Avalon Organics Hand and Body Lotion -Lemon

No Image

4.5

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice(1), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil(1), Stearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil(1), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Litsea Cubeba Fruit Oil, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract(1), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract(1), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract(1), Allantoin, Arginine, Beta-Glucan, Bisabolol, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Potassium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Alcohol(1), Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citral, Limonene, Linalool. (1)Certified Organic Ingredient

I am a fickle consumer and rarely buy the same product more than once. I have bought three bottles of this lotion. It is perfect in every way. The lotion is cooling, a little soft and moist and is absorbed quickly. The fragrance is more of an essential oil lemon (which I dinged the Watkins Lemon Hand Cream, smelling of fake lemon frosting). The lotion lasts a long time on my hands and it comes in a convenient pump bottle. The downside is $10 a bottle is a little pricey for me. Every time I think I get a bargain, though, I regret it and wish I'd spent more and gotten this instead. I hate the term holy grail... but this is definitely the gold standard by which all other lotions will be based.

on 6/2/2016 11:08:00 AM

What happened to this lemon line from Avalon? This used to have the best, fresh lemon scent. Not "foody", mixed with vanilla, bordering on lemongrass or lemon cleaner-ish. It was just a lively, fresh lemon essential oil/ true lemons scent. However, the last time I bought the lotion, shower gel and hand soap, the scent was different. It's more like slightly rotting fruit now? I checked the ingredient list, and sure enough it now says grapefruit, lime, orange and lemon oils are added, rather than just lemon like before. Why would they mess with a good thing? The lotion is light and fast absorbing, and a decent price, but I'm going to spend a little more now for C.O. Bigelow since they ruined this one. What a shame :(

on 4/16/2015 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Oh the scent! It's heavenly! So lemony but not too acidic or tart or overpowering. Definitely not subtle, either. It absorbs fast and isn't greasy or oily. L O V E. It's a bit pricy but worth the splurge.

I like this one, I have actually had it for a very long time and have almost used up my bottle. It still has a fresh lemony verbena scent, even though it is probably four years old or so. I like the packaging, the pump bottle is convenient. The only bad thing is when you get near the bottom, it is difficult to get the last bit out because it is on the thicker side and you have to shake it out quite a lot to get any product. This lotion is not at all greasy, but if you get too much it can have a bit of a waxy feel if that makes sense. The smell is non offensive and not super strong. I think most people like lemon.

on 7/17/2010 9:21:00 PM

I'm a big fan of lemon, citrus, verbena scented products. This lotion is first rate both in scent and moisturizing. Depending on where you use it the scent will last longer than most lotions. It's refreshing, purely lemon without smelling sweet or cloying.

on 5/13/2010 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I should start by saying that I am looking for a good lemon scented lotion. Most lemon scents smell like cleaning products on me, and this one is no exception.

That said, I do like the lotion formula--it's moisturizing without being greasy. I also like the pump packaging. I'd buy the lotion in other scents, just not this one.

This is my HG lotion, and I have bought every lotion known to man to try to moisterize my super dry skin without leaving a nasty feeling on my hands. I bought this at Walmart for about $10.50 and it was at Whole Foods for $7.50. Go figure. BUT, it's better than Curel, Mary Kay Satin Hands, Aveeno, etc. There is just no comparison. I also had a spot on my palm of my skin peeling off due to chemical cleaners, and after a couple of weeks of using this daily, it is almost gone. I'm thrilled and the scent is not annoying but refreshing, even to the husband who hates purfmed lotion. But this and you won't regret it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like the scent of this, it's more of a sweet lemon smell like lemonade. It takes a little longer to sink into the skin than some other lotions (it's quite thick) but once it does it's an effective moisturizer. I ordered this from Vitacost and the pump from the bottle was damaged when it got here so the packaging may not be the best quality, but I really do like the lotion.

on 6/7/2009 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

love it, its very moisturizing and once its on my skin it reminds me of lemon pez candy. its a delicious scent for summer. scent doesn't last very long though but thats ok

on 11/3/2008 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

My husband and I both love this product! I love lemon and other citrus scents and thought this smelled like lemon candy or pie; my husband initially thought this smelled like lemon dishwasher soap but then changed his mind and decided he liked it. I love how this product uses natural fragrances which do not bother my allergies like most synthetic fragrances!

This lotion also soaks in quickly and does not leave your skin feeling greasy for very long, and it does a good job moisturizing. My husband even loves it for his mild eczema!

My only complaint is that since it is paraben-free it goes bad quickly (after a few months the scent starts changing). So I recommend buying the smallest bottle you can find unless you can use it up quickly.