4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

For my skin tone (light-medium NC20) this is a bronzer. I LOOOVE this as my bronzer together with the bahama mama those 2 are my go-to bronzers my most loved ones! This one is warmer than the bahama mama. The name is completely misleading, this has no glow, it's matte! The packaging could be improved to make it more travel friendly but since it's around 5$ I don't mind the packaging. I recommend this as a matte bronzer for girls with light-medium skin. I discovered it thanks to NathalieK (again) and Emiliy Noel (again!) Emily and Nathalie, how many great products have I discovered thanks to you 2! I buy it at walmart since they don't carry it in the drugstores that I go to. Even at walmart sometimes it's difficult to find. I don't know why this is not more popular!! I Love this product! This is Nathalie talking about it go to min 9:54 : https://youtu.be/G-rSRPKRUzg This is Emily review of it: https://youtu.be/pVzAGPE7ycg

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

from

4 years ago

i like this powder, it keeps me matte for hours without it being too flat because of the many different shades, and is a much cheaper version than physicians formula. this is for the shade translucent. the packaging is kinda poor, but for a ~$5 powder, i'll let it slide. this powder shattered even though i didnt drop the compact, and i tried to pour a drop of alcohol into it to fix, but it turned the shade kind of muddy, i think that i should have crushed all of it into a loose powder first before doing that because without doing that, it turned kind of muddy. but all in all a really good performing powder for the money, and i'll buy again

About reviewer (228 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

from

5 years ago

Wow, this is actually really good buy. I am Brown (NC 45) and have super oily skin. I was looking for a good oil control powder to replace my Rimmel Stay Matte in "Transparent". Apparently, "Transparent" is code word for ghostly. I needed something that didnt leave me ghostly but still controlled oil. This looked like a good candidate after reading the reviews here. Well, I've been using this for a week or so and it actually works. It blends in with my skin tone, refreshes my foundation, and gives me an airbrushed effect. It controls oil for a few hours as well and leaves me more dewy than greasy like Rimmel did. Definitely Brown girl approved.

About reviewer (153 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Neutral

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

EyesGreen

5 years ago

This bronzer is one of the cheapest matte drugstore Bronzers available, along with essence, and probably E.L.F. Although I have not tried that one yet. I think it's actually really good quality, it's very build-able and lasts pretty long. I can't say yet whether it beats out my favourites (rimmel natural matte bronzer and physicians formula mosaic compact bronzer) but it's in the running for sure and it's so cheap! I think I paid $3 or $4 at rexall maybe $5 or $6 but still! That's nothing compared to HE which can run you $30 to $60. Overall I definitely recommend this! Not sure if this will work for medium/tanned skin tones, but it probably would be fine if you want a natural looking bronze, or try to build it up! But for pale/light girls like me, this is a great little bronzer, but keep it at home! The packaging is not travel friendly whatsoever :(

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

I hit pan so I ran to Rite Aid to get another one. Lo and behold, it was 40% off the already low price of $4.99. The color is perfect as a bronzer, contour, or face powder for my NC45/C7 skin. I reach for it before I use Mac MSF or NYX Matte Bronzer. This stuff is GOOD. No itchies, no breakouts and I have dry, sensitive skin. It will fade after a few hours, especially in hot and humid summer weather, but I take it with me, and use it to touch up throughout the day. No powdery smells, no downtown brown, no cosmic shimmer, no Snooki orange, just a nice, subtle warmth to my face, which is all any woman needs. I take a small shadow brush and use the lightest color alone as a highlight for my eyes. I take a small contour brush and use the darkest color as a contour down my nose and in the crease of my eye. I use a blending brush and use the medium color as a shadow on my lid. Then I use all of the colors swirled together as an overall finish. If I didn't love buying makeup so much, this would be the only thing I would need for my entire face. Can't lose for $5.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Other

6 years ago

This product is seriously amazing. To be honest I actually like it better than my $40 hoola bronzer. PROS: - price!! My god $4 for an amazing bronzer/contour powder is godly - it's matte, it can be very hard to find a cheap matte bronzer as most have shimmer in them - the look: I love how it's mosaic with lighter and darker parts - very natural looking. It is brown, not orange - applies well. It takes some build up to get some color, but I would much rather prefer that than a huge brown streak. Also for the price I don't mind having to use more product CONS: - packaging: I don't really like how it's circular and how it's made of very cheap, breakable plastic - fades within 5-6 hours even with setting powder & spray Overall, the pros DEFINITELY out weigh the cons. Next time I go to walmart I am stocking up on these, incase for some strange reason they decide to discontinue them. Excited to try the blushes too.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2.0

6 years ago

I have mixed feelings on this. I love the shade and it's great for building on top of translucent powder. My only beef is that I think it's not good for my skin. It hasn't given me a rash, but my face itches where it is applied.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

6 years ago

BEST BRONZER EVER! NYC has great stuff for the price . Used this all winter with my super pale face never looked orange

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I love this bronzer! I have another NYC bronzer that I used for a while, but as soon as I saw this one I looked up the reviews, and people really seemed to enjoy this, so I went for it! It's super silky, applies beautifully and is not too orange/red! I have very pale skin, and this stuff can go on pretty opaquely, but blends out flawlessly. For the price, this bronzer is fantastic. Highly recommended!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

6 years ago

This is my second bronzer. I have Wet and Wild -Ticket to Brazil. This one has more pigment. I like the color better, more brown but as the other reviews say it depends where you swipe the brush on the wheel. I have a natural tan. I think women who have a pinkish tone this would look muddy. Ticket to Brazil cost me $3.20 bucks and this $4.26, so pretty good prices for both. This has a better package and the powder is more stable than Wet and Wild. I love them both, so from now on both are HG products for me.

About reviewer (109 reviews)

Age30-35