New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide.

on 10/4/2016 4:18:00 PM

I really like this pressed powder! Got this one in Translucent after my Cover Girl TruBlend Pressed Powder ran out. It matched my skin tone fairly well, although it is a bit whitish. It is not too noticeable, though, as I am pretty fair to begin with. I am happy about the amount of product that my brush picks up when I use it. My CoverGirl powder I would have to really try to scoop up the powder with my brush quite a few times before I was able to get an adequate amount. With NYC, I just dip the brush in, rotate the brush, and voila! Perfect amount.

The finish is quite nice. Granted, it doesn't stay all day, but that is not a huge concern for me. It makes my skin look very smooth and has a beautiful silky matte finish. I have a BB cream whose finish is a bit too dewy for my combination skin, so this powder is perfect for fixing that right up. Very good pressed powder for the price if you was a simple but effective daily powder for setting your makeup!

I have oily skin so I need a powder if I don't want to look like a shiny mess. They discontinued my favorite powder so I tried this one. It does take away the shine but I notice it is obvious when I wear it. It really settles in every pore. I have this in naturally beige and it's a little lighter then I would want. I would not repurchase but I will continue to use it until I find something better

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this because I wanted to see if it was comparable to Rimmel stay matte. It's a bit heavier and more powdery but it is more matte with more oil control. The packaging is cheap and feels like it's going to break but for $1.99 I'm not going to complain too much.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I own this in pressed and loose, and I really like them both! I picked this up because I heard that they were discontinuing the loose, so I figured I'd have to switch to this when my loose was gone anyway. I am really happy with this product! It sets my makeup really well, and stays on for hours! I'd say it kept my t zone from looking shiny for about 8 hours, which is darn good for a $3 powder! It also doesn't give you that white cast like the loose powder cancif you apply too much. Really happy with this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this hoping for a cheap drugstore pressed powder to set my foundation (since I thought Rimmel Stay Matte was clogging my pores) but it just isn't worth the $2 or $3. Just go out and buy the loose version of Smooth Skin, it works so much better. The pressed is very powdery, so your brush picks up a lot of product, and it seems more white than translucent, so it leaves a white cast. The packaging is also very cheap plastic, very flimsy, and I feel like the mirror part of the compact is going to snap off every time I open it. It doesn't do a great job of setting foundation or controlling oil either. Don't bother, just buy the loose version.

glad this was only $3.50..it is ok for first application after foundation/concealer, but just doesn't work to reapply.. stuck to oil on my face and made it look extremely powdery and gross. I never have that problem with other powders. Price is ok but not worth it if you reapply powder throughout the day. :(

love this powder i have it in loose version thou the pressed one is so hard to find in my area crazy but its pale enuff for my pale skin smooth it doesnt control oil but blotting papers work well with it will repurchase

For $2.99 (Canadian) this is a true drugstore gem find for me and I have repurchased. The powder is finely milled, silky, and doesn't look chalky or feel heavy. I use the shade translucent and it works excellent for my complexion, for reference I wear MAC NC15 or Matchmaster shade 1. This powder works beautifully for setting my make-up and sets to a semi-satin/semi-matte finish. Holds up well with my oilier t-zone and works great for touch-ups without getting cakey or oxidizing. The only downside is the packaging as it's not durable and cheap.
Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Cetyl Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain +/1 Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

In in love with this powder. It's dirt cheap, has a good color range for my skin tone, and does its job to a t. Holy grail for sure!

on 2/11/2013 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Although it costs very little and isn't fancy by any means, I like this powder (in translucent) for setting my make-up into place. It's nothing special, but it does the trick. Keeps my face matte for a decent length of time and even when I do need to retouch, I don't feel bad about using more because I haven't spent more than a few dollars on it. I have extremely sensitive skin but haven't had any issues with it. It comes in a regular looking compact case with a mirror and a useless little sponge that I never end up using (a nice big brush works much better). I would recommend this to anyone who just wants a super cheap pressed powder that works...nothing more. Definitely worth every penny!