Mentholatum Skin Aqua UV Moisture Milk SPF50 PA+++

Filtered by hair type : Straight
 Mentholatum Skin Aqua UV Moisture Milk SPF50 PA+++
Mentholatum Skincare UV Moisture Milk SPF50+ PA+++Mentholatum Skincare UV Moisture Milk PackagingSkin Aqua UV Moisture Milk SPF 50+ PA++++Mentholatum Skin Aqua UV Moisture Milk SPF50 PA+++

4.3

water, cyclopentasiloxane,, octinoxate, zinc oxide, isonoyl isononanoate, polymethylsilsesquioxane, BG, glycerin, silica, lauroyl lysine, sodium hyaluronate, hydrolyzed collagen, panthenol, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, dipotassium glycyrrhizinate, tocopheryl acetate, diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate, acrylates/dimethicone copolymer, triethoxylsilylethyl polydimethylsiloxyethyl hexyl dimethicone, acrylates/polytrimethyl siloxymethacrylate copolymer,, lauryl PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl diomethicone, EDTA-2Na, methylparaben, propylparaben.

This very affordable sunscreen has a runny-liquid texture, very lightweight and can be absorbed easily by skin. It apparently doesn't contain any fragrance, not drying or irritating, but then again my skin is not sensitive and never badly-reacting to any products before, so I still suggest to those who have sensitive skin to do a patch test first. It doesn't leave a white cast even with a flash photography at night. The product comes in a light plastic bottle that is quite handy for travelling.

I have a combination skin, it tends to get very oily around the T-zone several hours after I wash my face/put my make up on, but it doesn't feel greasy or worsen the oil at all unlike my L'Oreal sunscreen. I always slather my Cetaphil moisturizer underneath it by the way.

I have been using this for 2 months only so I can't really say much about it's sun protecting properties. However, I noticed that it kind of does what it claimed on the back of the bottle: being a makeup base. I never use a primer up until now, but since I used it, I noticed that it created a smoother skin surface that makes makeup-applying process easier and foundation more blend-able. It didn't fade/melt off/get cakey as fast as usual, except when it was very hot outside or when I sweat a lot (I live in Indonesia where the weather is very humid throughout the year). But come on, at the end of the day it's not a primer anyway.

I would totally repurchase this :)

on 5/13/2015 2:00:00 PM

I really wanted to like this sunscreen -- alcohol free // fragrance free // no white cast BUT...

... I tested the pH of this and it was about an 8 -- way too alkaline for the face.

Will not repurchase.

on 5/13/2015 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

a very good easily absorbed sunscreen. doesnt leave a whitecast. dries in a few mins. natural finish. not drying at all although not very hydrating either. suitable for all skin types. great as a makeup base. fragrance free. waterproof. feels very lightweight. has both physical and chemical uv filters. only downside: it contains both physical (zinc oxide) and mineral (octinoxate, uvinul a plus) uv filters. still one of my favorite sunscreens for now.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one awesome sunscreen.
When applied in the full recommended amount, it seems like an oily mess. At first I thought this was awful. But after a few minutes it miraculously dries down to a semi-matte, slightly powdery (but not drying) finish.

It leaves no white cast and is so thin that it's very easy to spread evenly.
Also works great under makeup. It doesn't make my pores look huge like the regular greasy sunscreens and it doesn't ball up or peel or flake of when I apply foundation over it.

I'm already on my second bottle and wil definitely repcurchase it again.
I was somewhat confused by all the different versions that they have, but this is mine: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/z/VFEAAOxyTMdTKXI5/$_12.JPG

The great thing is that it doesn't contain alcohol, which dries me out and irritates my skin.
Also, it didn't break me out or cause any dry patches.
I've worn it throughout the Mediterranean summer and it protected my skin very well.

on 12/1/2009 2:16:00 AM

Wow, this is my HG sunscreen for face, as I wear it everyday now. For body, I use Neutrogena SPF85 (too greasy on face). I've been wearing this for a month now, and no breakouts! (Sometimes I sleep with it on & it doesn't clog poes.) The texture is very watery and runny, which makes it a little difficult to apply. But to prevent from wasting product, I squeeze it directly at my face, 2 spots on the cheeks, one on the forehead, a line along the nose, and one on the chin and upper lip. Like applying moisturizer, I spread it evenly on my face. This doesn't leave my face greasy or oily at all, in fact it doesn't feel as if I'm wearing sunscreen. Very lightweight! Which is kinda a problem at the beginning because I forget which area I applied it on, then I reapply on the area again. So that's why I apply it directly now, instead of squeezing it on to my hands, then spreading it on the face.

Rated 3 for packaging because the bottle is small.

on 5/29/2009 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Mentholatum SunPlay Skincare UV Moisture Milk SPF50+ PA+++ has a runny, milky-gel texture that is moisturizing and dries matte. It is not at all sticky and does not leave a white cast or streaks. It's also fragrance-free and fairly waterproof. No sensitivity or breakouts, either! Since my skin is dry, I like that it is much *less* drying than other Japanese sunscreens. I would not recommend this for those with very oily skin.

The bottle is 42 grams (40 mL) for about US$11 from sasa.com (not including shipping), which I find to be very reasonably priced. (Be warned, though, that shipping from sasa.com takes awhile!) The bottle is small, with a twist-off cap and a nozzle applicator. There are mixing balls inside to (presumably) disperse the mineral filters evenly.

I've tried to obtain ingredients from the company, but have received no response. Thus, I am not certain what the specific sunscreen filters are (there seems to be a discrepancy regarding ingredients). It does contain antioxidants, which is nice.

I really ♥ the texture and finish of this sunscreen. My makeup goes on so beautifully, and my face is not shiny at all! Unfortunately, my skin is *very* prone to pigmentation, and I have a small patch of melasma from when I was on BCP. I used this suncreen for about three weeks in May, and I think my patch is becoming darker. :( Sadly, I won't be using this in the summer. I may try using it in the winter when the sun has set by the time I leave work.

Since it is PA+++, the PPD is at least 8. Many people are fine with this, so if you're one of those lucky ones, I encourage you to try this as it is a very lovely sunscreen. However, I do not recommend it for those who are very prone to pigmentation (like me). continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

EDIT 24 FEB '09: Still loving this! I use it every day. I have found further info on the active ingredients and have posted this below.

This is a Japanese sunscreen that I've been using for a couple of weeks now and I think this is The One. I was a big fan of Shiseido SPF55 Lotion but was finding it a little too drying on my skin in cooler months. I have been looking for something similar to the Shiseido that will still mattify my face (I get a really oily t-zone) but won't make it feel tight and uncomfortable. This one is meeting all my requirements and I'm really excited about it!

The texture is similar to other Japanese sunscreens I've tried - a pale, runny milk. This is sweat/water resistant, fragrance free and alcohol free. This works really well under my makeup and keeps my skin matte yet comfortable all day.

The packaging is an attractive pale blue plastic bottle with small nozzle to help you control how much product comes out. The cap seems quite secure and I could see this travelling well. I paid approximately AUD$14 for 42g at www.sasa.com and I think this is a good price.

Verdict: Excellent. This is everything I require in a sunscreen! If your skin is combination with some sensitivity or dryness, I would recommend this to you.

I'm no expert on sunscreen so I will refer you to a post on the skincare board by Haruka about the acitve ingredients: http://www.makeupalley.com/m_78623470

Haruka also kindly translated the ingredients list and I will post that here for reference:

This is the description of the product on Sasa:
--Light sunscreen moisture milk which protects and hydrates skin against harmful sunlight
--Contains effective moisturizing ingredients, Hyaluronic acid and Collagen, which help keep skin soft and moisturized even after long hours of sunlight
--Enriched with carrot extract, Vitamin B1,B2 and C, to maintain smooth and healthy skin
--Effective protection against harmful UVA and UVB
--Low irritation, suitable for daily outdoor activities

ETA: I found this ingredients list at this Cosmetics Ingredients Collection blog:
It varies slightly from the above and am posting it here for you to make up your own mind... See below

Active ingredients:
Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate 6.48%
Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate 0.72%
Zinc Oxide 5.94%

Other ingredients:
Water, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Tocopherol Acetate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Cyclopentasiloxane/Silica/Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone/Methicone/Triethoxysilyethyl Polydimethyl Siloxyethyl Hexyl Dimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate (and) Cyclopentasiloxane,Triethylhexanoin, Panthenol