3.5

price range

Reviews

from

3 years ago

I really like this pressed powder! Got this one in Translucent after my Cover Girl TruBlend Pressed Powder ran out. It matched my skin tone fairly well, although it is a bit whitish. It is not too noticeable, though, as I am pretty fair to begin with. I am happy about the amount of product that my brush picks up when I use it. My CoverGirl powder I would have to really try to scoop up the powder with my brush quite a few times before I was able to get an adequate amount. With NYC, I just dip the brush in, rotate the brush, and voila! Perfect amount. The finish is quite nice. Granted, it doesn't stay all day, but that is not a huge concern for me. It makes my skin look very smooth and has a beautiful silky matte finish. I have a BB cream whose finish is a bit too dewy for my combination skin, so this powder is perfect for fixing that right up. Very good pressed powder for the price if you was a simple but effective daily powder for setting your makeup!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

1.0

4 years ago

This was by far the worst powder I've ever purchased. It is very powdery and it does not help eliminate shine for a long period of time a couple of hours at the most. I purchase the NYC smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder Fini Parfait. The shade range is very light with no deeper shades at all. This powder leaves white cast on the face and does not blend into the skin at all. Horrible product and a waste of a few bucks

About reviewer (87 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

2.0

4 years ago

I have oily skin so I need a powder if I don't want to look like a shiny mess. They discontinued my favorite powder so I tried this one. It does take away the shine but I notice it is obvious when I wear it. It really settles in every pore. I have this in naturally beige and it's a little lighter then I would want. I would not repurchase but I will continue to use it until I find something better

About reviewer (1023 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

5 years ago

I tried this because I wanted to see if it was comparable to Rimmel stay matte. It's a bit heavier and more powdery but it is more matte with more oil control. The packaging is cheap and feels like it's going to break but for $1.99 I'm not going to complain too much.

About reviewer (262 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

5 years ago

Keeps me matte, hasnt broken me out yet, color natural beige seems to match my skin, packaging is a bit cheap and it doesnt come with a good applicator.. i use a kabuku beysh to apply and theres always some fallout. However it does make skin look smoother.

About reviewer (192 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

I own this in pressed and loose, and I really like them both! I picked this up because I heard that they were discontinuing the loose, so I figured I'd have to switch to this when my loose was gone anyway. I am really happy with this product! It sets my makeup really well, and stays on for hours! I'd say it kept my t zone from looking shiny for about 8 hours, which is darn good for a $3 powder! It also doesn't give you that white cast like the loose powder cancif you apply too much. Really happy with this.

About reviewer (101 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

5 years ago

I love this powder. I started using it when Maybelline messed up their dream matte powder (why must makeup companies keep torturing us?)! NYC powder covers nicely, holds up well and does a good job and evening out my foundation. The price is awesome and I always buy several in case they pull the plug on this one too! I do wish they included a puff in the compact, but it's no biggie...

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2.0

5 years ago

I bought this hoping for a cheap drugstore pressed powder to set my foundation (since I thought Rimmel Stay Matte was clogging my pores) but it just isn't worth the $2 or $3. Just go out and buy the loose version of Smooth Skin, it works so much better. The pressed is very powdery, so your brush picks up a lot of product, and it seems more white than translucent, so it leaves a white cast. The packaging is also very cheap plastic, very flimsy, and I feel like the mirror part of the compact is going to snap off every time I open it. It doesn't do a great job of setting foundation or controlling oil either. Don't bother, just buy the loose version.

About reviewer (96 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

I was using a white finishing powder from Tarte that was $32 and ran out. As a dare by a friend who swears by cheaper make up, I picked up the compact and YAY I looove it and it does the same as the expensive brands. I use my big kabuki brush with it, not a applicator pad. LOOOVE THIS...

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3.0

6 years ago

This oxidized on me badly!! I would only repurchase this if I was totally broke for the rest of the month. Elf's pressed powder is much better. This is thin but manages to make me oilier by mid day than other pressed powders. It's chalky, it's just a mess, & the puff that comes w it is worthless. :/ sorry I hate giving bad reviews!! NYC is not as good of a quality as WnW or elf to me for same $$$.

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure