NYC New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

NYC New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide.

on 10/4/2016 4:18:00 PM

I really like this pressed powder! Got this one in Translucent after my Cover Girl TruBlend Pressed Powder ran out. It matched my skin tone fairly well, although it is a bit whitish. It is not too noticeable, though, as I am pretty fair to begin with. I am happy about the amount of product that my brush picks up when I use it. My CoverGirl powder I would have to really try to scoop up the powder with my brush quite a few times before I was able to get an adequate amount. With NYC, I just dip the brush in, rotate the brush, and voila! Perfect amount.

The finish is quite nice. Granted, it doesn't stay all day, but that is not a huge concern for me. It makes my skin look very smooth and has a beautiful silky matte finish. I have a BB cream whose finish is a bit too dewy for my combination skin, so this powder is perfect for fixing that right up. Very good pressed powder for the price if you was a simple but effective daily powder for setting your makeup!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I own this in pressed and loose, and I really like them both! I picked this up because I heard that they were discontinuing the loose, so I figured I'd have to switch to this when my loose was gone anyway. I am really happy with this product! It sets my makeup really well, and stays on for hours! I'd say it kept my t zone from looking shiny for about 8 hours, which is darn good for a $3 powder! It also doesn't give you that white cast like the loose powder cancif you apply too much. Really happy with this.

love this powder i have it in loose version thou the pressed one is so hard to find in my area crazy but its pale enuff for my pale skin smooth it doesnt control oil but blotting papers work well with it will repurchase

on 1/6/2014 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Goes on fine, but I have oily skin so after a few hours my t zone turned ORANGE blaghh. So embarrassing. Cheap and easy to apply but changes colour throughout day so I will not re purchase

It does the job of setting my makeup, its easy to take with you if you need to because of the nice compact package! and it was cheap! if you have dry patches like me use a little less than one your oily spots and your set to go!

on 12/15/2012 6:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I meant to purchase this in translucent, but I was not paying attention and bought natural beige instead. I am fair skinned, and this was way too light for me. I would much rather try the translucent one. The powder is smooth and does give a nice soft texture to the skin, but the color was just too light. I really like the packaging though, and it has a really nice mirror. I don't recommend using the powder applicator though, it is so thin and feels so cheaply made. Use a powder brush or different puff to apply it. I will not purchase this in natural beige again, but I will try the the translucent one.

For being DIRT CHEAP, this powder isn't THAT bad. The colour selection is horrible, I think there is like.. 3 shades to chose from. I bought Warm Beige, and it is WAY too light... not even beige at all. But I seem to make it work. It is pretty sheer, but it leaves a nice matte finish, which I love. Sometimes it looks a little chalky, and when using a powder brush, it almost turns into dust and gets everywhere. However, I would purchase again if I needed something cheap and quick.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

There's nothing remarkable about this product other than the price, considering how little variation in quality there is in pressed powder. I like it.

on 4/24/2012 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this because the loose powder variation was too risky to travel with (crap packaging). I have dark skin (NW 43), and this will leave a slight white cast, even tho its touted as 'translucent'. Its good in a pinch, if you have something to set it with (I always have Fix+ handy), but Ive found more than one touch up during the day using this, will result in an absolute mess. I keep it in my gym bag as a back up after a morning work out, but I have no real intention of using this on the regular. Its good over my tinted moisturizer (which is really greasy), but otherwise, meh. I wouldnt recommend using the puff that comes with it, definitely needs a brush.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Let me start by saying that the first couple of days I used this powder, I absolutely loved it. Now though, it's okay-good but not great. I like the packaging quite a bit, it's lightweight and easy to travel with. And so far I have had no problems with the pressed powder breaking off, like almost all of my other pressed powders do so that is a plus.
While it does brighten up my face a bit and gives me some added color while "mattifying" my liquid foundation... it's results don't last long before I'm oily again. So I started using this powder and then finishing it with Palladio translucent rice powder on my T-zone. The combo of those two costs me less than $10 which I love :) :) :)
That has so far been pretty successful, and I will finish with that powder routine until this product is gone.