MAC Lip Conditioner (tube)

4.1

Petrolatum, Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Cholesterol, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Avocado Oil Unsaponifiables, Castor Seed Oil, Squalane, Silica, Vanillin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Yellow 10 Lake

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I just love it. Pure lip balm gorgeousness.

Okay 5 lips this product is amazing! I have always always struggled with nasty chapped lips and I mess with them when they're dry on top of it all so they are UGLY lol. Anyway, this product, sure its expensive, however, if you have extremely dry lips it is 100% worth the money. I hate products that don't do their job, especially ones that are so expensive. If I am telling you to get it, get it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was very excited to try this but it dries out my lips. The worst lip balm ever

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Disappointed... it dries out my lips!! I used it overnight, and in the morning my lips were dry and fine lines more noticeable. Slightly sticky as well. Do not like at all.

It's okay. Does the same price of my little pot of Vaseline to be honest . Just a bigger price tag lol. Could make it a bit cheaper for what it is to be fair. Makes my lips soft but like I say , more reasonably priced products out there. :-) x

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Bought this, used it for awhile, then misplaced it. It's not too thick, not too sticky and scented. It's main ingredient is petroleum, but it's not too shiny. I use a lot of different lip balms, glosses and conditioners. Smiths rosebud salve, straight Vaseline, kiehl's, aquaphor, Nivea lip butter, Palmers glue stick, etc. a long time ago, I bought a tube of Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. The petroleum based lip products Moisturize by sealing water in. They aren't meant to soak into the lips per se. It's absolutely fine. When my lips are super chapped I use little mini tubes of lansinoh 100% lanolin plus a Vaseline type lip balm over it. This can be worn under lip stick and it was nice under drier matte lip sticks.

Basically, I didn't dislike it as much as I disliked Nuxe lip balm with honey (the citrus scent irritated my lips and they never felt moist) or Lancôme juicy balm which was a messy disaster.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I honestly love this lip conditioner! I thought £12.50 sounded crazy for a lip balm but after using a gift card for my first purchase I have since bought two of these. I have quite dry lips and whenever I apply other lipbalms (and I've tried A LOT of them) my lips seem to dry out within 5 minutes, this however keeps the lips looking moisturised and feeling luxurious for a long time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm buying this since 2009 and I love it.
Every time I try to switch to any other lip hydrating product I regret doing so. Nothing works on dry lips as well as this thing.
I live in dry climate. That means every part of my body needs extra hydration. If I do not wear any lip product for couple of days (or if I wear something super matte) my lips are starting to crack. This conditioner heals them in just a day.
It has very pleasant vanilla scent, gel like texture and no noticeable taste.
People who do not like it are thinking of it as a lip balm, well it's not.
MAC website states that it can be worn under the lipstick or on it's on. I don't like both ways for daytime. MAC Prep+Prime Lip is way better for wearing under the lipstick, it helps color to stay put, while Lip Conditioner doesn't. If I wear it alone during the day I have to constantly reapply it, because it completely sinks into the lips in about 30 min.
I find it best to be used:
1 - as overnight treatment. Put it on before going to sleep, you'll be pleased in a morning.
2 - put it on in the morning at the same time as your moisturizer and wipe off right before applying your lipstick. Lips are going to be hydrated and lipstick will perform well.
3 - if you need to get rid of dry lips, use it alone for a day and reapply every hour / as soon as it sinks.

Hope you'll find it helpful.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm undecided on whether or not I would repurchase this. It does an amazing job of smoothing the lips and making them look perfectly conditioned...very temporarily. It does not seem to penetrate very well or offer much long-lasting moisture; I can apy this several times throughout the evening, but if I don't apply a heavy occlusive layer right before bed, I'll still wake up with chapped lips. I think this works very well as a pre-lipstick treatment, but maybe not as a general moisturizing treatment that actually improves lip condition. Also: the smell is fine, but it has a bitter taste if it gets in your mouth (which it will).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is the second tube that I'm on. I use it before I go to bed at night and when I wake up in the morning it's still on and my lips feel ultra soft and moisturized. It's basically Vaseline with a vanilla scent. Love the packaging as it's super convenient to throw in your purse and apply with its slant tip applicator. A little bit goes a LONG way. It does what it claims it will do. $16 for .5 fl oz seems expensive but considering this will last you forever I think it's well worth the investment as it literally transforms your lips and makes them kissably soft.

Top Rated Lip Treatments