BeneFit Cosmetics Brow Bar - Brow waxing/shaping services

No Image

3.3

on 8/17/2011 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've had three bizarre experiences with te Benefit Brow Bars, each one worse than the last. Will never go again.
The first time was when my Mum and I were in Sydney Myer in Chatswood. We were browsing at the MAC counter when a Sales Assistant from the opposite BBB came over to my Mum and told her she had fantastic eyebrows. She then asked whether she could tint and wax them. We thought this was a bit strange that she had come into another brand's section. Mum was flattered and said sure, if you want...? The SA took us over to the BBB and was just gushing about Mum's eyebrows and she couldn't wait to play with them.... Weird. I then asked if we would be paying seeing as she asked us. The SA told us it would cost $70 for a wax, tint and something or other!! Mum was just amazed at the audacity of her ASKING to do them and politely refused service and we walked away.
The second and third visits were at Myer Melbourne City. I went in to see if they could tint my really lackluster pale and skinny eyebrows. I told the woman I don't ever pluck them because they are so thin anyway and I use a MAC pencil to fill them. She rolled her eyes and said I needed to stop plucking them. I told her again and she just gave me a patronizing look and said they would take a few months to grow back after my over plucking! So I ignored this blatant rudeness and told her I wanted a tint to make them a bit more prominent. She said that she thought it would be a silly idea and I should just stick with product. So she sat my down and preceded to draw the most revolting drag queen, thick, almost ginger eyebrows on me. I have very cool toned skin and dark brown hair... Why would she pick a reddy colour for my brows!? She did not follow my natural shape at all and they were so over the top and artificial. I told her I really didn't like what she had done and that I prefer a more ash and natural look. She just brushed it off with a 'this is what your brows should be like and your not used to it yet.' She then refused to take it off for me, saying 'give it a few hours.' I left feeling utterly bullied and humiliated. AND with a small ginger ferret on my forehead masquerading as brows.
So a year had passed since this experience and I went in today to get a tint. I stuck to my guns and told them I just wanted a tint. So the SA sat me down and tried to sell me and my friend so many products while we waited. No I do not want to try this blush, no I do not need new concealer, no I am not interested in a spray tan! So eventually it was my turn for a tint. The woman didn't ask what colour I wanted and just started whacking on dye. When I said to her "This is a really ash brown yeah?" She said no it was a red brown! I told her I actually want a really cool brown she just said "Trust me it will look good". Well it didn't. It looked a very rich red brown and didn't suit me at all. Then she wanted to wax my very thin brows. I what would you wax? And she replies with this gem "You think a wax will get rid of hair but it's actually not going to get rid of any, so don't worry." Why would I pay for it then? At $35, for no change... Why? So she got really shitty and said "Whatever they are your brows." So she cleaned me up and filled in some of my gaps with an extremely heavy hand (which really hurt). My whole eyebrow area was bright red from all the digging and roughness so I asked for a bit of concealer (that they were trying to sell me before). She picked up a bit of translucent powder and dabbed it between my eyebrows. I asked her again if she could please use some concealer as I had to go back to work and she rolled her eyes and said "Omg I'll just get you a make up artist then shall I?" and stormed off. I said thank you to her as she walked off and she just said "Yeah," quietly- not even looking at me. What on earth?!
My friend had a good experience and her eyebrows looked good so maybe my experience was random grumpy sales assistant. But after having some bizarre experiences I will not go back.
As we were leaving and paying, another SA who was there was smirking and talking about us to the SA I had. She said to me "What? You don't like them!" and I said "No, they are good!" but she just gave my SA a sly smile and took my card.
I really prize customer service and it's what keeps me going back somewhere. When the SA have their own shit going on, I don't want to know. I do not want to deal with your attitude. Don't bring it to work. Its not about you, it's about my brows!
Never again Benefit!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I went for the first time a few days ago, and they did a great job! I'm really pleased. My brows are actually pretty boring, they don't have any big arches or anything, and she showed me the best way to work with what I have.

$25 AU isn't too bad, and I can always touch them up myself in between sessions if I'm short on cash, but I'll definitely be going back!

on 3/26/2009 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am so grateful for the waxing service at the Benefit counter. I have battle with my bushy eyebrows for years. I've gone to many salons that charge just as much and my eyebrows always looked the same. A few months ago i finally decided to take a chance with Benefit and I'm so glad that i did. The lady took her time and my brows look wonderful now. I haven't gone back because i can pluck and trim them myself now (The waxing lady was nice enough to show me how to trim them) :)

Popular Brows Products