Philosophy Spicy Pear Cobbler 3-in-1

No Image

3.0

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I got a small bottle of this in a gift set, and out of all the scents I think this smells the worst. I was thinking that it would smell like a fresh pear, but it doesn't even smell like that to me. It just stinks, smells weird. I'm not sure what a pear cobbler is supposed to smell like, but this isn't it. I wouldn't buy this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I was expecting something else! They should just call it pear, because that's all it smells like. I was thinking it would have a little more spice or foody/pie crust scent going on, but no- only pears = / .

on 10/27/2008 8:09:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Eh, this is okay. I bought it without smelling it fully because Nordstrom had only gotten 2 in so there was no tester. I usually like pear smells, and when I opened the bottle at home and took a whiff, I thought, "Jackpot!" It's pear with a spicy undertone, but IMO not a very strong scent. That first time I used it, it smelled like pears (good), but after that, I found there's a kind of plasticy, off scent (bad), and it makes me feel a bit nauseous (kind of like the "eggnog" 3-in-1). Staying power is like other 3-in-1's (thank goodness) and doesn't linger on skin, and it lathers very well. Can I also mention that it's a bit disconcerting to put a glob of bright opaque green gel on a bath pouf, even if it's only green for a second? I understand green=pear, but it's a little discombobulating.

Squeamishness aside, I'll use up what I have, but I wouldn't buy a backup.

on 11/11/2008 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a good spiced pear scented gel but I'm knocking a lippy off as I can't detect any of the bakery notes I expected from the cobbler and it does have a slight artificial/pot pourri fragrance. As for most of the Philosophy 3 in 1's the scent does not linger on your skin and is only really noticeable in the bath or shower. I'm happy to use the big bottle that I have - especially nice in the Autumn and cooler months - but will probably not repurchase.

on 11/22/2008 2:45:00 PM

I do detect some spicy notes, albeit faint, in this but I do think it could use a little more ooooooomph...it's more plain pear than anything else (if that makes sense). That said, I do enjoy it a lot as I'm a big fan of Pear and a big fan of 3-in-1's in general...I must add that the Spicy Pear Cobbler Lip Shine rocks the house--one of my favorites for this year :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

yummy! you can't beat a year's worth of shower gel for 16 bucks. They are always yummy.