Pixi Lip Blush

3.4

on 10/3/2013 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Good color. Decent staying power but so very drying for the lips. If you regularly exfoliate your lips this would probably work for you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great applicator in forgiving shades, but doesn't last too long.

This was an emergency purchase at Target, not least because Pixi still provides in-store samples, cotton swabs, etc. I tried it on the pads of my fingers and saw that all shades provide an almost neutral version of their respective part of the lip spectrum.

The applicator is like a long felt-tipped pen, with a nice point to get an accurate line and a broad, fat width to lay against the lip for filling in with broad strokes of color. I haven't noticed any bleeding of color without lip liner. I haven't had the stinging sensation others' have experienced, but that could be because I prep with a plumping gloss that I wipe away before applying the stain.

My only grumble is that this could have better staying power. I have to reapply after lunch and every four or five hours, but I would be touching up lipstick/gloss that often anyway. Looks smooth and natural on its own or under gloss. It is a bit pricey for a "drugstore" brand, but the extra couple of bucks is worth being able to try before I buy.

on 11/6/2012 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The alcohol-based formulation for the marker tip is drying and using stain on chapped lips just look gross. Decent staying power, but not something I'll be buying again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I got the YOUTH color for free, I love the Pixi line and how they are aimed at youthfulness. When I first used this, I thought I was just stimulating my lips because I got the healthiest pink color, like when you lick your lips especially in the winter. But there definitely is a color, if you write on your hand it's as if you're using a highlighter, that's exactly what it's like. You can lick your lips after to wet them after applying this because if your lips aren't moisturized, your cracked lips will have funky pink highlighter lines. It took some getting used to, definitely. I really like it now though, it's not meant to be a lipstick or even a lipstain, it just works somehow. My boyfriend kisses me a lot more when I wear this, he'll glance at me and I don't think he even knows what's causing him to be more affectionate because this product is really THAT subtle but I can't help loving it. I can see how other people would feel jipped though, probably even think they picked a sampled pen, but that's just how it is and I want to prepare anyone for it. For the YOUTH color, anyway. I think these pens are like color suggestions to your lips, unlike lipstick or opaque stains where you pick a color and you expect your lip to take it. Everyone's lip colors are different and with enough lipstick we can have the same color, but lip blush is personal, it's your lips but better. What sucks about this product though is because of the highlighter pen-ness, it stinks to carry around. You'd rather just leave it at home upside down in whatever holds your toothbrush (guilty). I don't know the price but I'm sure it's too much for this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I *had* this in purity. It was a great color and it lasted through two meals. I wasn't too happy about the price, but a gal's gotta treat herself sometimes, right?

I liked it up until the point the top broke in my purse and all of the product bled out. I was not too happy about that because I only got to use it for a week. Seriously, this product has the worst design ever. But the colors are great.