Pixi Lip Blush

Lip BlushLip BlushLip Blush

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great applicator in forgiving shades, but doesn't last too long.

This was an emergency purchase at Target, not least because Pixi still provides in-store samples, cotton swabs, etc. I tried it on the pads of my fingers and saw that all shades provide an almost neutral version of their respective part of the lip spectrum.

The applicator is like a long felt-tipped pen, with a nice point to get an accurate line and a broad, fat width to lay against the lip for filling in with broad strokes of color. I haven't noticed any bleeding of color without lip liner. I haven't had the stinging sensation others' have experienced, but that could be because I prep with a plumping gloss that I wipe away before applying the stain.

My only grumble is that this could have better staying power. I have to reapply after lunch and every four or five hours, but I would be touching up lipstick/gloss that often anyway. Looks smooth and natural on its own or under gloss. It is a bit pricey for a "drugstore" brand, but the extra couple of bucks is worth being able to try before I buy.

on 8/5/2009 2:02:00 PM

I have always stayed away from these lip stain products, I remember Stila had some once upon a time. Most of the colors were so over the top. I mean I want some color but not something garish, I'd rather wear lipstick for that. They had these on sale at Target for $8 so I took the plunge and bought it in the Purity color which is somewhere between nude/rose/brown. It's really great for my fair skintone and it can be applied lightly or more heavily for more intense color. My lips are so pale and I love that even when my gloss wears off, there is still some color there to make me look alive. I would love to try one of the other colors, maybe Youth, we'll see, but I highly recommend these especially if you can get them at a discounted price. I will probably explore some other drugstore lines that have these products at better prices.