Mentholatum Skin Aqua UV Moisture Milk SPF50 PA+++

Mentholatum Skin Aqua UV Moisture Milk SPF50 PA+++
Mentholatum Skincare UV Moisture Milk SPF50+ PA+++Mentholatum Skincare UV Moisture Milk PackagingSkin Aqua UV Moisture Milk SPF 50+ PA++++Mentholatum Skin Aqua UV Moisture Milk SPF50 PA+++

4.2

water, cyclopentasiloxane,, octinoxate, zinc oxide, isonoyl isononanoate, polymethylsilsesquioxane, BG, glycerin, silica, lauroyl lysine, sodium hyaluronate, hydrolyzed collagen, panthenol, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, dipotassium glycyrrhizinate, tocopheryl acetate, diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate, acrylates/dimethicone copolymer, triethoxylsilylethyl polydimethylsiloxyethyl hexyl dimethicone, acrylates/polytrimethyl siloxymethacrylate copolymer,, lauryl PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl diomethicone, EDTA-2Na, methylparaben, propylparaben.

This very affordable sunscreen has a runny-liquid texture, very lightweight and can be absorbed easily by skin. It apparently doesn't contain any fragrance, not drying or irritating, but then again my skin is not sensitive and never badly-reacting to any products before, so I still suggest to those who have sensitive skin to do a patch test first. It doesn't leave a white cast even with a flash photography at night. The product comes in a light plastic bottle that is quite handy for travelling.

I have a combination skin, it tends to get very oily around the T-zone several hours after I wash my face/put my make up on, but it doesn't feel greasy or worsen the oil at all unlike my L'Oreal sunscreen. I always slather my Cetaphil moisturizer underneath it by the way.

I have been using this for 2 months only so I can't really say much about it's sun protecting properties. However, I noticed that it kind of does what it claimed on the back of the bottle: being a makeup base. I never use a primer up until now, but since I used it, I noticed that it created a smoother skin surface that makes makeup-applying process easier and foundation more blend-able. It didn't fade/melt off/get cakey as fast as usual, except when it was very hot outside or when I sweat a lot (I live in Indonesia where the weather is very humid throughout the year). But come on, at the end of the day it's not a primer anyway.

I would totally repurchase this :)

on 5/25/2016 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My skin darkened first day of using, not cool when I am trying to treat hyperpigmentation.

Although, nice skin feel after some of the silicones dry, no shine, no immediate irritation and best of all no white cast. But it doesn't work.

To Read all 25 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/13/2015 2:00:00 PM

I really wanted to like this sunscreen -- alcohol free // fragrance free // no white cast BUT...

... I tested the pH of this and it was about an 8 -- way too alkaline for the face.

Will not repurchase.

on 5/13/2015 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

a very good easily absorbed sunscreen. doesnt leave a whitecast. dries in a few mins. natural finish. not drying at all although not very hydrating either. suitable for all skin types. great as a makeup base. fragrance free. waterproof. feels very lightweight. has both physical and chemical uv filters. only downside: it contains both physical (zinc oxide) and mineral (octinoxate, uvinul a plus) uv filters. still one of my favorite sunscreens for now.

on 4/21/2015 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Combo-oily, sensitive (among others, my skin takes the habit of breaking out in hives when it doesn't like something I eat or put on my skin), SD/PD-prone. OSPW. Fitzpatrick IV. Freckles and PIH from hives.

I used this a few years back since it was so cheap back in my homecountry and I just learned the importance of sunscreen in my routine.
It's a white liquid that feels very silicone-y. It has high shine and feels quite greasy upon application, but dries down fairly fast with no whitecast. It left my skin looking pretty shiny but leaning more towards dewy. It wear very comfortably, adequately hydrating and slightly moisturizing.

It also acts greatly as a primer. I wore this under Lucy Minerals powder foundation and people would compliment me for how great and smooth looking my skin is. They just blend together amazingly. I used to even wear this with just concealer or loose setting powder and my skin still looked great.

Unfortunately, this doesn't have the best protection as I see my freckles were just as strong as always. In fact, I got a few more during the time I was wearing this.

Even worse, ever since my skin started acting up more by being SD-prone, this no longer agrees with my skin (thanks to cyclopentasiloxane). It made my SD-prone areas looked like they have patched of floating dry skin (I really don't know how I can make that making any sense; fellow SD-prone people would understand) and it flared up my SD and PD.

For sunscreen newbie who don't have such finicky skin as I do, this would be awesome for daily city use (mostly indoor). Ergo, 4 stars.

P.S.: The one I used is the one being sold in Indonesia. It has slightly different ingredients list, having the ingredients in different orders, but still with the same actives.

UPDATE:
the other user commented saying it has a ph of 8.This sunscreen contains zinc oxide which needs to be at a more basic/higher ph (7-8) or it wont work.Acidic sunscreens that contain physical sunacreen actives do not work!
This is still pa+++ and once ive finished my 2 bottles ill go on the hunt for a new sunscreen thats on par with this but with a higher pa rating!

I've switched to this suncreen after I found out my Neutrogena ultra sheer pure mild one has this incredibly irritating ingredient! (I am super sensitive~) - I almost used that up so i went ahead and bought this one :)

Skin type:Dry&Sensitive (tend to get dry on the cheeks and chin area,and a bit below the chin area,too.).

-A bit of a genetic thingy going on where I sweat really quickly esp my t zone (not oily,just,..I dunno its genetic my dad has it too XD) So I need my sunscreen to quickly set in before i sweat it all off for it to even start working!

Pros:
-cheap,available almost anywhere here.
-doesn't irritate sensitive skin
-no breakouts etc :)
-glides on smoothly,NO WHITE CAST AT ALL!
-cute and hygienic packaging.travel-friendly (not that i travel a lot XD) but yeah XD
-Moisturizing yes but dry skin peeps like me still need to put a moisturizer beneath this :)
-Dries to a matte finish!

Cons:
-For the mean time,none! :D

This shall be a staple and is a holy grail product for me! I will repurchase over and over again.btw been using this for about 3 weeks or a month?

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one awesome sunscreen.
When applied in the full recommended amount, it seems like an oily mess. At first I thought this was awful. But after a few minutes it miraculously dries down to a semi-matte, slightly powdery (but not drying) finish.

It leaves no white cast and is so thin that it's very easy to spread evenly.
Also works great under makeup. It doesn't make my pores look huge like the regular greasy sunscreens and it doesn't ball up or peel or flake of when I apply foundation over it.

I'm already on my second bottle and wil definitely repcurchase it again.
I was somewhat confused by all the different versions that they have, but this is mine: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/z/VFEAAOxyTMdTKXI5/$_12.JPG

The great thing is that it doesn't contain alcohol, which dries me out and irritates my skin.
Also, it didn't break me out or cause any dry patches.
I've worn it throughout the Mediterranean summer and it protected my skin very well.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I've been using this sunscreen for about 3 years now, and it's never disappointed me. It has a light, milky, slightly oily texture that dries to a soft and powdery finish within moments of applying on my skin. It works well as a make-up base, and doesn't exacerbate dryness. I don't notice it on my face once I've applied and put all my make-up on, and I've had no problems with it breaking me out. I have to admit that I have betrayed it occasionally, running off to try other brands of sunscreen when I was too lazy to order from Sasa.com, but I keep coming back to it. This is my perfect sunscreen.

on 12/5/2013 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

FYI: this review is for the one in the pink bottle. it says "SUNPLAY SKIN AQUA UV moisture Milk spf 50+" i believe it's the same product as the one in pictures on this page just new packaging..

this stuff is GOD SENT. I hadn't had much luck with U.S. sunscreens and I knew asia takes sun protection more seriously and had better sunscreens. The first one I tried is Biore Perfect Face UV milk which I do love but considering that my skin isn't oily, I love it for when it's very hot and humid or when it's hot and I'm expecting to be in the sun a lot that I would be sweating and I would still like for my makeup to stay on. So basically I love that SS for vacations in hot weather or maybe camping. I wouldn't use that as an everyday SS because of the drying effect and I don't feel comfortable putting alcohol on my skin everyday anyways.

I found this Mentholatum SS when i was looking for an alcohol-free japanese SS and it's everything I've wanted in a SS. I would say it is more lightweight than the Biore perfect face but no drying effect either, just very comfortable and light moisture. I can't even think of another product I have that feels as lightweight as this. The texture is like slippery water with no powdery feeling on the dry down as Biore. Wears wonderfully under makeup, as if it wasn't there at all. I'm not sure if it acts as a primer as the Biore one can because I don't have any kind of problem with my foundation staying on (unlike EltaMD UV Clear which seemed to melt in the presence of sunlight). I'm in love. I definitely want to use this forever.

on 1/26/2013 11:41:00 PM

i got this stuff from a supermarket and its cheap also. when i apllied on my face it feels light, no greasy, my cheeks feel so smooth, and no white cast at all. i use this sunscreen everyday, after couple of days there is no break out on me. my sensitive skin no more getting red after activity under sun light. i really love this sunscreen, definitely yes for repurchasing.