MAC Cosmetics Passions of Red: 6 Warm Eyes (Holiday 2008)

MAC Cosmetics Passions of Red: 6 Warm Eyes (Holiday 2008)

3.7

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette! At first when I bought it, I didn't use it much as I thought the colors were only for the winter/fall season. I use the orange color everyday as a blending color above the crease. Gives that really blended look to the eye. Also, the burgundy color is lovely. It reminds me of Sketch, but I like this color better. Also, the two drab colors on the right. The two above the dark green are great for a neutral eye.

on 6/30/2009 8:59:00 PM

OMG I am in Love!!!!!!! The shades are wonderful and compliment my NC40 skintone and chocolate brown eyes. I use EL Shadow Primer and it stays put all day. Easy to blend and love the packaging. This is one of my first MAC palletes and a very economical way of getting lovely shades in a gorgeous pallete. The brush provided in the pallete is a little hard to work with since its soo tiny but can still do the job.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

i really love this palette! it's one of my fave mac collex palettes. the colors really compliment my dark brown eyes and they are not over the top so it makes this palette nice for everyday.
EVERY single shadow EXCEPT the pale green (2nd in middle row) are amazingly pigmented and blendable...and absolutely gorgeous! 5 out of 6 are a complete win. and hell, even the pale green can be considered since it's great for blending out the greens. ok...5.5 out of 6!!
i like how it's not shimmery and more conservative so i can rock a bright lip instead :)
love this palette

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really, really, LOVE the colors in this palette. My eyes are hazel, my skin is fair and freckled, and my hair is currently strawberry blonde with highlights.
This was my first M.A.C. holiday purchase, and I am still thrilled with it. I don't own a bunch of other MAC e/s, so I really don't care if the colors are *LE, or dupable*. For me, $38.00 for 6 e/s that I love is a good deal.
I use the 4 lighter shades almost every day. They make a really great basic neutral eye. The 2 darker shades can be used to make a really cool and different smoky eye, or as a liner for a neutral eye.
As other posters have said; the brush sucks, so I just chucked mine and problem solved.
As far as packaging goes; some have called this tacky.....come on people.....ummm, *Hello Kitty*, ummmm, *Dame Edna*? Isn't tacky part of what makes M.A.C fun?(at least to me!)

on 1/11/2009 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Okay, I've noticed a lot of the negative reviews on this item are from people that didn't freaking try the colors before they left the store. I like the palette a lot. I can use them alone in looks or pair them with other products I have. I would suggest if you have a fair skintone and aren't used to using darker colors, swatch these in a store before you purchase. Also the packaging is a bit much, but didn't deter me away from the product. MAC also uses stickers for some of their collections which I hate, but all I care about is the product inside. I will agree with pp that their is too much space within the packaging so the little brush rolls around kicking up more shadow. I just took it out because i didn't use it anyway. Overall I am very happy with this purchase.

on 1/6/2009 7:10:00 PM

I am on the fence with this product. These colors work well on me and I can mix them up easily. The pigment is good and the staying powder is good. The range in colors is good too. This is the only MAC in my train case, all other products are either VS or Dior. I do not like that packaging at all, my brush slides around in it and gets all messy. I also feel the cheap plastic might break at any moment. For this reason, I am returning this asap. I'd rather by something else for that kind of money and not fear it breaking in my make up bag. I am bummed out by this because I really did want to like MAC.

on 12/28/2008 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

From Passions of Red Holiday 08.. Not like the Smokey and Cool palettes in how they were set up giving you 2 distinct color looks,but the shadows do pair well together.It's not a bad palette which is the only reason I chose yes for Would I buy it again, but its completely dupable which is why,even though I chose yes for I would buy it again, I wouldn't actually buy it again**sorry if that was confusing** The colors on the left are: Sweet Joy(F) a pale beige champagne..while there isn't one particular MAC shade identical to this, you could easily get a similar shade using Dazzlelight or adding a bit of All that Glitters to Dazzlelight for more champagne than beige. Well Spiced(S) is a peachy,almost terracotta shade that can be duped with either Brown Down,which is slightly more peach brown then terracotta or Modelette from the Tempt Me quad which is lighter than both and more peachy but still along similar color lines. Real Drama(S) is a dark, slightly blackened burgandy which can be replaced with Sketch. On the right side you have Warm Suede(VP) which remind me of a cross between Sumptuous Olive and Rye from the Thunder eyes quad.It shares the same reddish brown base as Sumptuous and while it's slightly olive/green, it's more antiqued gold like Rye. Gentle Heat(S) is alot like Coquette though not as nice IMO..it a greyed taupe with a touch of khaki.not nice on it's own ,but I use it as a base and apply Warm Suede over it which allows Warm Suede's green side to be more predominate. Finally there's Grand Entrance which is NOTHING like the Grand Entrance from Starflash.In the pan, this Grand Entrace is black with visible green reflects.Applied alone, it's straight black.I use it to line my upper lashes over Warm Suede and Gentle Heat allowing the green to be more visible.You could also use it wet.either way, it's the only way you'll see the green.You could probably mix some Bottle Green and Carbon but just Carbon alone would be a fine dupe for this.Comes with the standard 213 mini brush which is perfect for application. If you already have similar colors, don't bother with this.For me, it was a waste of money,but may not be for someone else

on 12/19/2008 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love this palette, it is my favorite one out of the four. You can create dramatic or subtle looks. The colors lasted all day on me. (I use UDPP) I really like the packaging too since I love red. The brush I don't really care for but the palette is worth it!

on 12/3/2008 2:58:00 AM

This is the first MAC pallet I've tried. I thought the colors would go well with my red hair and brown eyes.
However, I'm on the fence about it. I really like the highlight color and find myself using this the most. The two greens are nice as well.
But I'm finding that the colors don't blend very well, and at least on me, tend to fade quickly, even though I use an eyeshadow primer. I work in television and find I have to basically reapply by the end of my day.
The packaging I actually don't mind, but since this is my first holiday pallet purchase I don't have much to compare it to.
As for the brush, I don't even use it. It's too small and I didn't like it rolling around in the compact... I tossed it in my brush bag and have forgotten about it.
Overall, I find I only use one or two of the colors, but for all six the price isn't so bad.

on 11/24/2008 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this palette because the colors looked really awesome online and in the store. I wanted something I could bring with me if I went on a trip. Unfortunately I bought this without trying it out in the store because I was in a big rush and I thought all MAC items were created equal and awesome. I was wrong! I didn't try out the palette until a couple weeks after buying it so I couldn't return it anymore. The packaging is really cheap but I didn't care because I wanted a palette but I find the colors do not blend very well. I feel the consistency of the eyeshadows are not as great as the regular ones. Big disappointment. But I do like 3 of the colors: the lights color (as a highlight) and the 2 greens.