New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide.

on 3/14/2016 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This was by far the worst powder I've ever purchased. It is very powdery and it does not help eliminate shine for a long period of time a couple of hours at the most. I purchase the NYC smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder Fini Parfait. The shade range is very light with no deeper shades at all. This powder leaves white cast on the face and does not blend into the skin at all. Horrible product and a waste of a few bucks

I have oily skin so I need a powder if I don't want to look like a shiny mess. They discontinued my favorite powder so I tried this one. It does take away the shine but I notice it is obvious when I wear it. It really settles in every pore. I have this in naturally beige and it's a little lighter then I would want. I would not repurchase but I will continue to use it until I find something better

To Read all 77 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this because I wanted to see if it was comparable to Rimmel stay matte. It's a bit heavier and more powdery but it is more matte with more oil control. The packaging is cheap and feels like it's going to break but for $1.99 I'm not going to complain too much.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Keeps me matte, hasnt broken me out yet, color natural beige seems to match my skin, packaging is a bit cheap and it doesnt come with a good applicator.. i use a kabuku beysh to apply and theres always some fallout. However it does make skin look smoother.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I own this in pressed and loose, and I really like them both! I picked this up because I heard that they were discontinuing the loose, so I figured I'd have to switch to this when my loose was gone anyway. I am really happy with this product! It sets my makeup really well, and stays on for hours! I'd say it kept my t zone from looking shiny for about 8 hours, which is darn good for a $3 powder! It also doesn't give you that white cast like the loose powder cancif you apply too much. Really happy with this.

on 10/27/2014 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this powder. I started using it when Maybelline messed up their dream matte powder (why must makeup companies keep torturing us?)!

NYC powder covers nicely, holds up well and does a good job and evening out my foundation. The price is awesome and I always buy several in case they pull the plug on this one too! I do wish they included a puff in the compact, but it's no biggie...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this hoping for a cheap drugstore pressed powder to set my foundation (since I thought Rimmel Stay Matte was clogging my pores) but it just isn't worth the $2 or $3. Just go out and buy the loose version of Smooth Skin, it works so much better. The pressed is very powdery, so your brush picks up a lot of product, and it seems more white than translucent, so it leaves a white cast. The packaging is also very cheap plastic, very flimsy, and I feel like the mirror part of the compact is going to snap off every time I open it. It doesn't do a great job of setting foundation or controlling oil either. Don't bother, just buy the loose version.

on 6/1/2014 11:29:00 PM

I was using a white finishing powder from Tarte that was $32 and ran out. As a dare by a friend who swears by cheaper make up, I picked up the compact and YAY I looove it and it does the same as the expensive brands. I use my big kabuki brush with it, not a applicator pad. LOOOVE THIS...

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This oxidized on me badly!! I would only repurchase this if I was totally broke for the rest of the month. Elf's pressed powder is much better. This is thin but manages to make me oilier by mid day than other pressed powders. It's chalky, it's just a mess, & the puff that comes w it is worthless. :/ sorry I hate giving bad reviews!! NYC is not as good of a quality as WnW or elf to me for same $$$.

on 5/4/2014 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Well it doesnt break me out..which is a HUGGGEEEE plus!
I think it is greta for normal skin
My skin is oily and it is a nice natural looking finishing powder (I bought trans.)
but wish it had more oil control