New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide.

on 10/4/2016 4:18:00 PM

I really like this pressed powder! Got this one in Translucent after my Cover Girl TruBlend Pressed Powder ran out. It matched my skin tone fairly well, although it is a bit whitish. It is not too noticeable, though, as I am pretty fair to begin with. I am happy about the amount of product that my brush picks up when I use it. My CoverGirl powder I would have to really try to scoop up the powder with my brush quite a few times before I was able to get an adequate amount. With NYC, I just dip the brush in, rotate the brush, and voila! Perfect amount.

The finish is quite nice. Granted, it doesn't stay all day, but that is not a huge concern for me. It makes my skin look very smooth and has a beautiful silky matte finish. I have a BB cream whose finish is a bit too dewy for my combination skin, so this powder is perfect for fixing that right up. Very good pressed powder for the price if you was a simple but effective daily powder for setting your makeup!

I have oily skin so I need a powder if I don't want to look like a shiny mess. They discontinued my favorite powder so I tried this one. It does take away the shine but I notice it is obvious when I wear it. It really settles in every pore. I have this in naturally beige and it's a little lighter then I would want. I would not repurchase but I will continue to use it until I find something better

on 6/1/2014 11:29:00 PM

I was using a white finishing powder from Tarte that was $32 and ran out. As a dare by a friend who swears by cheaper make up, I picked up the compact and YAY I looove it and it does the same as the expensive brands. I use my big kabuki brush with it, not a applicator pad. LOOOVE THIS...

glad this was only $3.50..it is ok for first application after foundation/concealer, but just doesn't work to reapply.. stuck to oil on my face and made it look extremely powdery and gross. I never have that problem with other powders. Price is ok but not worth it if you reapply powder throughout the day. :(

on 2/10/2014 12:12:00 PM

I had forgotten my powder at home and dropped into Target to grab something to make do for the day. I bought this at $2.99 in Translucent. For the price this is a pretty awesome blotter. I do use the sponge applicator and press it into the shinny areas and it mattes. I have not had any issue with the translucent oxidizing. While won't be an immediate repurchase for me if I find the need if I'm out I will be looking for this product!

on 10/30/2013 4:17:00 PM

It was a little too powdery for me to love it, and it broke apart too soon, even with gentle handling. But, it was adequate for the price. ( I used 704A Warm Beige and it may have been a tad too dark for winter.)

For $2.99 (Canadian) this is a true drugstore gem find for me and I have repurchased. The powder is finely milled, silky, and doesn't look chalky or feel heavy. I use the shade translucent and it works excellent for my complexion, for reference I wear MAC NC15 or Matchmaster shade 1. This powder works beautifully for setting my make-up and sets to a semi-satin/semi-matte finish. Holds up well with my oilier t-zone and works great for touch-ups without getting cakey or oxidizing. The only downside is the packaging as it's not durable and cheap.
Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Cetyl Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain +/1 Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

In in love with this powder. It's dirt cheap, has a good color range for my skin tone, and does its job to a t. Holy grail for sure!

It does the job of setting my makeup, its easy to take with you if you need to because of the nice compact package! and it was cheap! if you have dry patches like me use a little less than one your oily spots and your set to go!

on 12/12/2012 11:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Smooth skin? Psh. This product isn't that bad considering the price, but it isn't great either. It was the first powder I ever bought and it worked for me at first. But the more I used it the more unsatisfied I became. I realized that the powder was too powdery on my face, it was SO obvious that I had powder on! (I always wore it after applying my foundation) and it wasn't that I was using too much powder, I really wasn't. I bought a new different one, used it the same way, same amount and gave me flawless results compared to this powder.

The powder wasn't obvious under bad lighting, but once you went outside and to other places, under different lightings it was obvious.

The only good thing I have to say, is that the color shade was right, and it controlled my oily T-Zone.