Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream

Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream

3.8

Deionized Water, Bladderwrack Extract, Polyglycerylmethacrylate,Stearic Acid,Isopropyl Myristate,Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Elastin,Hyaluronic Acid, Collagen,Propylparaben, Triethanolamine,Methylparaben,Benzoic Acid, Imidazolidinyl Urea

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Overall: Affordable product that does exactly as it claims.
Pro: Provides great moisturisation and very affordable.
Con: Greasy feeling

I came across this brand while trying to find something in Mecca that was affordable. As someone with sensitive skin, this brand attracted my eye. Aside from being quite heavy and greasy, I really love this moisturiser. Having said that, the heaviness is the reason it provides such great hydration. I usually put it on a good 10 minutes before I get into bed so it has time to sink in, it doesn't stain my sheets or anything but it doesn't absorb into the skin straight away. Since using the Mario Badescu range I've received a number of compliments on my skin and have definitely seen and improvement in it's texture, particularity during the harsh winter climate!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My first night cream as someone who's hit late 20s and looking to invest in my skin. This has been great! I was scared it would break me out but my skin loves it! Leaves it soft, evens the skin tone and helps with redness and hasn't broke me out once. Love it! The price is great too

on 4/6/2017 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

leaves skin very soft & velvety. I usually don't like thick moisturisers but this cream is different. It's not oily but feels oily in a good way- if you hate oils, you will still like this product. Will buy again 100%

on 3/22/2017 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Okay, I would usually wait until I had finished a product to review it but this stuff is so good, I have to say something and I'm not even half way through.

Overseas I had 1. forgotten my night time cream and 2. I wanted to use the abundance of US products to my advantage and grab something thats hard to find/expensive back home in Australia. So, I picked this up at Urban Outfitters (of all places!) mainly due to it's really good price, simple packaging and the rave reviews I had seen previously about it.

Texture is metallic goopy. You don't need much of this at all. I dot it on my cheeks, chin, forehead and neck. The cream is somewhat thick but glides on and melts into your skin beautifully. Has a slight smell that can be pleasant or smell horrible, depending on what product you had used on your face beforehand.

After applying you skin feels nourished. When you wake up however, you glow. You skin bounces and looks firm and clear. No oiliness, no residue and no clogged pores or breakouts. This is simple miracle stuff. I'm obsessed.

on 3/28/2017 6:15:00 AM

Its not bad at all, really but this is not for everyone.
He is very rich ! Maybe too rich?
I have combination skin and he is too thick for me -I can not sleep with this cream on -I "feel" it and this is not comfortable. I have very sensitive skin and this cream didnt make any strange things with my face.
Effect is quite good only rich consistency makes me creazy. I was using very little for all my face and I still get too much on my face. This is strange becasue the cream is going inside your skin but on my face I have still extra screen and I dont like this feeling. One jar you will be using months!
This could be good for dry or normal skin.
I have used 3/4 and it was difficult journey.The rest I gave to my frind-she loves it ! !After using (only before sleeping) in the morning we receive nice, healthy skin.The problem is only to fall a sleep with this one on the face
Shea butter is less heavy than this one :)
I have tried and I will not buy it again

I can't say enough good things about this night-cream. I have combination (dry in morning, oily in evening), extremely acne-prone, sensitive skin and rosacea. This night cream is the only one I've found that I can really slather on without worrying about breaking out the next day. It is green so it tints your face green, you definitely won't look cute after putting this on, but I do it right before bed and have no issues. My face feels silky and pillowy in the morning and then I wash with the seaweed face wash. It does have a unique smell but I actually like it (kind of old lady-ish, but my boyfriend has never complained and he even uses it every now and then). It also has helped lessen my rosacea redness significantly, I think because the cream is so gentle.

on 5/29/2015 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Unfortunately, this wasn't a great product for my oily skin. While I liked the creamy texture and the smell was nice, I noticed no benefit to my skin over time. Instead, I noticed more pimples and whiteheads. This is a rich product, so I only used small amounts, but that didn't seem to matter. I stopped using it long before I finished the jar and moved back to using nothing more than a retinol product at night. Still, my breakouts were so bad that it took almost a month for my skin to clear up. This experience makes me hesitate to buy any more facial products from Mario Badescu.

I was searching for a new moisturiser (since my day/night moisturiser has run out) and I decided to give this a go! Some reasons why I chose it

1. I was on budget, and Mario Badescu is soo reasonably priced
2. I dont have any problems with my skin at the moment except that it was a bit flaky
3. Mario Badescu products have proved to be pretty good for me (e.g. facial spray, whitening mask, and glycolic cleanser which was my least favourite product but thats another review).

The packaging was the standard Mario Badescu. I liked that it was in a pot/tub thing and not in a tube because I personally like it that way. The simple design is nice. Feels like more money is going into the product rather than the packaging.

The look and smell were amazing! Love the smell. Not sure how to describe it. Probably a fresh/floral? smell. It also has a slight gleam to it which made it look pretty. It had a very thick consistency.

I tried it out a few nights so far and its been pretty good. Instead of putting a thick layer on, I try to layer it slowly, put in a few dots of moisturiser, rub it in, and repeat which helps with the stickiness of it.

Usually by the time I wake up, it's pretty much absorbed into my skin. My skin flakiness seemed to have improved as well.

Overall a very nice simple and affordable moisturiser.

on 9/5/2015 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

This moisturizer works and smells great. It doesn't feel oily on the skin and absorbs fairly quickly. That being said, I don't see it as a huge jump from other nighttime moisturizers I've used. I'll probably be trying some others out before I consider re-purchasing.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My only complaint about this is the boring package. I love creams that come in pretty containers. Anyway - Ive had a hard time finding a face cream that I liked and felt that it did soemthing for me. I tried Kiehls, Bobbi Brown, etc and nothing. This really absorbed nicely, and I did feel that my skin was less dry and smoother. Its a nice consistency. It's pretty affordable for a good night cream.