Pixi Lip Blush

Pixi Lip Blush
Lip BlushLip BlushLip Blush

on 7/23/2013 11:02:00 PM

Re-review: I've decided that this lip stain is the best stain on the market. Very light and lasts most of the day. Does not dry lips at all. I repurchased this, even at the overpriced $18. But the color Purity is perfect for me.

on 8/5/2009 2:02:00 PM

I have always stayed away from these lip stain products, I remember Stila had some once upon a time. Most of the colors were so over the top. I mean I want some color but not something garish, I'd rather wear lipstick for that. They had these on sale at Target for $8 so I took the plunge and bought it in the Purity color which is somewhere between nude/rose/brown. It's really great for my fair skintone and it can be applied lightly or more heavily for more intense color. My lips are so pale and I love that even when my gloss wears off, there is still some color there to make me look alive. I would love to try one of the other colors, maybe Youth, we'll see, but I highly recommend these especially if you can get them at a discounted price. I will probably explore some other drugstore lines that have these products at better prices.

on 4/17/2009 10:58:00 AM

This lip stain is fantastic - I bought it in Purity, which looks like my lips' natural color they're flushed or I've bitten them :o). You can grade the color by either applying it to both lips for more intense color, or just to one lip and pressing them together before it dries for a more subtle color.

It stays in place all day and looks beautiful - I just layer gloss or chapstick over the top of it to keep my lips from drying and to give them a little sheen if I feel like it. I have found it helpful to exfoliate my lips prior to applying it so that it goes on smoothly. It's a cinch to apply with its marker tip applicator and smells like a fruity peach cocktail. I will definitely buy this again!

I love this stuff! I have the shade Purity, which is a pinkish-nude on me. Lasts all day long, which is a plus in my book because I hate when my lips get pale and I have to reapply, reapply, reapply. The only downside is that it's a little pricey at $18, so now that I found a cheaper alternative (Cover Girl Outlast Lip Stain) I probably won't buy this Pixi one again. But it's a great product!

on 1/17/2009 11:13:00 AM

I have tried so many lip stains and this is by far my favorite. The main problem I have with most lip stains is the color drying evenly - no matter how exfoliated and moisturized my lips are. This lip stain dries evenly, lasts a long time, and I really like the felt tip applicator. I tested the different shades at Target and they were all very bright except for Purity - it's the perfect shade, like a darker version of your natural lip color. I wear it every day with lip gloss over it. This is the best lip stain!

on 11/1/2008 6:46:00 AM

completely obsessed with this product. I bought it yesterday in PURITY, its is perfect. seriously. its a stain that stays on forever, but is easily removed with makeup remover so you dont end up with stained lips for the rest of your life. the applicator is wonderful its just like using a marker. but it comes out of the tip at the right amount, so you can adjust. I also like that it goes on matte, you can put a shimmery gloss over it you want and create your own color. I like my lipstick matte so its great for me just the way it is. I dont even mind the price, I have spent plenty more than 18 on lipstick I only wore once! so something I will wear daily seems like a steal to me!! Im going to go and buy the other colors today, yay!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great applicator in forgiving shades, but doesn't last too long.

This was an emergency purchase at Target, not least because Pixi still provides in-store samples, cotton swabs, etc. I tried it on the pads of my fingers and saw that all shades provide an almost neutral version of their respective part of the lip spectrum.

The applicator is like a long felt-tipped pen, with a nice point to get an accurate line and a broad, fat width to lay against the lip for filling in with broad strokes of color. I haven't noticed any bleeding of color without lip liner. I haven't had the stinging sensation others' have experienced, but that could be because I prep with a plumping gloss that I wipe away before applying the stain.

My only grumble is that this could have better staying power. I have to reapply after lunch and every four or five hours, but I would be touching up lipstick/gloss that often anyway. Looks smooth and natural on its own or under gloss. It is a bit pricey for a "drugstore" brand, but the extra couple of bucks is worth being able to try before I buy.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I got the YOUTH color for free, I love the Pixi line and how they are aimed at youthfulness. When I first used this, I thought I was just stimulating my lips because I got the healthiest pink color, like when you lick your lips especially in the winter. But there definitely is a color, if you write on your hand it's as if you're using a highlighter, that's exactly what it's like. You can lick your lips after to wet them after applying this because if your lips aren't moisturized, your cracked lips will have funky pink highlighter lines. It took some getting used to, definitely. I really like it now though, it's not meant to be a lipstick or even a lipstain, it just works somehow. My boyfriend kisses me a lot more when I wear this, he'll glance at me and I don't think he even knows what's causing him to be more affectionate because this product is really THAT subtle but I can't help loving it. I can see how other people would feel jipped though, probably even think they picked a sampled pen, but that's just how it is and I want to prepare anyone for it. For the YOUTH color, anyway. I think these pens are like color suggestions to your lips, unlike lipstick or opaque stains where you pick a color and you expect your lip to take it. Everyone's lip colors are different and with enough lipstick we can have the same color, but lip blush is personal, it's your lips but better. What sucks about this product though is because of the highlighter pen-ness, it stinks to carry around. You'd rather just leave it at home upside down in whatever holds your toothbrush (guilty). I don't know the price but I'm sure it's too much for this.

on 8/31/2012 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The Pixi Lip Blush is a lovely lip stain. I have it in Youth, and it's a gorgeous baby pink. I was looking for a good lipstain, and although it's stunning (great pigmentation, nice packaging, not drying...), I am still on the hunt for an HG lipstain, as this is pretty pricey to me, at 18 bucks a pop. I find that it tends to dry out really quickly too, but if you hold it straight when applying and just tilt your head back, you can get the product out. If this cost less, I'd repurchases. The packaging is really cute, with it's green plastic tube. If I can't find a less expensive one of about the same quality, I'll probably repurchase only due to the fact that I quite like lipstains.
Okay, found a new lipstain I prefer: NYC smooch proof stain. I still love this, but can't justify the price when I like a 4.00 one more.

on 9/4/2009 6:56:00 AM

This is a great lipstain. It's a very nice nude on my fair complexion. It lasts pretty well. I usually wear it as a base for my lip gloss in the summer. That way when the gloss inevitably wears off, I don't have completely naked lips. The only thing I don't care for is the price. I consider it rather expensive. I find the color to be pretty buildable. It doesn't bleed either.

Overall, I'm very happy and would purchase again, although I'm certain this container will last quite awhile for me.