Urban Decay Indecent

Urban Decay Indecent
Indecent

2.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/24/2011 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I do like the packaging on these lipsticks, a bit unpractical yes, but also quite unique. I also like the color, but the shimmer not so much. The lipstick would have been nice if it werent for the taste, it really is horrible and because of it, I never use this product.

This is the absolute worst tasting lipstick I have ever wasted $21.00 on.
I did not choose this product, I bought it as a result of a make-over.
The color went well with the smokey eye the make-up artist applied.
The horrible taste supercedes any of the good qualities the product might have. Very dissapointed. Wish I would have kept the receipt.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

this is THE closest I will ever be able to come to wearing a "red" lipstick.. I LOVE GLITTER and this lipstick rocks my socks!!! im sick right now but all i can smell is a "formulation" that may be a bit strong although i did lick my lips out of curiosity and yes it does taste quite yucky although this has nooo affect on my opinion at all.. it would have been 5 lippies but the taste was bad so i took one off! but seriously.. licking your lips is bad for you anyways! oh and for all the glitter haters.. i wouldn't suggest this for you as it does have chunks.. beautiful sparkly chunks :)

tip: this with a little bit of stila pearl shimmer gloss in ocean currant is Gorgeous~!!!

on 2/24/2010 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Let me start with the color: it's a 5, all the way. Maybe the best peach on the market.

I can deal with the expense.

I would prefer the packaging not have a dagger on the end, occationally poking holes in my jacket pocket or purse lining (if you get a mini UD lippy, jump on it!).

However, THE TASTE!! It's horrible. It's a deal breaker. I actually noticed it when I tried it on, but the clerk said it was only rubbing alcohol residue and not to worry. I have never disliked the taste of another UD lip product, so I figured she was right.

Nope!

It tasted like poison, even after topping it with my yummy Let Them Eat Cake lipbalm by LUSH. Nothing can disguise the taste and it did not go away with time.

Back to sephora it went.

I am still saddened by it. Save yourself the heartbreak. Just don't try it on.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I design packaging for a living (not makeup packaging, unfortunately!) and this packaging should win an award. It's beautiful and unique. I know many people don't like it, but I think it's a work of art.

I love this color. It looks downright beautiful on me. I love shimmery/glittery lipstick and this "peach" turns the most beautiful neutral pink shade on my lips. It's full of shimmer and makes my lips look so nice. I am tempted to wear it every day, but I have a house full of other lipstick so I have to be fair. :) The scent to me is licorice, and dissipates rather quickly in my experience. To be honest I didn't ever taste the lipstick till I came here and read reviews that it tasted bitter... and it definitely does... but I wore this many times and never noticed. I find that it's long lasting... so perhaps my not constantly tasting the lipstick might have something to do with it lasting longer than it seems to for most people? ;)

on 1/18/2009 5:12:00 PM

So I know my rating for such a nice product seems low, but that is because of two simple things: The HORRIBLE icky taste and smell of this lipstick (it actually gives me bad breath when I wear it.) AND the stupid packaging(seemingly a common problem in the world of UD products)... oh, and the price is a definite negative too.
Having said all of that, I LOVE this lipstick for the beautiful colour, and the lovely formula. I MIGHT buy it again if UD changes their packaging and stench, but otherwise I'll hang on to this one, and use it, but not often...and not when I have a date.

This is a lovely sheer, fleshy peach, just what I needed. I usually wear pink-based shades, so this is a walk on the wild side for me. The color is subtle and goes well with smoky eye, especially the brown kind. Most importantly, it doesn't make me look yellow or washed out which is important for a pale-face. I love the medium creamy texture of the lipstick. It's smooth enough with a quite good staying power- a good compromise for a lipstick. The fragrance is really yummy, just like caramel, but the taste is surprisingly bitter. It doesnt stop me from wearing the lipstick though. But I would not kiss a guy while wearing it, unless it was part of some revenge... The packaging looks cute, but is unnecessarily toyish and impractical. Especially the dagger, which I'd love to remove but you can hardly open the cap without it. The price is bordering on ridiculous- since there are no particularly natural, organic ingredients that could justify it. You're basically paying for the brand name, yet, it's more justifiable and less embarrassing than spending a fortune on a Chanel lipstick and alike, in my opinion. I don't really mind paying a bit extra for a cruelty free, vegan product. But I do expect good quality for my money. In this case the quality of the product, (nice, creamy texture & good lasting power) plus the perfect shade of orange win over the fussy packaging & bitter taste. I want to try other shades too, and might even purchase Indecent again -unless something tastier and more practical shows up.

on 12/19/2008 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This lipstick is a very very sheer shimmery peach. I am going to try it over MAC Summerfruit liner and see if I like it better, because it is only a step above being clear and my lips are pretty light anyway. The packaging looks very cute but it is hard to pull the tube out of the case and the dagger is sort of annoying.

on 10/21/2008 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This lipstick is described as a pale peach/sheer shimmer and that is a pretty accurate description. I really like this on its own but I also use it over other lipsticks to give them a glossy and shimmery finish. This one does have a bit of a bitter taste, althought it isn't as bad as Pistol. I find myself reaching for this lippie more that the other UD lippies I bought (Pistol,Rush,Wanted,and Sellout). This doesn't last long on my lips, but I expect this of most sheer lipsticks. I would repurchase if UD got rid of the bitter taste and changed the packaging. That little dagger on the end drives me nuts.