Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream

Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream

3.8

Deionized Water, Bladderwrack Extract, Polyglycerylmethacrylate,Stearic Acid,Isopropyl Myristate,Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Elastin,Hyaluronic Acid, Collagen,Propylparaben, Triethanolamine,Methylparaben,Benzoic Acid, Imidazolidinyl Urea

I can't say enough good things about this night-cream. I have combination (dry in morning, oily in evening), extremely acne-prone, sensitive skin and rosacea. This night cream is the only one I've found that I can really slather on without worrying about breaking out the next day. It is green so it tints your face green, you definitely won't look cute after putting this on, but I do it right before bed and have no issues. My face feels silky and pillowy in the morning and then I wash with the seaweed face wash. It does have a unique smell but I actually like it (kind of old lady-ish, but my boyfriend has never complained and he even uses it every now and then). It also has helped lessen my rosacea redness significantly, I think because the cream is so gentle.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My only complaint about this is the boring package. I love creams that come in pretty containers. Anyway - Ive had a hard time finding a face cream that I liked and felt that it did soemthing for me. I tried Kiehls, Bobbi Brown, etc and nothing. This really absorbed nicely, and I did feel that my skin was less dry and smoother. Its a nice consistency. It's pretty affordable for a good night cream.

To Read all 159 Reviews, Login or Join

I was searching for a new moisturiser (since my day/night moisturiser has run out) and I decided to give this a go! Some reasons why I chose it

1. I was on budget, and Mario Badescu is soo reasonably priced
2. I dont have any problems with my skin at the moment except that it was a bit flaky
3. Mario Badescu products have proved to be pretty good for me (e.g. facial spray, whitening mask, and glycolic cleanser which was my least favourite product but thats another review).

The packaging was the standard Mario Badescu. I liked that it was in a pot/tub thing and not in a tube because I personally like it that way. The simple design is nice. Feels like more money is going into the product rather than the packaging.

The look and smell were amazing! Love the smell. Not sure how to describe it. Probably a fresh/floral? smell. It also has a slight gleam to it which made it look pretty. It had a very thick consistency.

I tried it out a few nights so far and its been pretty good. Instead of putting a thick layer on, I try to layer it slowly, put in a few dots of moisturiser, rub it in, and repeat which helps with the stickiness of it.

Usually by the time I wake up, it's pretty much absorbed into my skin. My skin flakiness seemed to have improved as well.

Overall a very nice simple and affordable moisturiser.

on 9/5/2015 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

This moisturizer works and smells great. It doesn't feel oily on the skin and absorbs fairly quickly. That being said, I don't see it as a huge jump from other nighttime moisturizers I've used. I'll probably be trying some others out before I consider re-purchasing.

on 5/29/2015 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Unfortunately, this wasn't a great product for my oily skin. While I liked the creamy texture and the smell was nice, I noticed no benefit to my skin over time. Instead, I noticed more pimples and whiteheads. This is a rich product, so I only used small amounts, but that didn't seem to matter. I stopped using it long before I finished the jar and moved back to using nothing more than a retinol product at night. Still, my breakouts were so bad that it took almost a month for my skin to clear up. This experience makes me hesitate to buy any more facial products from Mario Badescu.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I used a sample size and it made my skin rougher in the morning so I won't be using it ever again. The texture was nice when I put it on but it just didn't work out with my skin.

on 4/14/2015 10:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Pretty thick consistency but leaves your skin feeling very soft. I have acne prone skin and this hasn't broken me out but I only tend to apply it to the drier areas of my face that need more moisture. It's very perfumey so if you can get past that this cream is fantastic!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Almost done with my first whole tub of this and I have to say that I really like it. I purchased the regimen kit for oily/combination skin and got a little sample of this in it; it worked really well so I decided to get the full size. The trick to this is that a little goes a long way! I used to slather this on and it felt like it never fully absorbed, then I learned that just a dab on each area of my face is a perfect amount. My skin feels so soft and hydrated in the morning and it really glows. The smell is a little different so it may take some getting used to but I find it comforting now. It has never made me break out and it doesn't irritate my sometimes sensitive skin, plus the price is reasonable. Can't ask for much more!

This is the most moisturizing night cream I've ever tried. I love this stuff!

on 3/4/2015 11:22:00 AM

I find that most Mario Badescu products are extremely effective. This one is my favourite! The consistency is perhaps peculiar at first, however when you take a minute to massage it into the skin it provides fantastic moisture. I also use it in the morning before I apply my make-up, although I let it soak in at least 10 minutes in advance. It works really well with most foundations and BB creams. This is gentle enough to use around the eyes. Great price for such a good product.