the Benefit girls do a fantastic job. Great value for money, nice and quick. Would definitely recommend to others.

I had my brows done at Sephora NAC in Singapore.

The 'brow expert' was not too friendly, but she knew what she was doing. She gave me the results I had pictured. They let you test out the wax temperature first, and there is no double-dipping of the wax, so it's sanitary! Excess strays are plucked by a very pretty looking tweezer, lol. Just tell them what you want and you should get it! For Singapore, it's not very pricey either, at $24. It's like.. 2/3 the price of the new It's Real! eyeliner, in comparison. Book your appointment beforehand (though I didn't.. I'm lucky she was free!) Overall it was amazing. I have my best brows ever now :)

PS: If you can, check out comments on the particular brow expert you are going to.. Different people are differently abled, and BeneFit isn't too choosy about who they hire, from what I understand. Either sneak to see someone's brows getting done, or ask around for the best browbar near you.

on 6/28/2014 6:18:00 PM

I went to get my brows done at the Benefit bar because I wanted them shaped perfectly for my wedding. The girl did a really good job and brought out my eyes/whole face. I bought the product she used to fill them in and practiced doing it myself. She was excellent. Denton Tx btw if anyone wants to know; at the Ulta store. I bought some other Benefit products because I liked their application and they stayed on for the long haul. I'm going to be a professional woman and need to look put together. These products do that for a decent price.

I did it in Ulta in downtown Chicago. She is nice but my eyebrows are now very skinny and the arches are not the same height...She didn't fill in my brows afterwards either. Totally disappointed and not going back.

on 10/6/2013 11:38:00 AM

I started going to the Benefit brow bar after going to the counter in Debenhams in my home town to buy Brow-zings after a traumatic waxing experience where my two brows looked like they had been taken from two different women. I spoke to one of the girls and she was really helpful, telling me to book an appointment when my brows had grown out a bit could be properly shaped and made even, and she gave me a vital tip that your brows are sisters, not twins and to never expect them to look EXACTLY the same (I know a lot of girls who stress about this but it's pretty much impossible for them to look exactly the same!). So anyway fast forward a few weeks and I went for my appointment. I was told that this wax is like a face lift, and they shape your brows to accentuate your face and make them look perfect. The girl then used a pencil to measure where each point of my brow should start and finish and put some little dots in each point with a brow pencil so she knew where to go. She tested the wax on the palm of my hand to make sure it wasn't too hot and then started. The process is really quick and much less painless than most other places I've been to, and I also like that you are sat up rather than laid down like you're in a hospital or something! The girl was really chatty too and really friendly and sweet. Once done she made sure there were no leftover hairs and tweezed out any stragglers and then showed me the brows and asked if they were ok for me. She then touched up my makeup and explained that usually you shouldn't put makeup on just after waxing as it can clog pores and cause spots, but the concealer she used was specially formulated with an anti-inflammatory and soothing agents to take down swelling and speed up the skins healing process. She also asked if I wanted any of the brow kit on or just to have a little Speed Brow on, which is like hairspray for your brows. It cost £18 for what I got, which was a wax and tint, the tint was matched perfectly and they take into account your hair colour, skint tone and eye colour. It sounds expensive but to be honest the treatment is second to none, the service is amazing and if I'm truthful, they do my eyebrows exactly how I like them, they keep the thickness and keep them lovely and defined and I have never gone anywhere else since. I've had my brows done by three different girls there, all are great but if you ever go to the brow bar in Debenhams in Middlesbrough, try to get your appointment with Danielle or Charlie as I felt my brows were best after seeing these two ladies!

on 1/10/2013 8:48:00 AM

I LOVE Benefit Brow Bar....I have been having my brows done once every few months for the last year always in Leicester Debenhams, UK and by the same girl!! She does such a wonderful job every time and always makes sure the tint and wax is 100% before she does anything. I have changed from blonde to brunette a few times and she's always matched to suit the colour. My best friend is always saying how nice my eyebrows are and so next time she's coming with me!! :D

on 5/17/2012 1:12:00 PM

I live in the UK, and go to a brow bar in Debenhams. I have been to the benefit brow bar three times at the time of writing this. The first time I went was wonderful. It was my first time getting my brows done and I was really nervous but the woman talked me through what she was going to do, how she was going to do it etc. and was so nice that it made it a very pleasant experience. She was the resident brow expert and it showed. My brows ended up beautiful, thick and natural but tidier with more shape, just as I wanted them. I was pleasantly surprised at how much she listened to me as I stressed I wanted them natural, not too thin. However my next two experiences with the brow bar have been...iffy. My next appointment I had another girl and she was very friendly again, but she really overdid it despite me, again, stressing that I wanted them thick and natural. They were still nice, but not entirely what I wanted. The third time, yet another girl, my brows have ended up...very strange. They are still quite messy, and they don't seem to match. I quite like the shape, although the one brow the arch is way too sharp (yes, just the one...)

As for the process, I do like how benefit go about it. They sit you down and give you an aftercare/warning sheet to sign, then they ask what you want, before they show you a mirror and show you the points on the brow and explain what they are thinking of doing to you, and ask you if its OK. They put soothing oil on the brows, and some on your hand to test the wax temperature. The actual waxing doesn't hurt, its fairly quick and painless, although the tweezing afterwards does, although that is to be expected I think. After the one is done theyll ask for your opinion before moving on to the next, though I dont know what they expect to happen if you say you hate it- not like they can do anything about it! After both are done they massage cooling gel over the area and apply concealer to cover redness, before finally filling in the brows with brow zings. I like how they use brow zings, and the oil, wax, and cooling gel all feel nice, and smell good too. I also want to appreciate how they conceal the redness afterwards, but the brush they use is of dubious cleanliness, and they do it so half-heartedly that it ends up cakey and disgusting. I wish they wouldn't bother with that. Afterwards my skin is a bit red, and sometimes I break out but I am fairly sure thats part of the process. Its a very minor irritation which calms down after a day or so.

The second time I went they insisted on applying eye gel, blush and mascara on me...which was a bit random, but OK. They didn't make me look bad, at least.

I would recommend that if you are still curious about using the benefit brow bar, that you ask if they have a brow expert and ask to see her, and that you go with a certain amount of trepidation. It could go either way! I'm likely to go back, but I am in a love/hate with this service. I really love the process, but the results aren't always what I want. And although its not expensive, its not exactly the cheapest out there.

on 11/19/2011 12:08:00 PM

One can't really review this service using the same metric as that for products. Results can vary wildly depending on the location and esthetician.

Before I switched over to threading, I had my brows done several times at the Brow Bar in the Pasadena, California ULTA. I was always happy with the results. Time was taken, and my brows always looked good.

On the negative side, it's quite expensive compared to neighborhood salons, and there are much fewer locations.

Popular Brows Products