Aesop Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm

Aesop Resurrection Aromatique  Hand Balm

4.2

Water (Aqua), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Cedrus Atlantica (Cedarwood) Bark Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Juice, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Disodium EDTA

on 7/30/2017 10:05:00 AM

As a moisturiser, there are far better products out there. I have to constantly reapply this in winter (about once every 2 hrs) as it's too light and washes off easily without any lasting effects (as opposed to L'Occitane and Origins hand creams, which help to soften skin even after one wash).

However, as a well marketed and branded product, nothing compares to this. It smells great and looks great. The shopping experience is equally great. You see it in select restaurants and cafes in the pump bottle form, which makes it even more acclaimed and chic. So of course you want to have the same stuff at home - that's part of the appeal.

The price is a quite high, but it does last a while. I would buy this again, but probably only to use in summer, when hydration is not critical.

As some others have mentioned, the metal tube doesn't travel well. I carry mine around in a zip lock bag, after it covered a whole pocket of a backpack that I used on a trip earlier in the year.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I just purchased my second tube. I love the scent, and I usually have no issues rubbing the balm into my hands, other than the occasional remnants of oil. Best for me right after washing my hands with not completely dry skin. The packaging is probably the biggest downside, as the small metal container does bend and eventually break based on use. I keep mine in my work desk, and have a small container to carry some around in, but I have friends who have broken theirs and ended up with the balm on their personal items from carrying it in purses, so beware of that. The price is a bit much for the average person just for hand balm, but it does last. (I'm still working on my first tube, purchased about 7 or 8 months ago and have plenty to spare.)

on 3/28/2016 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this hand cream on and off for years; the last two tubes I received were gifts from people who knew how much I liked this hand cream.
The balm comes in a 75ml metal tube. The metal tube can be somewhat impractical when bounced around in a handbag for weeks/months (it can split and ooze out which is annoying). It's a reasonably thick, herbal-smelling cream which nourishes and protects my hands and nails. My male friends love this and always ask what smells so good when I put this on. It isn't greasy and sinks into the skin quickly. I find I don't need a whole lot of product each time. The tube I used up recently lasted me just over a year so it's also quite economical.
The 75ml tube costs AU$29 which I think is well priced given how long a tube lasted.
If I don't keep getting this given to me as a gift then I'd repurchase.

on 8/30/2015 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best Hand balm ever. I have tried a lot and this is by far the best. Not greasy but very nourishing. It really makes a difference.

on 7/18/2015 11:58:00 AM

beautiful smelling, citrus scent hand cream. very luxurious, lovely pump bottle which is reusable. nice and thick consistency, does not leave an oily film in hands. quite expensive for what it is, i found it absorbed very quickly but didnt leave hands hydrated compared to other hand creams (neutrogena, l'occitane, palmers...). there are much better creams out there for a fraction of the price. will not repurchase.

on 5/12/2015 9:51:00 PM

Mostly hype.

Highly overrated as a moisturiser.

Its fifth ingredient is alcohol which is dehydrating.

It also contains lavendar oil which is a known to be cytotoxic (kills skin cells on contact)

Smells amazing. But 5 mins after you apply it hands are straight back to dry. There are way more effective moisturisers out there.

Packaging also leaves a bit to be desired, ink scratches off and the screw top collects dried product.

The smell is divine- very zesty and reviving! My skin felt soft and lovely after using this! Only downside; it's quite expensive...

on 10/25/2012 8:45:00 AM

I love this product. My hand are soft like baby hands when I use it. The more I use it, the better (softer, paler, younger) my hands are. I love the smell. It is quite strong, but not intoxicating. I prefer a 500ml bottle because it has a pump and it makes the use hygienic.

Will I buy it again? I already purchased 2 x 500ml bottles:)

on 5/18/2012 5:03:00 PM

The scent on this hand balm is so refreshing (mandarin ring, rosemary leaf, and cedarwood atlas). It's very different from other hand creams/balms in the market since it doesn't strike you as being overtly feminine or masculine in nature.

Best part of this is that it's absorbed really quickly and doesn't leave as much of an oily feeling like all the other hand creams I've tried. At the same time, it manages to moisturise my skin more than other creams I've tried. (I've had a dry patch of skin on the back of my hand for a while, and other hand creams didn't really do much for it. This one does.)

My only quibble would be that for the price, I would have expected slightly better packaging. It comes in a metal tube which is really sturdy, but if you've been keeping it for a while, sometimes the bent corners of the tube start to crack and the hand balm leaks out. It's a fairly large tube (75ml), so it also takes up space in my bag. It would have been nice if Aesop made smaller tubes of these...

I love the citrus scent of this hand cream (main reason why I bought it). I also love that it's non greasy, even though it doesn't moisturize that well. I don't mind re-applying it throughout the day.

I also found that the 75ml tube is a bit big to carry around, so I've decanted some into a small container.

Will definitely repurchase!