3.5

Jojoba Hair One INGREDIENTS: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearly Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Glycerine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butylene Glycol (and) Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Rosa Roxburghii Fruit Extract, Propylene Glycol (and) Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract, Persea Gratissima Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Menthol, Panthenol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, BHT, Polysorbate 60, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA,1,2 Hexanediol (and) Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Fragrance. Cucumber Aloe Hair One INGREDIENTS: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearly Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Glycerine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butylene Glycol (and) Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract, Persea Gratissima Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Menthol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, BHT, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Polysorbate 60, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA,1,2 Hexanediol (and) Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Fragrance.

Beware! I tried this product (with olive oil for dry hair) over a period of three weeks, using it a total of three times during that period, and using the curly-hair version once. Fortunately, I only purchased the single-use packets so am not stuck with left-over unused product. I followed the instructions exactly. After the first use, my hair felt ok but a bit strange. After the third use, I thought it felt dry but thought I just needed to use the product with argan oil for curly hair. After this last use, my hair feels and looks like straw!! It has a tacky feel to it and is no longer smooth looking but has a strange brittleness. I am SO upset by this, as I have taken great pains and months to grow out my naturally thick wavy hair to a nice shoulder length and now I hope I do not have to cut inches from it. I hope it can be repaired by other restorative products (NOT Hair One products). If I could sue this company for this horrible product, I would.

on 10/16/2015 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Short story: I have dry hair, and was always on the search for the perfect shampoo/conditioner combo. I hated the whole struggle. But I finally found my PERFECT PRODUCT: Hair One, Olive Oil version. Get it at Sally's Beauty Supply, get a card there, and use the coupons. Order online, and get it in like 2 days.

Long story:
I have used Hair One exclusively for several years now, and I will never use shampoo again. I swim on a regular basis, and Hair One takes out chlorine, too, with no problem. I used to use Swim-Out shampoo and hated it, but did not know there was another choice. My hair is always soft, shiny, and manageable now, and I use the product daily. And I have really long hair, too, and it grows faster now, and I rarely ever have a split end. For me, shampoo was always the problem. I wanted to try Wen, but it was so expensive. Hair One is great for me. I use a liter a month, but again, I use it daily and have hair to my waist. My husband inherited all my shampoo and conditioner failures.

Every few months, I buy a few liter bottles from Sally's Beauty Supply online, use the 15% off coupon and in two days, my package is on the doorstep. How easy and awesome is that? They have smaller sizes in the store, so if you want to sample it, you can. The more you use, the better the results, so I would try the 8 oz size to really give it a good experiment for yourself.

How to use it:
Be aware that it does not lather. It is a conditioner, that cleans you hair. It will tingle, feel cool and refreshing. The directions seem fussy, but just get your hair really wet, squeeze out the water, pump about 5 squirts in your hand, and massage that into your scalp. Then put a few pumps worth in the rest of your hair, including the ends. Then, COMB it through, carefully to not lose any of the conditioner, and massage it into your scalp again, and through the hair and ends. Then twist it up and clip it to your head. I use one of those octopus clips. Let it sit for a while, rinse it out with warm water. You can use a pump worth for leave in conditioner.

To Read all 235 Reviews, Login or Join

This is definitely not for me. I bought the olive oil formula for dry hair and used as directed. The only thing I liked was the cool minty feeling on my scalp. Otherwise, I'm not at all impressed. My very thick, curly hair ended up dry and frizzy.

I'll stick to my perfect product---Suave Coconut conditioner boosted with a little coconut oil.

on 5/4/2015 2:37:00 PM

EDIT 23/5/2015
I am very sad to report this is making my hair break so I have had to go from 5 stars to 1.
I noticed this a couple of weeks ago, but carried on using this product as I really love it so much and going back to normal shampoo & conditioner feels horrible. It would seem somthing in this doesn't agree with my hair but otherwise I still really liked using this. I am now going to try As I am Cleansing Conditioner as it doesn't have any proteins.

ORIGINAL POST:
I have mid length bleached hair that tangles easily. Recently I have been getting an itchy scalp, so after some reseach decided to try something sulfate free. I was very sceptical about this type of cleansing conditioner, but decided to give it a go due to all the great reviews everywhere. I have been using it for two weeks now to give it a good go, and I really love it.

I do all the scalp massage bit, and find this is easy to apply, not too thick. I don't count the pumps I use, but probably less than is prescribed. I just use what feels right for my length of hair. I would normaly have to use a huge handfull of conditioner and I certainly don't need to use that much with this product. I just add another pump after I rinse and squeeze my hair out, so a little is left on.

This has a cooling effect on my scalp which is quite pleasent, and leaves my hair beautifully clean and shiny. I normaly use a Pantene Pro V Youth Protect 7 BB Cream after a shampoo to get all the tangles out, but with this stuff I dont need to use that any more. My "Wet Brush" just goes straight through my hair. I have also noticed when I air dry my hair now, I have a natural bouncy wave that I have never noticed before.
I still need something on the ends of my hair due to all the dyeing I do (nuxe oil), but otherwise my hair looks and feels fantasticly soft, shiny, tangle free and no more itchy scalp from the first time I used it!

The only con I can think of is (as some reviewers have already said) it has a slightly masculine scent in the bottle, but once on my hair it just smells freash and clean.

I highly recommend giving this a try

on 4/3/2015 11:11:00 PM

This is an odd product for me... I first tried using it as a co-wash and then again as a conditioner afterward, but it left my hair way too dry. Much better results using this as a co-wash and using a separate conditioner. My hair feels so soft and silky once it dries but the strange thing with this is that by the next day, it feels like straw. I go through phases where I will use this... I like the bottle and it does make my hair feel nice for a day, but it really turns to a rat's nest after that. And for that, I will only give it 3 stars.

on 8/15/2014 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is fabulous! I had convinced myself I would not like it at all because I am a Wen girl and after all it's a 3rd of the price. I bought the olive for dry hair. WOW my husband said my hair is so shinny it looks like a wig! I had to laugh. I used John Frieda's 100% shine spray after my hair dried as I always do. This is my new regime. My over processed hair is soft and smooth and very shinny. I will buy this again. Very impressive results. I am a super happy convert.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this hoping it would be a dupe for Wen. This stuff felt great while it was in my hair and I followed the directions to a T. When I rinsed it out, my hair felt like straw. I would not repurchase or recommend.

I love it; although I don't use it for cleansing. It just seems like such a waste - especially for my hair type, which is very wavy. If you have a fine or oily hair type, then it might work well as a cleanser because such hair doesn't need as much conditioning, typically. However, for some like me, it's a waste to use this kind of product this way: better to just use conditioner to wash. I believe some call it co-washing.

So anyway, I just use this as a leave in conditioner! And it works great! My hair is soft, shiny, manageable, no frizz! Sometimes, if I use too much, it can be a little crunch, but just comb it out or brush it, and it's soft and lovely!

Note about overconditioning: It's very possible to do with this product. If you end up with mushy hair that breaks off, it might be that this stuff is overconditioning. One must maintain a healthy hair balance above all else. As such, I'm using it every other day or so. I might try a steam cap with this. I have a feeling it will do wonders! What a great, cheap alternative to Wen.

on 9/21/2013 3:37:00 PM

I loved what this product did for my scalp. I have tried every deep cleansing shampoo and it always felt like it was sitting on my scalp. This worked wonders the first and second time but the third time ouch. My scalp was still super clean but my hair was damaged - not just dried out, I'm talking breaking off damaged. Pulled out my glasses and read the teeny tiny print of the ingredients and there it was - wheat protein. It's like kryptonite to my hair. Sucks I paid so much for it and now it will be used to shave my legs.

If protein isn't a problem for your hair, definitely give it a try.

Good luck!

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I bought this for Curly Hair. It cleans well, but ultimately weighs my fine, curly hair down. It's also too strongly scented for my nose, almost like a musky cologne. I really don't like using it more than 1-2x a week. For reference, I have tried various shampoo alternatives: L'Oreal's cleansing condish, which was my favorite but has a bad pump, Chagrin Valley shampoo bars (nightmare for my scalp), and ACV/baking soda combo. None have really cleaned my hair and scalp well. I think I'm going to stick to detergent-based shampoos in the future. Bonus for this product: it does really help with frizz reduction!

Popular Hair Products