New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this because I wanted to see if it was comparable to Rimmel stay matte. It's a bit heavier and more powdery but it is more matte with more oil control. The packaging is cheap and feels like it's going to break but for $1.99 I'm not going to complain too much.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Dang, this powder is awesome. I saw it at Walmart and it was three bucks, so I thought "eh, why not?" Best powder I've ever used, and for a great price! The packaging is sturdy and doesn't crack or anything, and the product doesn't crumble if dropped or anything. It blands well with my skin and absorbs oil quickly. I've also noticed it gives a very little bit of coverage and smooths out my skin tone and makes everything look even without drying out my skin or being too dark or light. I've also noticed it is a lot less cakey than other pressed powders and won't get packed on the applicator like a lot of pressed stuff does. Highly reccomend!

on 2/10/2014 12:12:00 PM

I had forgotten my powder at home and dropped into Target to grab something to make do for the day. I bought this at $2.99 in Translucent. For the price this is a pretty awesome blotter. I do use the sponge applicator and press it into the shinny areas and it mattes. I have not had any issue with the translucent oxidizing. While won't be an immediate repurchase for me if I find the need if I'm out I will be looking for this product!

on 1/6/2014 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Goes on fine, but I have oily skin so after a few hours my t zone turned ORANGE blaghh. So embarrassing. Cheap and easy to apply but changes colour throughout day so I will not re purchase

on 10/30/2013 4:17:00 PM

It was a little too powdery for me to love it, and it broke apart too soon, even with gentle handling. But, it was adequate for the price. ( I used 704A Warm Beige and it may have been a tad too dark for winter.)

on 12/15/2012 6:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I meant to purchase this in translucent, but I was not paying attention and bought natural beige instead. I am fair skinned, and this was way too light for me. I would much rather try the translucent one. The powder is smooth and does give a nice soft texture to the skin, but the color was just too light. I really like the packaging though, and it has a really nice mirror. I don't recommend using the powder applicator though, it is so thin and feels so cheaply made. Use a powder brush or different puff to apply it. I will not purchase this in natural beige again, but I will try the the translucent one.

For what I need from a pressed powder, this is just fine. The limited range in colours does not affect me, as my skin is very pale, and so the translucent shade is ideal. I especially love how it lightens my foundation, as I find it extremely difficult to find a good foundation in the right shade. It is definitely an essential item for me.
The only downside is the packaging, which is quite cheap looking... The applicator which comes with it isn't particularly good, either, but when you can buy a whole bag of make up sponges for a pound, that isn't particularly important.
I really like this; packaging aside, the product itself is great, and I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

Dupe for MAC Blot Powder? Not really. But this product is pretty darn good. No fall out, unlike my Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder (the one with the pink, green, and yellow swirls). I use this powder to set my concealer (Essence Forget it!, which is also a great product). Amazingly, when applied with a light hand, the coverage is just as good as the powder foundation I had been using. The difference is that I look less cakey now. It really sops up the excess oil well. So, needless to say, this is my daily makeup now. No more correcting powder and loose powder for this middle-aged lady. This stuff is unbelievable. I will repurchase when I run out.

on 12/29/2011 10:25:00 PM

Love this powder!! Such a nice, basic powder. I'm a hair lighter than NC15, and I buy Translucent and it looks natural on me. Packaging is cheap as hell but whatever, it's only 3 bucks! GO BUY IT!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

No need to buy froufrou pressed powders when this is available. Cheap and effective.
I do not use the enclosed sponge, I use my blush brush as it looks more natural.
I like that it has no color.
Packaging is junk but I don't go around knocking it on walls and such, and for $3CAD I'm not complaining.