New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this because I wanted to see if it was comparable to Rimmel stay matte. It's a bit heavier and more powdery but it is more matte with more oil control. The packaging is cheap and feels like it's going to break but for $1.99 I'm not going to complain too much.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Keeps me matte, hasnt broken me out yet, color natural beige seems to match my skin, packaging is a bit cheap and it doesnt come with a good applicator.. i use a kabuku beysh to apply and theres always some fallout. However it does make skin look smoother.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this hoping for a cheap drugstore pressed powder to set my foundation (since I thought Rimmel Stay Matte was clogging my pores) but it just isn't worth the $2 or $3. Just go out and buy the loose version of Smooth Skin, it works so much better. The pressed is very powdery, so your brush picks up a lot of product, and it seems more white than translucent, so it leaves a white cast. The packaging is also very cheap plastic, very flimsy, and I feel like the mirror part of the compact is going to snap off every time I open it. It doesn't do a great job of setting foundation or controlling oil either. Don't bother, just buy the loose version.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

I love how this product does not add color (Translucent shade), which is crucial for me and my pale foundations. Also, it adds a diffused light look and helps hide imperfections and give me that porcelain doll skin look. However, this does not get a "5" because it does very little to control oil :(

on 11/13/2011 2:12:00 AM

I bought this powder in "translucent," thinking it was a finishing powder. Maybe I was wrong and it's just an odd name for a powder foundation? Because it is very light, nearly ghost white, and it is definitely not translucent. If I apply it very lightly I can probably still use it to set my foundation, but I wouldn't have bought it if I had known what it was like.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love this powder- even more than my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. Well i LOVE this powder so much more bc I wasnt lookin for the matte look most of the time. (when i want a more matte finish i do use Maybelline Dream Matte) but this powder gives you a more natural finish. more of a satin finish which i love about it since i have normal to dry skin depending apon the weather so more times than not i dont want anything to make me more matte unless im doing a look. this is my favorite powder ever! i love both the Pressed and Loose Powder-both absolutely phenomenal!!

on 5/2/2011 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This review is long but I need to explain.
I've wasted so much money on powders in the last year. Way too much!
My favorite powder was clinique almost powder, because it concealed my pores and gave me a perfect matte finish over my foundation. Well it was getting too expensive to repurchase every few months ($30 CAD) so I started trying cheaper powders.
I tried L'oreal true match powder (oxidized insanely!), Maybelline dream matte powder (ok but not great for dry skin), tons of different mineral powders (bare minerals, everyday minerals, MAC skinfinish etc.) which all broke me out.
A few days ago I was going to grab MAC careblend pressed powder because I read good reviews. I went to MAC and saw it's $27.50 CAD and I just cringed. I don't want to spend so much money on a powder!
Later that day I was walking through the makeup isle in W-mart when I came across the NYC powder. For $3 I thought I may as well just try it.
Well holy **** this powder is better than anything I've used in the past year. Maybe ever.
I have super dry skin and it works so well to set my foundation without making my skin look all dried up.
It looks matte and fresh and hides my pores perfectly. My foundation stays on twice as long with this on.
I am literally in shock that such a cheap product can be so great, but it's true.
I am also extremely pale and the translucent shade is perfect because it doesn't add any funny orange or yellow tones to my face. It's perfect.
The packaging slightly sucks but really for $3 you can't complain.
This powder is awesome and I highly recommend trying it if you are looking for something to set your foundation with.
I will never try another stupid expensive powder again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is ok. It does the job of taking the shine off my face, but it doesn't do much else. I agree that the sponge in it is crappy.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This in translucent is great for keeping in my purse to make the mid-day greasies disappear. it has a nice big mirror, and i haven't broke the mirror, compact, or powder once and this is my third or fourth compact. lasts a long time, but i maybe use it just once a day. i tossed the sponge and use my ecotools travel brush with it and am very happy. zero complaints and I will keep buying again and again.