NYC New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

NYC New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide.

on 10/4/2016 4:18:00 PM

I really like this pressed powder! Got this one in Translucent after my Cover Girl TruBlend Pressed Powder ran out. It matched my skin tone fairly well, although it is a bit whitish. It is not too noticeable, though, as I am pretty fair to begin with. I am happy about the amount of product that my brush picks up when I use it. My CoverGirl powder I would have to really try to scoop up the powder with my brush quite a few times before I was able to get an adequate amount. With NYC, I just dip the brush in, rotate the brush, and voila! Perfect amount.

The finish is quite nice. Granted, it doesn't stay all day, but that is not a huge concern for me. It makes my skin look very smooth and has a beautiful silky matte finish. I have a BB cream whose finish is a bit too dewy for my combination skin, so this powder is perfect for fixing that right up. Very good pressed powder for the price if you was a simple but effective daily powder for setting your makeup!

on 2/10/2014 12:12:00 PM

I had forgotten my powder at home and dropped into Target to grab something to make do for the day. I bought this at $2.99 in Translucent. For the price this is a pretty awesome blotter. I do use the sponge applicator and press it into the shinny areas and it mattes. I have not had any issue with the translucent oxidizing. While won't be an immediate repurchase for me if I find the need if I'm out I will be looking for this product!

on 2/11/2013 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Although it costs very little and isn't fancy by any means, I like this powder (in translucent) for setting my make-up into place. It's nothing special, but it does the trick. Keeps my face matte for a decent length of time and even when I do need to retouch, I don't feel bad about using more because I haven't spent more than a few dollars on it. I have extremely sensitive skin but haven't had any issues with it. It comes in a regular looking compact case with a mirror and a useless little sponge that I never end up using (a nice big brush works much better). I would recommend this to anyone who just wants a super cheap pressed powder that works...nothing more. Definitely worth every penny!

on 12/21/2012 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have very pale nw10 skin and the translucent shade is perfect. I apply with a powder brush and it seems a little powdery and light at first, but within 5 mains or so it settles Down into a lovely sheer finish that is not chalky or orangey, and it does not change the color of my foundation, and controls oil for hours. Very cheap too! Will buy as long as they make it!

on 12/28/2011 1:22:00 PM

When it comes to powder, I don't have many needs. I want something to set my foundation to give it a matte finish, make it longer lasting, and be my skin tone (I have Warm Beige) to slightly enhance coverage. This worked and is the cheapest powder in my nearest CVS, but it's not like it has amazing coverage or has sturdy packaging or a silky feel. This product is just average, portable and affordable, so I like it, but it's not outstanding in any way.
UPDATE: this is rather chalky... but i still use it, because it does the job. I don't think I would repurchase because I want more coverage in a powder, and this has sheer coverage that isn't too buildable without caking.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product is decent for the price. It absorbs oil and makes my skin look really smooth. However, if too much is applied, it makes my face look very flat and cakey. I bought the translucent one because it was the only powder that was light enough to match my skin tone. The biggest negative about this product is the fact that it really irritated my eyes. I like to set my under eye concealer, so that was a definite turnoff. As well, if any flakes got into my eyes, they caused tiny scratches to form on my contact lenses. I have never had this happen to me before with any other powder. So in conclusion, if you just want a super cheap powder, this is an okay product, however I do not recommend this powder to contact lens wearers.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love this powder- even more than my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. Well i LOVE this powder so much more bc I wasnt lookin for the matte look most of the time. (when i want a more matte finish i do use Maybelline Dream Matte) but this powder gives you a more natural finish. more of a satin finish which i love about it since i have normal to dry skin depending apon the weather so more times than not i dont want anything to make me more matte unless im doing a look. this is my favorite powder ever! i love both the Pressed and Loose Powder-both absolutely phenomenal!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's cheap, and it works. I wish I could give this a 3.5. I have oily skin and use this as an all-over-the-face setting powder. It's not that great at oil control, but at the price, I can't complain. I find if I apply this with the wrong brush, sometimes my face can look a little chalky - but mostly, it works fine. I'm NC25 and use the 'translucent' shade - it doesn't seem to change the color of my face or anything.

This is my first pressed powder because I hadn't needed to use any face products before, but since my face has been breaking out as a get older, I thought it might be time to purchase a powder.

I got it at Target for 2.79, or something like that. It was very inexpensive.

Personally, I like it, but I don't have any other powders to compare it to. It does make me look a bit orange though. I have it in Naturally Beige.

It might be making me break out a little on my forehead; I can't really tell! hahaha

It does matte my face and leaves a very smooth finish, though.

The packaging is a little flimsy...

I don't think I would repurchase because I would like try other
product, but I do like this one!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Chalky, doesn't last long, dirt cheap. Nothing else worth mentioning.