Darphin Intral Balm

No Image

4.4

Water\aqua\eau, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tridecyl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa (Peony) Root Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Crataegus Monogina Flower Extract, Panthenol, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/hexacaprate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Glycosaminoglycans, Acrylates/c10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cholesterol/potassium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmitic Acid, Dimethiconol, Phytosphingosine, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate, Sodium Stearate, Tocopherol, Tetrasodium Edta, Hydroxycitronellal, Fragrance (Parfum), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

on 3/13/2017 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Years ago, when I was young and foolish, I made the very unwise decision to follow a series of peels and dermabrasion with copious amounts of retinol and harsh creams (it's possible sun & salt water was also involved). In any event, my skin-care obsession was at its height at the time and I fortunately had a multitude of healing products at my disposal, one of which was Darphin's Intral balm.
I had purchased it because, as a redhead ppp prone to redness, dehydration and sensitivity, it seemed like a perfect product for me. However, I was still in my early thirties at the time and my skin was generally balanced. For that reason, I failed to see results the first time I used it and sent it to the back of my overfilled medicine cabinet.
After the aforementioned skincare disaster, I went straight for the usual Aquaphor (which simply smothered my overheated skin and did nothing to hydrate or heal), and Cetaphil (which actually STUNG...that tells you what shape I was in). Fortunately, I finally remembered the Darphin & dragged it back out. That was a life-changing moment.

Intral balm was quite literally the only thing that not only didn't sting, but actually felt soothing. It created an Aquaphor-like barrier against the painful elements battering my parched face. That was in itself was a miracle, but it gets better. In contrast to the thick, shiny gunk that is Aquaphor, which only left my skin feeling smothered and looking ridiculous, Intral was a delicately scented soft, buttery balm that melted right in and left a strong, (yet invisible & breathable) barrier. Best of all, by the next day my skin had healed and my visage was once again rosy, dewy and bright.

The aforementioned experience happened years ago (when I could afford to regularly buy high-end skincare), and I do not remember the exact ingredients in this balm. All I know is that they WORK! After moving several times during a tumultuous period of my life, I found my old jar of Darphin. Although most reasonable people would toss it, I couldn't bear to do so and instead mixed in a bit of colloidal silver and some fresh essential oils. The balm now works as good as new and still feels & smells like heaven! Now that I'm in my forties, I find myself reaching for products like Intral far too often and typically use a balm, oil or moisturizer every night over serum and/or retinol. Between the three, I definitely prefer the latter; however, balms are a specialty item not made by most skincare companies. Decleor has some fabulous formulations as well, but while I am a fan, there's something special about Darphin. If I had to pick one skincare line to use for the rest of my life, it would definitely be at the top of my list.

on 6/24/2016 8:08:00 AM

UPDATE: Okay, I can't live without this stuff. When I am out of this, my skin looks just blah and awful and dry. This makes it feel and look so nourished, soft and smooth, it's also amazing around my eye area and makes concealer look so much better over it. Have already re purchased 5 times! Never going to be without this again!

Nice balm. I was using this as a night cream to seal in moisture. It felt quite nourishing. I would use a ton to really massage it in, sometimes twice during the pm. I don't think this did anything for redness, but I don't really have any, so I can't comment on that.
It squirts out like party string spray.
Retails for about 41 euros in Greece and I had it for a while even though I was using a lot at one go.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This balm is worth every penny. I get constant redness between my eyebrows and putting this balm on at night has shut that down. It eliminates dry, flaky patches effectively and heals chemical peel or depilatory irritation. It is pricey but a jar lasts forever because you need so little.

on 5/17/2012 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My review is for the Intral Soothing Cream. It is HG material. It is a nice lightweight yet extremely moisturizing cream. It comes in a pink tube, which is amazing for travel purposes AND the sanitary angle. It sinks into your skin almost immediately and has the faintest smell of roses! I cannot rave about this cream enough- only wish I'd found it months ago.

The ingredient list is packed ( as all expensive creams are for some reason?), but the irritant constituents seem very low in comparison to EL, Chanel, Clarins and Clinique. Quite expensive at $70, but it'll definitely last 4 months at least. That's probably my only con about this cream.

For your reference, my skin in normal to dry ( and has been acting up a bit this spring thanks to all the pollens and allergens) A definite stape in my makeup bag/medicine cabinet!

on 2/16/2012 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I bought this after reading the reviews on MUA and I'm so glad I did. My skin gets really dry in the winter, almost so much I can't use my retinol daily. I also have extremely sensitive skin prone to rosacea. I have eczema as well. I struggle with diffused redness across my nose and cheeks, and although it's getting better with IPL treatments, I need a moisturizer that works to soothe my skin, reduce redness, and moisturize. Intral balm does the job perfectly. It doesn't break me out, I just make sure to use a small amount and warm it between my fingers before applying. I also layer this over the camomile oil from Darphin, with I also love. Overall, I'm very impressed. It's been about 2-3 weeks and my skin is no longer irritated or dry. The redness is controlled, and my skin feels calmer throughout the day. I love the scent as well.
06/10/2013 - EDIT - I have to take off one lippie here, as this balm doesn't hydrate enough for me. I think it made for protecting the skin from outside elements while soothing, but doesn't really moisturize and aid in hydration. I still use it, but it has to be either on top of the darphin oil or another moisturizer.

on 1/9/2012 5:23:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is for Intral redness relief recovery balm. It`s for dry skin and mine is more dehydrated/normal to comb. Maybe that is why it didn`t give enough hydration and left my skin feeling dry. I warmed it in my hands and applied; it`s very thick. The vanilla-like scent is too much and doesn`t fade unlike the fragrance in Elemis pro-collagen and oxygenating night cream. I still used it on and off for few monts. Last drop was when the smell starded giving me a headache every time and finally swollen red eyelids. I did not put it near my eyes. I didn`t see it doing anything in calming down redness either. My bad, I should have sampled this 1st and not trusted SA. I hoped it would have been a cheaper night cream replacement for Elemis. I have given low ratings for sc that has broken me out, right or wrong, so I continue doing that.

on 8/18/2011 1:54:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

A great balm from a wonderful line of products. Just be sure to warm up the balm in your fingertips before application. This product is best used at night for those with normal to combination skin, as it's a bit too heavy for me during the day. I've also used a little bit on my lips as a lip salve and it works wonderfully.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I totally love this balm.
I have problem with SUPER dry skin every winter. There is no way i can apply even make up.I am on Retin-A from 4 years and every winter i have to use the Retin-A every other night as my skin is really dry.I have tried many creams ( Nivea, La Mer , Dr.Hauschka, Clarins ans so on ) that help with sensitive/dry skin but nothing help as much as the intral balm.I normally use it every other night OR if my skin is really bad , i would use as many nights is needed , then get back to Retin-A.I also use it AM under make up on any dry/red areas.Never get any spots from it and i love the smell. I definitely recommend this for very dry sensitive skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product is called Redness Relief Recovery Balm and its from the Intral line. It's quite thick and I think it's great for ppl with sensitive/dry skin/eczema to use during the winter months. I noticed my skin getting smoother, less red and itchy after about 2.5-3 weeks of use. The price tag is kinda high, but since it worked, I am not complaining too much. On top of that, it's in a nice plastic tube, so unlike other higher end moisturizers that come in glass bottles, this one is easy to travel with.

Very good product, I was just going trough breakout stage and needed to calm a skin, it did a trick, it is a bit thick but for my dry sensitive skin it goes well and it does not leave it shiny daytime, price was an issue $96, but it worth it