New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide.

It does the job of setting my makeup, its easy to take with you if you need to because of the nice compact package! and it was cheap! if you have dry patches like me use a little less than one your oily spots and your set to go!

on 4/6/2013 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

It does an okay job at setting my makeup. It's more like an oil absorbing powder because of the kaolin in the powder. It looks cakey on my dry skin. The translucent isn't really translucent so if you have medium to dark skin tone it will show up and look ashy.

on 12/28/2011 1:22:00 PM

When it comes to powder, I don't have many needs. I want something to set my foundation to give it a matte finish, make it longer lasting, and be my skin tone (I have Warm Beige) to slightly enhance coverage. This worked and is the cheapest powder in my nearest CVS, but it's not like it has amazing coverage or has sturdy packaging or a silky feel. This product is just average, portable and affordable, so I like it, but it's not outstanding in any way.
UPDATE: this is rather chalky... but i still use it, because it does the job. I don't think I would repurchase because I want more coverage in a powder, and this has sheer coverage that isn't too buildable without caking.

this product i bought by accident didnt mean to at all was getting the one in color(silly me i was in a hurry) and the one i got was translucent didnt want to go back to the store so i gave it a shot overall i like it i dont love it because of the packaging its hard to open and hard to close. but the product use is actually pretty good!!! concealar and this powder and im on the go!

This is my first pressed powder because I hadn't needed to use any face products before, but since my face has been breaking out as a get older, I thought it might be time to purchase a powder.

I got it at Target for 2.79, or something like that. It was very inexpensive.

Personally, I like it, but I don't have any other powders to compare it to. It does make me look a bit orange though. I have it in Naturally Beige.

It might be making me break out a little on my forehead; I can't really tell! hahaha

It does matte my face and leaves a very smooth finish, though.

The packaging is a little flimsy...

I don't think I would repurchase because I would like try other
product, but I do like this one!

on 2/10/2010 4:11:00 PM

Overall this is a good setting powder. I have it in translucent beige. I'm not sure if I'll buy this again because I want to try out other powders.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a good pressed poweder because I was starting to get a little greasier throughout the end of the summer. So I was recommended this, and I couldn't be more happier. I keep one in my makeup bag and one in my purse. It's great to mattify your face and the color is perfect (it also comes in translucent if your worried about the color.) It's very cheap so i'll definitely keep purchasing it!

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this based on the reviews here.
I was happy that it kept oilies at bay for awhile, but eventually the oil on my face showed, as it always does, no matter what.
this is whiter than my ELF mineral Booster (which has the slightest pink sheen to it) and its more convienent as it is a compact.
The packaging SUCKS. it doesn't even have a hinge to open and close on, it has a piece of bent plastic to hold it.
The pink sponge it comes with is convienent if you're in a hurry, but I'd stick with a brush. as the sponge can apply too much powder in one place sometimes.
It's a good product for a really good price, but If there's anything better out there, I'm open-minded ...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this is the second brand of compacts i've tried (first is covergirl) and i found my perfect shade in this brand (warm beige), i think its great for the money, the sponge thing is okay, not bad, also not the best. since its not that much more than a covergirl compact, get that if the sponge thing bothers you, if not, i say this one. lasts quite a while on me (i have oily skin), isnt flaky.